What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

passive plant killer

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I agree. I was just messing.

I still think the original design of 3.5 over 3.5 with one tailpiece is great (or any rendition of the PPK for that matter). Going to try employing it in a couple horizontal 4x8 tents with about 8-12 plants total.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, jjenkins! well, i got to the point where i have to delete pics to post pics so i'm just taking the oldest first.

you are not really missing anything though. there are numerous newer versions around on different threads. mostly in the vert forum.

if you have any questions please direct them to the "big plant ppk" thread there.

thanks, d9

gkoat

Is it possible to use blumats with a ppk system? Are there any benefits?

After more research, it seems that the the ppk depends on pulse watering, rather than the blumat approach, which is based on the soil dampness. Is this correct? Would blumats therefore be less beneficial than the pulse drip?

D

DHF

Is it possible to use blumats with a ppk system? Are there any benefits?
PPK`s are timed "pulse or saturation" recirculating feed setups , compared to Blumats bein continuous feed DTW of sorts , so they`re 2 different animals......and no.......

With Blumats , it wouldn`t be a PPK......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

gkoat

PPK`s are timed "pulse or saturation" recirculating feed setups , compared to Blumats bein continuous feed DTW of sorts , so they`re 2 different animals......and no.......

With Blumats , it wouldn`t be a PPK......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Ah ha...understood...so the ppk system is inclusive of both pulse top feeding AND the wick -

is the general consensus that a ppk with the wick underneath outperforms the blumat with the wick?

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
is the general consensus that a ppk with the wick underneath outperforms the blumat with the wick?

Unless youve seen blumats and wicks do this....I would say generally yes.
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

D

DHF

Unless youve seen blumats and wicks do this....I would say generally yes.
View Image
View Image View Image
Ok.......Let`s just show off HL.......:moon:.....Seriously though.......

PPK`s a force to be reckoned with in several different ways once dialed......Hell....

No rootzone temp issues with a hydro setup and monster growth regardless is the biggest leap forward IME......

Blumats do well for smaller plants , and the maxi`s do as well with bigger plants , but.....

I`ve not seen growth with big plants like this in many yrs , and trust me.....I`ve seen big plants.....regardless....PPK`s rule.....and....

Blumat`s drool.....but......They`re pretty simple and gravity fed and foolproof once dialed for absolutely lil to no maintenance.......and....

Given proper veg schedule pumps out big plants , but not like this souped up D9 conglomeration.......anyways.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Ok.......Let`s just show off HL.......:moon:.....Seriously though.......

Dont worry at some point im gonna have to stop and move on..Its just because d9 doesnt show off enough at all. This guy needs the herb equivalent of an owsly buckle.

Plus anyone getting to the show now, has basically gotten the cheat code. The growth blows everything out of the water afaik.

People start rooting branches in the UC and I might think of holding my tongue..

bearded1

Haven't logged in in very long time. Your first thread is why I'm back. Didn't have time to try starting a ppk. (wife got sick) logged on to reread thread and I'll be damned if you didn't take over the world. ha ha ha. I Like the changes . Now that things are better I'm going to build a small one. Sure wish I had already done it. Love the changes.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
i have not read anything or seen anything about or from Delta9nsx in some time.. I miss his writings and wisdom. His passive plant killer thread (this one) was a revelation before he disappeared and the powers to be took down all pictures relating to the PPK... those pictures were important. Shills, at the end, muddied the water and reintroduced 'snake oils' into the thread, condemning it into confusion and non interest. after all simplicity is not in the best interest of 'selling' stuff (advertisers).

I did not know him personally but we spoke occasionally by PM about how many of the ICMAG retailers and hydro manufacturers, might not like the PPK process because of its simplicity, once in place and the lack of need to go to 'the hydro store' for the hardware or supportive nutrient products required...

Wishing you well. if you're still out there D9..