What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

passive plant killer

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
passive plant killer

My buddy asked me to set up some outdoor hydro this year.

55 gallon drums...I'm thinking 200gallon agricultural troughs or kiddie pools.

I don't know if you caught the giant plant pic I posted, but...
Wider is better

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My buddy asked me to set up some outdoor hydro this year.

55 gallon drums...I'm thinking 200gallon agricultural troughs or kiddie pools.

I don't know if you caught the giant plant pic I posted, but...
Wider is better

I haven been here in a while and not many come here any more but many are still subscribed.

Just posted this about this barrel in the forums
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=255095

58 gallon drums, HD plastic barrells, they have thick walls but has accepted the tire valve without a drop. $71. but here is the direct link:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=1009668

jason33

whats your knowledge please of 100 % per-lite, with top dripper to, what do u think , never tryd, i use 75% happy frog , 20 % per-lite and little bat guano 5%. great drainage dude,,,, i want to try one top drip per-lite grow , any comments , please thank you,,,,

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hi, jason! welcome!

im very sorry to hear about your bout with cancer. in 2004 my wife and i sat across the exam room from one of the top cancer docs in the country and he told us that i had a fast growing deadly cancer (hepato cellular carcinoma) and had about 6 mos to get everything in order.

well as you can see, he was wrong! they treated the cancer and slowed it down and then took it out with the old liver. i am cancer free today.

don't mess around with perlite or a straight drip. you need a totally reliable system that grows nice plants every time.

i'm going to start another build tutorial in a few days.

in the meantime go to the "wicked pulse" thread and there you will find a handwatered version and a powered version. study that and when you respond here tell me what equipment you have on hand and what you are using for light and i will design a system that fits your space and gets you maximum production of medicine.

later, d9

doneit

Veteran
whats your knowledge please of 100 % per-lite, with top dripper to, what do u think , never tryd, i use 75% happy frog , 20 % per-lite and little bat guano 5%. great drainage dude,,,, i want to try one top drip per-lite grow , any comments , please thank you,,,,
I have been using straight perlite for many trs. IMO it is one of the best mediums available.
It has out performed rockwool cubes in pebbles, sunshine #4,
and many Perlite mixes, like peat, and Verm.
Over the years we evolved into a top feed system as seen below, it is an awesome set up and performs as good as any, and i believe better than 99% of other systems.
picture.php

picture.php

Banefoul

will be nice to see an updated version of this.. with photos. as the ones i see are either blank x's or just missings photos or links back and forth to missing photos.

Banefoul

sure the pulse is the one i did NOT check as i was looking for ppk.

ps your download links for pdf are no longer working.

pps. thanks

jason33

thanks guys, sorry been out sick, i noticed some kind of powder substance , called like powder mold,pm. been growing legally ,correct , and never heard of this ,2 Aurora indica, small yield not right. so any knowledge on this, o.m.gosh .i used sm-90, but whats better.and will it ,spread to all my fresh og.kush grow????please help ////

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Wicking height

Wicking height

:tiphat:Hello all, D9. I am asking this question here because I should have asked/done this years ago. Now, having the time, am experimenting and validating... Wicking with MVP, you said, was 6 to 7 inches, I accepted that and have been running, sucessfully, since starting with the PPKs. Thank you. but taking a PPK rez (RPPK) filling it to 3.5 inches with RO and putting in place the PPK pot (TPPK) does not give me wet media at the top of the wick. I'd think it should be wet enough to moisturise 1-2 more inches of media: no? WHUT?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
thanks guys, sorry been out sick, i noticed some kind of powder substance , called like powder mold,pm. been growing legally ,correct , and never heard of this ,2 Aurora indica, small yield not right. so any knowledge on this, o.m.gosh .i used sm-90, but whats better.and will it ,spread to all my fresh og.kush grow????please help ////

hey jason! sorry, but i've never had pm before so don't really know anything about it. perhaps in the infirmary?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
:tiphat:Hello all, D9. I am asking this question here because I should have asked/done this years ago. Now, having the time, am experimenting and validating... Wicking with MVP, you said, was 6 to 7 inches, I accepted that and have been running, sucessfully, since starting with the PPKs. Thank you. but taking a PPK rez (RPPK) filling it to 3.5 inches with RO and putting in place the PPK pot (TPPK) does not give me wet media at the top of the wick. I'd think it should be wet enough to moisturise 1-2 more inches of media: no? WHUT?

i did that so long ago i don't remember whether it was screened or washed or what.

sounds like straight turface right out of the bag.

the more you wash it and screen it the less capillary capability you will have.

hey, what do you think is going to happen with medical in florida?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
i did that so long ago i don't remember whether it was screened or washed or what.

sounds like straight turface right out of the bag.

the more you wash it and screen it the less capillary capability you will have.

hey, what do you think is going to happen with medical in florida?

I'm hopeful but doubtful. Govenor Scott is exmedical guy. R. we have liberal gun laws. same thing happened 2 years ago bill was 'never read', so never got on the ballot. expect similar. but the govenor is also a good money man.. I'd be a happy indiviual. times change, the money would be good. and if he is up on cannacures principle who knows. the Rs gott give somewhere in public sentiment.. dinner! gotta go. thanks.:tiphat:

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PPKers are around.. lots of folks on board.

Check the vertical forums for many.

This thread is dead. D9s new thread is a big plant PPK. Details all the latest and greatest..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=256089

This thread is as a D9 tree is on his PPK.

Ya just cant kill it-wont die-ain't goin ta happen anytime soon.

-----------

Strange fact about this thread...

Only 2 likes on the 1st post-1st page...

Whats that about... lol

Shouldn't it be in the 1000's by now..

2cents..lol

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
ah my mistake.

Must have been on his A Wicked Pulse thread where he was asking anyone to take the questions over to his big plant ppk thread.

Though,
Certainly wouldnt want any newbs using some 3.5 uppers with holes drilled into them.. lol. Shit moves fast in the PPK world. We're talking wide upper, pulse saturation, triple tail piece, no holes, etc, etc.

Shit's high speed.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your spot on bro. D9 did ask ta have ? & such on his new thread.
Just playing here & ya right.. PPK be evolving like crazy..
Would IMO suggest 1st time users start Old School PPK with 3/8" + line's and get a feel for her. Then take it to another level..

Peace...

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
ah my mistake.

Must have been on his A Wicked Pulse thread where he was asking anyone to take the questions over to his big plant ppk thread.

Though,
Certainly wouldnt want any newbs using some 3.5 uppers with holes drilled into them.. lol. Shit moves fast in the PPK world. We're talking wide upper, pulse saturation, triple tail piece, no holes, etc, etc.

Shit's high speed.

Hello FF.. i still use the 3.5 gllon buckets.. some use sterilite tubs, not newb, no room for trees. finding and installing the 3/8" hose and drilling those fuggin holes in the buckets were the two bigges PITAs of the whole PPK process. I would think newbs would would be put off more by it. 1/2" watertight grommets, instead of tire valves (I still have about 70 left) and 1/2" hose, are easier to find and drier to work with for anyone.:tiphat: