What's new

Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)

What's up everyone.

After a lengthy sabbatical from growing, I'm back and I've got some new gear and genetics to play with. I've yet to break out the new gear, as I only plan on using it for late vegging and flowering. We'll talk about it soon...

Late last week I germinated 20 seeds using the paper towel method; 5 Mandala Satori, 5 Mandala Kalichakra, 5 Nirvana Ice, and 5 CH9 Hashplant (fem).

19 of the 20 seeds popped a root; one Kalichakra refused to open.

I planted the sprouted seeds in some Solo cups (with holes in the bottom of course) and stuck them under 4x 34w Cool White T12 bulbs. This is a little on the weak side wattage-wise, but I've seen wonderful results from similar setups, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Shortly after planting the seeds, two Nirvana Ice seedlings stalled out. A real downer, considering the bud I got them from produced the most lemony-tasting, stupor-inducing smoke I've had in some time. I've got three left and they seem to be doing well. Hopefully I'll get a female and a male so I can make more seeds...

Today I gave them some water and moved them around.

Now that I think about it, I need to explain my thread title...

My last grows were all done in a DIY micro cabinet that forced me to aggressively LST all of my plants. Now that I have more room, I'd like to take a more minimal approach to managing my plants.

I'm thinking I might just tie just the main stalk of the plants down or top/FIM it and let the thing go from there. Either way, I'm looking forward to not having to tie down/arrange all of those limbs everyday.

So, that's it for today. I'll catch up with you guys again soon...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That's a nice mix of genetics you've got there. I think you will enjoy not having to tie things down every day. I'll be checking back soon.

-Funk

Echoes

Definitely going to watch this one. I have a pack of Satori and Kalichakra on the way so I'm excited about it. I also have a few CH9 Hashplants that I won from the contest left over but I grew some of them out last year and they weren't half bad. Good luck on your grow!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
hows the grow going man...i know its early in the grow but i'm excited about the ice...i also have some of those seeds

The Ice is a winner...

Nirvana strains are notorious for having widely varied phenotypes and this one is no different, but most of which are pretty good. There is one pheno that a friend of mine ran across that was absolutely stellar; tight buds, lots of crystals, short stature, and super lemon flavor. These Ice seeds are from a seedy bud of that particular phenotype, so I'm hoping they'll produce a similar smoke.

Let me know when you pop 'em so I can follow along and see what you end up with...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Week 1 veg

Week 1 veg

Okay, here we are at week 1 veg. Without further ado, the pics:

The Group
picture.php

I've got 5 Satoris, 4 Kalichakras, 3 Ice and 5 Hashplants left. I took this photo prior to watering the plants with a dose of Cal-Mag. I did this due to some browning that I noticed on a leaf or two. I've had similar issues in the past which Cal-Mag cleared right up, so hopefully this will follow suit. The cups are drying out in less than two days now, so I'm going to transplant them into 1 gallon containers soon.

Satori
picture.php

The Satoris are holding strong. I've noticed some weird, twisty-leafness that I am a little concerned about, but it doesn't seem to be anything serious, yet.
picture.php

I've also noticed a little browning on the leaf, hopefully the Cal-Mag will clear that up...

Kalichakra
picture.php

The Kalichakra seem to be doing well. It's a shame that last seed never opened, but I still have four more to work with.

Ice
picture.php

The Ice took the hardest hit when transitioning from germination to growth. I had two stall out on me, but the rest seem to be thriving.

Hashplant
picture.php

The Hashplants look healthy, too.

Not much more to say, I suppose...

Thanks for tuning in, I'll see you guys again soon.

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
What kind of soil mixture are you using for your seedlings?
Sta-Green Tree and Shrub is the name on the bag, I think.

I just added a little perlite to the mix, not much, as I'm going to transplant out of the cups soon. It'd go to better use in the next soil mixture anyways (what I'm going to transplant into), as they'll be in that soil for longer.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Those plants are looking good

Thanks, man.

The twisting has started to straighten out some after the Cal-Mag application. I looked up some info in the sick plants forum and a number of posts pointed to a magnesium deficiency. So, that's that apparently.

