What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
FFOF = Fuck, Fuck, Oh Fuck! You burned my plants!

FFOF = Fuck, Fuck, Oh Fuck! You burned my plants!

I am officially against Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil.

I've seen a number people espouse FFOF's greatness, so I figured I'd give it a try; well, the shit is burning my plants and now I have to leech my soil. Weak...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I plan on going back to Sta-Green or something with little to no nutrients so I can add my own. In previous grows, I simply fertilized with GH's FloraNova series and had good results despite my cramped conditions. I'm going to add Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma to the mix to round out the water and provide some micronutrients.

Since my plants are in need of a good watering, I figure I'll give them a good gallon of plain water each and see if I can't leech out some of the fertilizers. A week later I think I'll add in the Liquid Karma and Cal-Mag.

At that point the plants will likely be ready to transplant and flip to 12/12. We'll see...

On another note, I pulled a Kalichakra runt today...
picture.php

R.I.P., little buddy.

Full update in a day or so...

jwm

Veteran
Very nice pan....I too have held off trying the FFOF. I know a ton of peeps swear by it but I worry about too much of a good thing...I'm more comfortable making my own, more control...I'm getting ready to order some mandala genetics so I'll be watching.

thatguy

Thanks for the warning about FFOF with 'lings! I've heard it before, but now that's it! I'm throwing clones into it, no 'lings!

Dude, as far as calmag goes, check out the botanicare calmag+, it's got trace minerals and (I think) fulvic acid as well.

Keepin my fingers crossed for the rest of them!

All the best,
TG

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Thanks for the warning about FFOF with 'lings! I've heard it before, but now that's it! I'm throwing clones into it, no 'lings!
Clones might be okay, but I'm swearing off the stuff indefinitely. I just like knowing exactly how hot my mix is going to be.

Dude, as far as calmag goes, check out the botanicare calmag+, it's got trace minerals and (I think) fulvic acid as well.
That's the Cal-Mag I'm referring to. I'm working my way off of the GH nutes and onto the Botanicare line. I've already got Liquid Karma and Cal-Mag; I've also been told how awesome Hydroplex is for flower, so I might grab a quart of that in the next few weeks.

Keepin my fingers crossed for the rest of them!
Thanks, man. I just figured the runt was looking burnt as hell and wasting space that my stronger plants could be using, so tossing it was a matter of logic. The other plants are still ready for action...

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Great genetics...I think u made a good choice of beans! :D Be watching this for sure!

thatguy

I'll be interested to see your take on the switch from GH to botanicare. I'm using GH myself, and once I'm comfortable enough with my skillz, I'm plannin on tryin some other nutes too.

All the best,
TG

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Week 3 veg

Week 3 veg

Here's how things are looking at the beginning of week 3 veg...
picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, things are coming along nicely. I flushed each plant with a solid gallon or so of water to leech some of the ferts out of the soil. After a day's wait, they blew the hell up. Some of the lower leaves show tell-tale signs of burning, but nothing too threatening.

For flowering, I'll transplant into unfertilized soil and add liquid nutes as needed. I am mildly annoyed at having paid above average prices for a soil that's too hot to use as-is. I'll chalk it up experience and never make this mistake again...

Speaking of flowering, I'm going to flip my plants to 12/12 within the next two weeks. I'll probably top or FIM a few days before flower to help keep height in check and make for a few extra top buds.

That's all for now...

Wait, I just noticed: in my photo the temperature looks like it is around 100° F. I guess that's a just a trick of light, because it's still a breezy 72° F with 40% RH inside the tent. Just thought I'd clear that up...

Peace.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
So, my pots are drying out and I'm thinking I'll give them a watering with some Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. Once they dry out after this watering I think I'm going to flip them...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Week 3.5 veg...

Week 3.5 veg...

A quick update at a little more than halfway through week 3 veg...

picture.php

I gave the plants a good watering with Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. Since I'm starting to run a little short on space, I'm going to flip them to 12/12 as soon as the soil dries out.

Full update in a few days...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Panop - it's been a while mate. Good to see you back and growing again on here. I've been taking a break too, but thought i'd dust off the keyboard and get back on the 'mag. So you're not doing your super-lsting this run? I'm interested to see how it goes. Catch you around.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Week 4 veg

Week 4 veg

Here were are at week 4 veg:
picture.php

The pots have dried out so that means it's time for flowering...
I'll flip 'em as soon as today's light cycle ends.

