What's new

Pandora's Box

L

Lava Surfer

Sorry people I have been away a few weeks, I know you all have been waiting and it have felt long, but I had 2 weeks away from my internet connection.

I'll get on uloading some pictures and make a update

blackone

Veteran
Good to hear that you're safe:)
A lot must have happened to those green girls in the meantime... they were definitely looking very promising.

L

Lava Surfer

lot's have happend, have been a little busy as always.

The Nephthys and BG clones I took from the flowering seedlings, they have rooted and been potted in coco with aprox 10-15% perlite maybe a little more dunno. I just mix till I think it looks good :bashhead:

The Nephthys in 12/12 from seed

The Bubblegum 12/12 from seed, they are growing wild and some are only just starting to flower. It's crazy and Im afraid im not gonna let them finish, this have been a funny test but the room need to be used for something else. So when the majority is ready it will all go down and the unfinished buds will be turned into hash!

Alegria Clones next to the seedlings, getting side light!

L

Lava Surfer

Next generation is ready, got done cloneing this bunch of clones yesterday.
54092SSH_-_A7_Clones_29_sep-med.JPG

There is 666 clones, so it must be the devils weed!

37 row's of 18 clones

blackone

Veteran
That's a bunch:) How long can they go with only 72W of light?
Such a shame to cut early but I guess if you're on a schedule then you gotta do what you gotta do. Would also be a waste to wait for a small part of the table to get done if you've got the clones ready for next run. I don't have the same problem as I run perpetual in dirt and can easily grow 50 and 70+ day finishers side by side but then of course I have other problems;p

Last edited:
L

Lava Surfer

They will be under the 72 W of fluro for 2 weeks atleast, I might hang another 72 W up. But they are also getting alot of side light from the MH's over the other row of tables, I got 1.2 K watt MH and 1 K Watt HPS lights running.

Im planing they are gonna be left on the table there 3 weeks + and then I wil move them into R1 that should be ready to harvest in 3 weeks. Time will tell what happens!

L

Lava Surfer

Okay fellas

A new day have started, the next door farmer is harvesting his fields. Giveing me a wonderfull start of the day. Getting waken up by a Corn harvester the size of my house, tracktors and shit driveing around my house at 7 am :badday:

Screw it, it's just a few days ad they will be done!

Back to my garden

Here is a few canopy shots from this morning

The Nephthys are starting to fill out nicely, fatting up as the buds are getting tighter and putting on weight. The canopy is a bit uneven but nothing real bad or anyting, they don't shade for each other like the BG tend to do.

54092Nephthys_1_okt-med.jpg

The Bubblegum on the other hand is trying to out grow my room, it's not easy done as I got 5 - 6 ft grow space. Some of them are forming a nice top cola, others are barely flowering as I mentioned yesterday.

54092BG_1_okt-med.jpg

The selected clones from both the Nephthys and Bubblegum was potted in coco a few days ago and yesterday I got a light mounted over them, I blew a 400 W MH ballast so I changed it to a 600 W HPS.

I brought some cased MH ballasts, plug n play like I'v seen alot of americans use. Then the fuse blew and the dude at the hydro store did'nt sell replacement fuses, so I bypassed the fuse and lit up the Ballast - Only to see the magic blue smoke leave the ballast.

And we all know when the magic blue smoke have left your electronic device, it's not gonna be working again sometime soon!

Anyway the clones have kicked in growth after getting some more intencive light, a good media and some nutrients of course. So I topped most of them, removeing the main flower and forceing it to regrow from the less developed grow points below. I have never reveged much, im not a big fan of it as it can mess up the plants if they have unstabil or hermie genes. It can be a huge stress factor for the plant, but we are hopeing for the best!

yesterday I found a Nephthys male with thrichomes on/around the hook and pollen pod, so thats pretty awsome I just don't hope it's a hermie. I already found one male that have started to set female flowers now that I reveg them, never had males hermie on me befor only read about it. Hermies are useless in my breeding program, they get composted or burnt with the other trash.

54092neph_n_BG_potential_keepers-med.jpg

How do you guys get rid of your trash, old Rock wool, Perlite and other materials that can't burn? Mainly asking the larger growers, who have alot of stuff to trash, as if I just bin it my dumpster would be full in no time and it would look odd to the garbage man.

I have been thinking about building a big oven or something, heated with propane flames and simply "boost" it with oxygen and that way burn all organic remains out of the media and send it to recycleing.