I've got some 1 gallon pots and some Fox Farm Ocean Forest to transplant into. I'll probably move the seedlings out of their cups within the next few days. I'm already starting to see some roots poking out the bottom, so I know they're ready for some more room.

The FFOF is a bit of a splurge on my part, as I normally stick to the Sta-Green soil and add my own nutrients. I've read so many positive reviews on this site about the FFOF, I figured that I'd give it a shot. I don't plan on adding much to it, just some perlite. I'll water with some Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma, but I shouldn't need liquid ferts until halfway through flowering. I'm thinking I'll transplant once more after veg, which will buy me another month of no liquid ferts, leading right up to the second full month of flower.

Man. I could talk about this shit all day. It's nice to be growing again...

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Congrats on getting back to it. Your gonna love the FF. i used it for a while... it wasnt until towards the end i realized how beneficial adding 20-30% perlite. More air, more watering, more nutes, more growth.

Enjoy. I'll be watchin (i have the mandala kali, yet to pop)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good yo,that kali is pretty good i have some goin now,i kept the shorter pheno,had a better taste and high imo,
the taller ones had airier budz and were more along the lines of 85-90 day finishers.one was pretty creeper.
good luck with some females brotha.peace-T-

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Ice is a winner...

Nirvana strains are notorious for having widely varied phenotypes and this one is no different, but most of which are pretty good. There is one pheno that a friend of mine ran across that was absolutely stellar; tight buds, lots of crystals, short stature, and super lemon flavor. These Ice seeds are from a seedy bud of that particular phenotype, so I'm hoping they'll produce a similar smoke.
Hi panopticist bro!!! :wave:
Yes, yes ICE of Nirvana is good genetic.
I have a one phen, and famous structure, income and taste are fantastic.
I now have a flower on the ICE.
I look forward to it !!!

Good look in future.

My first grow ICE under 400 W soil/coco
40241IMG_2259-med.JPG

40241Img_2291-med.jpg

I hope that the photos don´t mind, and so, delete.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Week 2 veg

Week 2 veg

Here we are at week 2 veg:
picture.php

picture.php

The plants are doing well. I transplanted into FFOF soil, watered with Cal-Mag, and moved them into the tent earlier today. They're currently under 400 delicious watts of Metal Halide-y goodness and loving it. BTW, this is the new gear I was talking about in my first post.

The temps are holding steady at 72° F and the humidity is around 55%. The reflector is roughly 13" above the plant tops, which is enough to really blast 'em with light, but far enough away to prevent burning. To keep the stems strong, I have a 4" axial fan running 24/7. You can't see it in the pic, but it's resting on top of the bucket in the lower left corner of the photo.

So, that's that. See you guys around...

~CH9~

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi Panopticist,i wish you a nice grow....thanks again for your logo...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
FunkBomb said:
Nice looking plants you've got there. How long until you switch into flowering?
Thanks, man. Probably another week or two. I'll see how they look at week 3 and make a decision then...

~CH9~ said:
hi Panopticist,i wish you a nice grow....thanks again for your logo...
Hey buddy. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I could help out with the logo, I just wish I could put it in my portfolio! Something tells me that future employers might not be down with the homegrown... Let me know if you ever want me to design you a seed packet or t-shirt or something to market online alongside your seeds...

Thanks again for the seeds. I can't wait to see how these Hashplants turn out. I might make my next run a CH9 showpiece and plant the other strains you awarded me all at once.

Peace.

thatguy

Hey there P :wave: Saw you post up in the FUCKEM thread and I thought I'd stop by!

Nice lookin setup, an strain list! Like my boy Tonatiuh said, that Kalichakra is some sweet buddage, dude! You're gonna like it, guaranteed!

Nice 6" pots, I got the same ones! I'm gonna definitely be watchin this one, I got some FFOF I wanna use soon. I've only grown in coco so far, and I'm gonna give a shot to soil to broaden my base of experience.

All the best,
TG

Latest posts

Latest posts