What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pangi and friends

Koondense

Veteran
What a difference in ten days!

picture.php

I think I'll need another net ;)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, these plants are very stretchy. After adding a second net and leaving them for some days(vacation), I returned to find the plants touching the lights, so that required some more adjustments.

Here is a comparison to the last picture:

2nd august with second net
picture.php

5 days later
picture.php

I hope they will soon finish the stretch or I'll be forced to cut some tops, defoliation/pruning is next thing on schedule.

Cheers

jonhova

...the weeks fly by...

Last weekend Pangi #2 was harvested, she finished drying yesterday and is now curing in the jar.
An example of a glittery bud from this more Bangi hae dominant pheno.

View Image

As described before, her smell is more lemony and sharper compared to the softer hashy pheno #1. Lemon, catpiss and hash are main smell nuances.
By the preliminary smokes she also packs more power, is harder on the brain and a truly strong heady smoke with a bit more lung expansion than #2, but that's notmal for an uncured just dried sativa.

I'll let her sit in the jar in the future months and do a proper smoke report of this pheno in few months. The smoke report from pheno #1 will be written someday this next week.

Yield is 115g in a 11l pot under around 70W leds, so around 1,6g/W. Pretty happy with her to be honest, despite I consider this pheno to be lower yielding compared to pheno #1.

Gotta go smoke her a bit, to know her better. She's a very interesting lady ;)

Cheers

A smoke report on your pangi would be cool.

Koondense

Veteran
You're right :)

..::: PANGI - Smoke Report :::..

I grew two plants from seed and had two phenos with some differences in bud structure, smell and high. One was Panama dominant, the other Bangi Haze dominant, so it seems.

Pheno #1 - Panama dominant
More foxtail clustery structure, very resinous and high yielding.

picture.php

Pheno #2 - Bangi Haze dominant
More clustery structure, very resinous, medium high yielding.

picture.php

The smells are both very lemony, pheno#1 is oriented to more hash smelling character. Pheno#2 has a very pungent lemony smell, the sharpness is comparable to a bathroom cleaner with limonene aroma. Some find it smelling sour, I think more than sour, more like lemon acid.

I usually vape and smoke Pangi, when smoking I roll 50:50 with light cigarette tobacco and use a charcoal filter.

The smoke is nicely thick, not expansive in the lungs but still noticable. Pheno#1 especially feels like having some kind of warm taste, reminding me of maroccan hash and caramello I tasted more than a decade ago. While carrying the hashy feel, pheno#2 is a bit sharper and less warm. Tastes are mainly lemony and spicy fresh, pheno#1 feels hashy on the exhale.

The effect...
I feel a wide range of effects with Pangi.
Onset is not so quick, needs 10-20 minutes to reach proper levels, then it gives you many options of how your high will evolve.
It's mostly a clear high yet it can have a dark side and make you tired, if you smoke too much you can pass out. Especially with alcohol before.
This herb is very stimulating for the brain, can have positive effects for creative people, bring new ideas and feelings.
I have experienced strong closed-eye-visuals especially when smoking in the evening or before sleep.
Not long ago I was camping in a beautiful place near a river in the mountains and had a tiny smoke an hour before bed, it made me hallucinate for two ours straight and couldn't sleep until I had the energy to visualize. Then I fell into calm sleep and woke up very alert and ready for hiking. It felt like getting cleaned and reset.
I remember more than a few people saying that pheno#1 made them dream a lot and it did it to me also. Not strong in closed-eye-visuals when awake but quite more vivid while sleeping.
The small downside for me was it made me a bit physically tired the other day if smoked in excess. I think it's the character of Panama, the a bit more "dense" effect but far from being a body high, it's 90%+ in the head.

Duration of high is 2-4 hours, zero comedown, very low tolerance buildup.
So I would say it's definitely a daytime smoke, perfect for outdoor and indoor activities with low risk. Definitely not* for driving!

*although when being in a car while high on Pangi, I can feel the road, the tires and all the grip much more, the focus is easily pointed in the car behaviour. But of course it's far more interesting to watch out the window and think of the geologic processes that shaped the landscape around you :D

A few more interesting facts about Pangi:

ALL girls love it. They are happy about the stimulating effect, it's not party weed but it's best for debating and hard thinking.
Most guys love it. They sometimes want a more body high, most smokers I know smoke indica hybrids and like to feel numbed after smoking. Well some guys won't like it exactly for this.

In few words, Pangi is a winner.
Fairly easy to grow, quick, high yielding sativa with very creative and stimulating effect, great lemony taste and smell, strong enough to make you pass out.
Great potential for concentrates.

Makes summer feel great, makes the winter feel like summer.

Special thanks to Dubi for the test seeds ;)

Cheers

jonhova

Thanks so much for your thorough descriptions on the phenos and your experiences with pangi. I love your smoke report as much as your growing notes kind sir.:tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you amigos :tiphat:
I'll make sure to write the smoke reports sooner, next time :)

Maybe a follow up vape report of pheno#1, the bud on the picture is all I have left of her! In the jar since winter.
Forgot to clone her so I only have the pheno#2 which is also a keeper (but more stretchy and a bit harder to predict).
And one seed is left, the one with more stripes. These two were without stripes, uniform brown-grey colour.

