What's new

Paul/Frank co-sponsoring legalization bill

igrowone

Veteran
Saw this on CNBC today(06-21-2011), Ron Paul and Barney Frank will be introducing a legalization bill in a day or so.
I guess the more remarkable thing was how it was presented on CNBC. No snickers, just a few thoughts on how some states might actually see this a positive.
That's quite a change from the Prop 19 coverage(in the beginning anyways). Perhaps the momentum isn't quite dead.

vta

Veteran
Reps. Paul, Frank to Unveil Bill to Decriminalize Marijuana
By: CNBC.com

In an unlikely alliance, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) and Barney Frank (D-MA) plan to introduce a bill on Thursday that would end the federal prohibition on marijuana.

The bill by the conservative Paul and liberal Frank would allow states to determine their own marijuana laws —including medical marijuana laws, without federal interference.

Paul will be a guest on the "Kudlow Report," tonight at 7 pm on CNBC.

RetroGrow

Veteran
That's really good news!
Ron Paul is the man.
Hopefully something good will come of this.
I am tired of being a "criminal".

igrowone

Veteran
watched the interview, feeling OK on what i heard
presented as returning some power to the states, the end of federal prohibition
i can see this going forward for a bit, good circumstances for it
the last prohibition ended during a depression

HUGE

Veteran
Well done well done. I love that man and don't understand why he isn't like the most popular man in America.

Botanist

I know i have not posted for a wile boys. Big into politics and trying to get this man elected. When i heard today i thought of all my long lost friends on ICMAG. Will make it a point to drop in and chat more often.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
awesome, but some parts of the story confused me.
The legislation would limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, and allow people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal.
But planting, selling or commercially distributing marijuana remains illegal under federal law.
que ?
i guess they mean "But commercially planting, selling or distributing..."

Wow, very articulate and thoughtful responses to the questions. I fist pumped a few times after some of his points. A politician that has taken the time to educate themselves on marijuana and the consequences of the drug war is refreshing.

Edit: Just did some googling, being Canadian I didn't realize that Ron Paul is a Republican. A Republican that favours senseible drug policy?? WHAT?!

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Ron Paul & Barney Franks introducing bill to end War on Marijuana

Ron Paul & Barney Franks introducing bill to end War on Marijuana

i really don't think this will pass, but it's nice to at least see a bill be introduced. people are becoming more aware of the absurdity of the marijuana laws.

more and more exposure can only help...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/was...e-a-bill-to-end-federal-war-on-marijuana.html

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/25712977;_ylt=AjupvmIpId.8ZkhPioRaQ2.3SpZ4

someday, someday :good:

If that interview was conducted on Fox he would have been cut off every twenty seconds.

"What about the children?"

"First pot, then heroin. Amirite? Your response Dr. Paul?"

Latest posts

Latest posts