I'm giving them a watering with some Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. As soon as they're done leaking, I'll do a strain roundup...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Hey Panop - it's been a while mate. Good to see you back and growing again on here. I've been taking a break too, but thought i'd dust off the keyboard and get back on the 'mag. So you're not doing your super-lsting this run? I'm interested to see how it goes. Catch you around.

Sammet! Dude! It's been forever...

It's nice to have everything all tucked away for a bit. Makes breathing just a little easier, uncomplicates life some. But let's face it, you can't stay away for too long. I couldn't, at least.

I took a cue from you and a few other grower friends and moved up from the mini-cab to a good ol' tent. It's great. Since I've got all this space, I thought I'd mix things up a bit and grow without all of the fiddly-bits, let the plant do it's thing...

Thanks for dropping by.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sammet! Dude! It's been forever...

It's nice to have everything all tucked away for a bit. Makes breathing just a little easier, uncomplicates life some. But let's face it, you can't stay away for too long. I couldn't, at least.

I took a cue from you and a few other grower friends and moved up from the mini-cab to a good ol' tent. It's great. Since I've got all this space, I thought I'd mix things up a bit and grow without all of the fiddly-bits, let the plant do it's thing...

Thanks for dropping by.

Ah the tents are good. Very convenient. Your plants looks fantastic, the growth really shows in the updates, they're going like the clappers. Nice selection of strains too. I think I suffered from a bit of burnout over the past year, but it feels good to be back. :wave:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Those plants look good to me. Let's hope for some females:joint:

Thanks, man. I didn't have a chance to do my strain roundup last night, so I'll do it today. You can get a better look at the plants once they're all separated.

Truthfully, they could be doing better, but it's just the lingering effects of the catastrophe that is FFOF. Once they start to show sex, I'll transplant into larger containers with some fresh UNFERTILIZED soil.

I can fit twelve 3 gallon square containers inside the Homebox, but that's wall-to-wall in both directions and likely to get cramped. I doubt I'll get 12 ladies anyways, but one can dream, right?

Getting a male or two is actually a good thing, because I want to try some basic breeding. I'm looking for a strong Ice and Satori male because I'd like to inbreed both strains and then cross both. (Ice X Satori sounds amazing...)

Either way, I'll have some more pics up later tonight...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
First day of flower...

First day of flower...

Here it is, as promised, the strain roundup:

picture.php

I switched over to my HPS bulb earlier today. The plants really perked up after their watering yesterday...

Hashplant: Group 1
picture.php

The Hashplants handled the hot-ass soil like champs with minimal burning.

Hashplant: Group 2
picture.php

See above...

Ice:
picture.php

The Ice are looking alright. Some of their lowest leaves are a little busted up, but by and large, the plant looks healthy.

Kalichakra:
picture.php

The Kalichakra seem to be okay, but the Mandala strains did not handle the FFOF soil so gracefully. I've been told by friends that they don't require full doses of nutes on a regular basis, so the Fox Farm is no good for these little guys.

Satori Group 1:
picture.php

Ugh. These plants would be beautiful if they weren't burnt the fuck up.

Satori Group 2:
picture.php

See above.

The Satori got the raw end of the deal when FFOF wrecked my plants...
picture.php

It's still burning my plants, I can't wait to transplant. I hope this doesn't affect my yield too much.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard the same thing about the Mandala strains - very light feeders. I've got some Kali but have yet to get a run in - wasted half my seeds on a run I couldn't complete - maybe sometime in the near future eh? So you're transplanting after flipping to flowering? I'll be interested to see how they go - I always try to transplant before the switch.

Anyway, girls look great mate, mild burning aside, you grow some nice looking plants.

mate you say cal-mag,what is this ?is it epsom salt ?
please give me a link for that product:

So, my pots are drying out and I'm thinking I'll give them a watering with some Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. Once they dry out after this watering I think I'm going to flip them...
I gave the plants a good watering with Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. Since I'm starting to run a little short on space, I'm going to flip them to 12/12 as soon as the soil dries out.
i have a homebox XL,too.
how many times do you transplant ?i read that transplanting that is more than 1 time would be stressed plants..therefore i will start in Solo cups and after 15 days, i will transplant them into 15litre pots.i will only transplant only 1 times,is it true ?;

and how many litre ( or gallon for yours ) pot do you use after solo cups ?

Sorry but i am newbie,thanks mate.and good luck with your girls

Latest posts

Latest posts