What's new

***PanchoBuddah's Micro Adventure***

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Looking great Pancho!!!!glad you have things under control now...
let the growing begin!!!
take care

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
hmm I think if you didn't transplant early in flower then not much more roots will develop. Couldn't hurt though if you have the room and don't stress them..

touchofgrey

I don't have much experience topping indoors, but does anyone suggest I do, or should i just let them go straight up?

Hey PB, looking good in there. That's a nice setup you've built.

IMO, for a micro grow you should definately plan on topping to keep height under control and increase yield. You can let them go as a single stem but you will be into bending and LST very soon. Topping will slow growth for a day or so but it will also force growth from the lower nodes so soon you have 2 main stems and side branches that are nearly as big. With training you can fill out your horizontal space before your vertical space.

This plant was topped at the 3rd node and the 2 main stems were then trained into a horizontal figure 8.

Good luck.

Penguin59

Hey PanchBuddah! Maybe you answered this question already but how hot does your 70w HPS bulb make your cab? Cos i was thinking bout chucking one in my cab (currently just using CFLs) and wanted to know if temperature would be an issue.

Penguin

w

w

Penguin59- Like momz always told me, work before play!!! lol. Glad you hopped on board my friend! :wave: And about the heat, to be honest much less then I expected. I haven't seen the temps climb higher than 80*F. That's because the air-cooled reflector I made. 2 fans at 9V push the heat thru 2 circular exhausts where the actual speakers were, which now act as the carbon filter, 1" worth. The ballast sits outside, on top of the speaker, so that helps with keeping heat down too. And if you must know, the CPU case where the ballast is has a smaller fan that turns on/off according to the lights. (They're on the same timer) Just to play it safe. So, if you plan it out, it CAN be done!! Let me know how it goes.
BC- Thanks for your support:tiphat:. The growing will definetly begin now!! Your grow is inspiration to my grow!! :)
SD- Will do. I got these containers that will fit, only problem is that only will get to be transplanted. Just waiting for the lights to come on.. I'll have pics once all that's done. :wave:
touchofgrey- Thanks for the tips and advice. At this point I'm not sure if topping will help out. I just discover this morning that all 8 are females!! :jump:. They showed they're first couple pistils on top. Will topping stress them or will it do what you said it would do? "Topping will slow growth for a day or so but it will also force growth from the lower nodes so soon you have 2 main stems and side branches that are nearly as big"... anyone? anyone? So I may do it tonight...
So like I mention above... I got 8 females out of 11, not bad at all!! Ill transplant em tonight into a lil bigger containers. Ill have pics when I'm all done. Stay tune fellas! :dance013:

Here they are in their new 1.3L square containers. I got 6 of them at dollar store. Since I had 8 females, I chose what I thought were the 6 best looking ones. The remaining 2 got the boot! :asskick:
Group shot

2 best looking IMO

I'm glad this was a test run. I'll have better seeds for the next one. Same containers, longer veg, little more light, in coco.
Good growing fellas! :dance013:

oldone

Hi Pancho,

Nice looking ladies. I may have missed it but what is the distance between the top of your soil to the lights?

Best of luck,
OO

I

infinitylimit

Nice speaker setup. I was wondering why did you choose to go 12/12 from seed, instead of a short veg -> flower? Your grow space looks like it could support it.

I will continue to watch and best of luck.

Penguin59

That's awesome to hear about the heat not being an issue. Must be good to have that kind of spectrum in your grow :) Plants r looking awesome too mate!

Penguin

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
you are well on your way now bro!!! glad to be part of your thread...
heat is under control, you have an awesome spectrum for your ladies now watch them explode!!!!!
happy growing

oldone- Hello my friend :wave:.. The distance is 9.5" now. It's working out for the babes. Thanks for stopping by..
infinitylimit- Thank you sir. I chose 12/12 from seed for several reasons. 1: This is a test run. 2: I planted a Tiki Mix and won't know which plants which. 3: I wanted to make sure my setup is good enough for good quality genetics (I have quite a collection). 4: 11 seeds would take up lot of space if i vegged them all, so I needed to find the females ASAP. and 5: Why not. :groupwave:
Penguin- Thanks mate! For the next grow I plan to install a couple 12" T5's to give more side-lighting. Glad you're part of my micro adventure. :tiphat:
cheapwine- I love cheap wine!! haha.. Thanks. But not really doing it for big or decent yield. I'm not a heavy smoker, but this is a test run in preparation of better things to come! :dance013:
BC Chronic- Your name should be BC Kush the way your ladies looking! I'm also glad you're part of this little, humble grow. The wifey is amazed everytime she takes a peek. She's used to seeing plants growing outside, under the SUN!!! :biggrin: Thanks for stopping by.. :wave:

Just another quick update.. babes are at around Day 18 flowering. A couple are a day ahead. Not that it matters.. Thanks to everyone and their interest.. :smoke out:

And this came in the mail 3 days ago...

only making the collection bigger :jump:

Good growing fellas!! :dance013:

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Interesting looking seeds there Pancho. And your girls are coming along nicely too, good work my friend.:tiphat:

Ghostwolf- Thank you my amigo, I'm what some IC members have described as being a "seed-a-holic"! Thanks for stopping by... :tiphat:
Been busy lately so these lil babes were neglected a lil bit. They had to use their N reserves, so some of the lower leaves turned yellow, obviously! Thus, I gave them a slight stronger feeding...

Good growing fellas! :dance013:

Wow, the infamous #1Cheesebuds on my thread! What an honor!! haha lol. Thank you sir, and here ya' go! Not big plants like yours, but enough for the Mrs and I... :tiphat:

oldone

And about the heat, to be honest much less then I expected. I haven't seen the temps climb higher than 80*F. That's because the air-cooled reflector I made. 2 fans at 9V push the heat thru 2 circular exhausts where the actual speakers were, which now act as the carbon filter, 1" worth. The ballast sits outside, on top of the speaker, so that helps with keeping heat down too. And if you must know, the CPU case where the ballast is has a smaller fan that turns on/off according to the lights. (They're on the same timer) Just to play it safe. So, if you plan it out, it CAN be done!!

I wanted to comment before but forgot :joint:.

Very slick design man, I love the James Bond shit. Well done!

Would you give us an overall pic of the system? What does it look like running in the dark?
OO

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey PanchoBuddah!! Love that name!!! :dance013:
your plants look fantastic bro!!!I can almost smell them:)
Its really not how much you grow but the time and love for the grow that matters...for me anyways...and what you are doing is just that!!whatever you get out of your grow ( and it will be monster budz!!!) will be the best tasting buds out there!!!
I really like your cab and the work that went into it so lets get crankin!!!
take care

Garuda

Veteran
Hi there PanchoBuddah,

nice cab :) If you want to keep this growing style i'd suggest using cut 1,5l PET bottles (which were made lightproof) as pots. I tried it this time and its working great, especially with short veg periods. You can fill the whole cab with these, throw males out and replace them with fresh ones, like a perpetual sog but from seeds. The pots you are using now are a bit inefficient when you go 12/12 from start :) plus you can run very large numbers of different strains that way ;)

Greetz,
Garuda.

Latest posts

Latest posts