Im also looking into swapping my soilless media from perlite to coco, atleast for my mother plants as I can easy dump and spred out ALOT of coco on my property without it looks odd. It can also be recycled and composted, but I need to find a better price as perlite is ALOT cheaper.

blackone

Veteran
Yeah coco is quite expensive - best price I've found so far is around 9 euro for 50L of BioBizz coco- around 50% more expensive than perlite. Some bricks might be cheaper, depending on how much they actually expand. Unfortunately shipping costs are crazy :(

A lot of growers are actually recycling their coco - shouldn't cause the same PH problems peat-based soil/soilless does.

I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow crush/compress the perlite? should be a lot easier to handle then.

Last edited:
L

Lava Surfer

Hi Blackone I think crushing the perlite is gonna be a problem, as perlite is it's dusty enough and the dust is harmfull to your loungs and you should use a mask when working with dry perlite. It would also still contain roots, so the best idea I have been able to come up with is burning the roots by heating it up in a big Propan oven or something.

Recycling coco is deffently possible, but if it's composted or start to decompose, the media is no longer neutral as coco is broken down into humus like peat mos and plant matter.

I got a little Root p0rn for you guy's, I took em as I was draining my reservior changeing nutrients. It's down inside the reservior.

L

Lava Surfer

Room 2 had a compleat change of nutrients today, drained the res and made a new nutrient mix.

Here is a picture update on how they are doing

SSH female 2

SSH Female 1

Alegria female 7

Alegria Female 5

Alegria moms in flower, a bit much nutrients maybe :asskick:

Mr.Bill

Haven't had a chance to stop in since I got my new handle. But things are looking quite well Lava. I look forward to your continuing success.

L

Lava Surfer

Good morning Mr.Bill, Quazi and all the rest of the readers out there!

Had a nice and long (day) of sleep, got up around noon and been wakeing up for 40 minutes now. Breakfast and all thats coverd and I belive, it's time to roll up a fatty!

I don't have any fresh pics yet, have'nt been in the garden yet. Anyway if anyone have any questions, comments or constructive critisism feal free to shoot. It's warmly welcome and I'll be happy to awnser any technical questions, if there is anyone out there.

I posted my IHC controll in another thread the other day, under equiptment and room design. Nano PLC in a growroom

I'll just post the pic's and if people are interrested, they can ask or go read ImNotCrazy's thread. It's a nice geeky read, for the guy's n gals interrested in tech rooms.

Quazi

Damn dude, love the setup you've got there. That lady looks very happy.

That Nano PLC thread is so awesome.

Thanks for the great pics and info.

-Q :rasta:

L

Lava Surfer

Good morning Quazi and the rest of you, hope you all had a nice night of what ever ya did last night :)

Thanx for the nice words quazi, much apriciated and yeah she looks all right for 6 weeks of flower, but I belive I did over fert her and the others a bit and she's the best looking of them. The others are way more yellow, but then again they have not seen Nitrogen for 5 weeks or close to that, so a lill yellowing is only normal.

The Nano PLC thread is really nice indeed, main reason I posted it as I really think it's worth a reading. No matter if you have the money/place to setup something like that or not, it's nice to know it's there and maybe one day you find it cheaper or something. You guy's know what i mean right!

Later all!

C

cellardweller

Wow man, did you steal that gear from N.A.S.A.?
too cool for school bro!
~cd

L

Lava Surfer

cellardweller said:
Wow man, did you steal that gear from N.A.S.A.?
too cool for school bro!
~cd

I did not directly steal the gear from N.A.S.A but I do follow there standarts for aeroponic growing, the biggest difference is my system is not a hermetic sealed setup. But then again im not planing on growing in zero gravety anytime soon :muahaha:

For thouse who don't know it and might care aeroponic was developed sometime in the 70's in the European greenhouse industri, many years later N.A.S.A fine tunes this tech for growing in zero gravety. Simply cos u can't water a pot of soil, with the water "foalting" around. So a closed pressure system is ideal. The wonderfull geeks from N.A.S.A then tested lot's of stuff like, what was the best particle size to water the roots with. Sometime in the 90's it was pupliced, I found the first articles on Cannabis growing in aeroponic in 98. Build my first setup in 2000 or somewhere around there, been hooked since but also been away from it. It's noisy and not something I would sugest ppl with neighbors, in apartment buildings.

54092Garden_2_01-med.JPG

Quazi

Lava Surfer said:
But then again im not planing on growing in zero gravety anytime soon
Yea but if N.A.S.A. needs some herb on Mars or the Moon, it's obvious from the pictures who they they're gonna call :wink:

-Q :rasta:

L

Lava Surfer

HEHEHE that would be awsome growing space weed with N.A.S.A

Good morning everyone, have a nice weekend. Theis weekend is in the name of my daughter, so I won't be updateing it alot of pictures and so.

Have a nice day

Latest posts

Latest posts