Have a great weekend
:party:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely, accurate and detailed smoke report Koondense! :)

We at ACE are the ones who must thank you for testing so well our latest works :comfort:

We are also very satisfied with the outcome of this new Panama x Bangi Haze limited edition, so we are starting a new and bigger reproduction of the hybrid (using exactly the same parental plants in the same order) to hopefully include Pangi in our permanent catalog next year.

I concur with you about its effects, it's a very complex, profound and long lasting sativa effect, it's really hard to explain how deep the effect goes: your mind, heart and soul (if i may introduce this term) must be in their 'right' place to be able to enjoy the experience that this sativa hybrid provides. It really goes very deep, both into the conscious and unconscious.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you Koondense friend ;)

Maybe is a good moment to increase the feeding of your Pangis at this stage of flowering.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Nice smoke report Koodense, I enjoy seeing your grows. What do you have planned for a winter grow? Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Dubi,
They already show signs of hunger for a week, I usually tend to underfeed so this time I'll try to give them enough of everything.
So far so good ;)

Hey farmerlion,
thanks for the kudos, I should congratulate you for your amazing work with growing such nice big plants :)
I think a lot about the early future and have lots of options to choose from, yet I want more and more varieties, for eventual crosses, but grow space is very restricted.
So far my intent was to try two unrelated F1 hybrid varieties, very likely the NepJ x OE and Purple PCK x Panama.
Or maybe some other like Panama x Malawi, or maybe all three... :)
I also keep clones from Pangi and Zam x KC so maybe they will have some space too...it's far too small in here for all I would like to grow.
:plant grow:

Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Koondense, It's not how many you grow. It's how well YOU grow them, my friend. I have learned a lot over the years from you. Thank you Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks farmerlion for the warmth ;)

Here's an update on my lovely Pangi which I call "Lady Pangi" now :D

Fattening up much quicker than I first anticipated, she's killing me with her lemon hash aroma and testing my patience. She's safe because I still have some nice fat buds curing in the jar which are smoked almost daily in small doses.

Lady Pangi in all her shiny resin
picture.php

The two towers
picture.php

Thanks for the attention, these ladies sure deserve all of it ;)

Cheers

orfeas

Veteran
bloody awful, mate! I get this weird sensation...as though them trichs have shot out of the buds and onto the reflective panel...you're a trickster... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Koondense

Veteran
Watch closely my friend, the more you watch the more trichs pop out :D

The ladies are doing great, got their last feed a couple days back, now it's time for water only.
Can't post pics sadly, probably after the harvset :(

Cheers

rlsmooth

Been reading alot of topics related to certain Ace genetics that I'd be interested to grow out in the near future. Have to say Koondense this has been an awesome thread. Awesome grow skills u got, and I like that organic style, just letting the girls do their thing. That's what I'm trying to do as well:). Anyway, Pangi certainly seems like a very interesting strain. On your first post you say your tent is 120x60, you put it sideways so is the height 60cm too? (I have vaped myself retarted lately.) Nice to see these kinds of sativas handled in small spaces, which gives me the courage to try them out.

I don't know if it's good forum etiquette to talk about other vendors here in Ace section, but what strains have you grown from S@nnie's? I've done Kolossus, Madberry and Esko's Chocolate rain..first one big yield but other qualities like taste and smell were not to my liking. Later 2 very nice taste but very average yield and sensitive plants. Effect of Madberry is sweet tho..^^

Koondense

Veteran
Hey rlsmooth,
I try to make my threads as informative as I can, my experience and skills I still find are pretty limited so I choose to keep it simple, as "natural" as it can be.
In my last grow I experimented a little with combining organic and mineral nutrients and found it's the way to go in my future grows. The plants react quicker with not organic nutes, especially helpful to fix the early flower yellowing which happened often with my plants.
My tent's area is 120x60, the height is 170cm :D

Anyway, I can highly suggest Pangi but I must warn you she can be quite stretchy and tall if not managed carefully. Also a downside is the branches can't support the heavy colas, so as a grower you must think ahead and find solutions for it. My last run was kind of scrog(double net) and it worked quite well, but still you must anticipate the stretch.

Regarding S@nnie, yes I tried Kolossus and had some trouble with feeding her. One of the cases with early yellowing but displayed it differently to mostly sativas that I usually prefer to grow. So it was not a rapresentative plant but she yielded well and the smoke was pretty ok, but not my kind of effect. Next of S@nnie will be the Jack, I always wanted to try growing some Jack and his seems to be the best choice, IMO.

Regarding ACE varieties, I still keep my Pangi#2 clone and have a seed left. Next in line are Panama x PCK, Panama x Malawi and OE x NJ.

@rolandomota
Yes I heard there were some issues with S@nnie(I also got burnt once) but I sticked with "faith" and got a very nice pack of seeds with solid genetics. I still have faith so will try growing some more of his gear. Though there are so many seeds I want to try and his Jack is in the top 5.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts