What's new

***PanchoBuddah's Micro Adventure***

Saludos ICMaggers!:wave: Follow, critic, and help me as I begin my micro adventure. Not new to growing at all, nor am I an expert but I actually grow a few veggies for the wifey to cook up. I just recently lost a couple SSH babes I had on the patio to some assholes:fsu:. Lesson learned and well, they won't show up around here no more. Not a heavy smoker so large quantities are of little concern to me. So micro-stealth is the way to go for now. I just finished putting together a speaker I will use to flower something good. Pick up 2 of them at Goodwill for like $15. I found a PC I will use to start seeds, veg clones, and/or keep a mum. Used equipment I had laying around from previous grows from way back.

Speaker Inner Specs: 15"Lx10"Wx24.5"H. 70W HPS and 27W blue CFL as sidelighting, carbon filtered, DIY cooltube, remote ballast, light-proofed. Test run showed temps of 77*F-78*F.
PC Specs: 15"Lx7.5"Wx16"H. 1 single 27W blue CFL for now. Light-proofed, no carbon filter. Simple and basic. Temps stay around 80*F.
Credit goes to MicroRU (genius), Mr Micro, The Doc, Blynx, FreezerBoy, Pontiac's Link-O-Rama, Panconqueso, 70w HPS Club, and many others I'm surely forgetting right now:tiphat:. Let the up's and down's begin..... hoping for mostly ups :biggrin:.

Good growing fellas!:dance013:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Looks awesome PanchoBuddha!!!!!!!!!
front row seats too!!!
I'm in for sure bro...
Its nice to save a few bucks AND build some quality stuff like you have here...
great work...
take care

Nice to have you aboard BC!:jump: And its definetly nice to save a few bucks in whatever I can save, especially nowadays. Thanks for stopping by. Here's what I put in jiffy pellets yesterday for a test run in the spekaer cab. Got a good deal on them. I have better quality beans for the future. And some old pics of some stuff I grew in the past. Take care aswell :tiphat:...

archer66

:wave: will be wathcing with eyes wide open. Verry nice looking speaker , cant wait to see the PC. You said about a cooltube and i cant see it, or is ti just a aircooled reflector?

Ie Crunch- Welcome to the micro show bro:wave:. Thanks but give credit to the pioneers of this micro-growing world! They paved the road for us!
Archer66- Keep them eyes open:bigeye:! The fun is just about to start! And yes, sorry I said cooltube but I meant DIY air-cooled reflector. It cost no more then $5 to make. Just time and effort. Welcome, welcome :wave:.
StealthDragon- Thank you bro. I also love speaker grows, your speaker grows were and are of inspiration to me. Thanks for stopping by.:thank you:
Lowrydergrower- Thanks for the warm welcome. This place is effin awesome. Great people make this a great community. :headbange
and now... we have blast off!!:abduct:..... :jump:
This pic was taken yesterday, no time to post up.

This was taken today.

And some close up's...

Babies in their PC home for now. I'll transplant them into 16oz party cups tonight.

and another PC case I found. This one's tall. I'm already gutting it and stuff. I remember seeing someone had a similar case divided into 2 compartments. Can't remember excatly who but I will attempt to do the same and give this smaller case to a buddy of mine. We'll see how it goes.

Good growing fellas! :dance013:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
lookin good bro.

I think Scrubninja had a PC case divided in 2 back in the day, if that's the one you're thinking of.

I have like 5 junk PC's sitting around that I get from friends and family...I love building those things. Kinda sucks though cuz these people always want me to fix their computers...if they only knew. I think I've remodeled mine like 5 times, I should probably just build new ones each time and give away the old, to help spread the love ya know?

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Try looking for Mr.Micro's Nano Machine...its a great pc thread around here somewhere but he divided his pc into 2 compartments...
nice to see all the seeds coming to life...
take care

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Greetings PanchoBuddah and everybody else. I just your this thread and wanted to see whats up. Looks good PB and I see I came in early also. I'll be watching. AH-HO

Greetings my IC amigos!
Stealthdragon- Yeah that's the one! Thanks!...:thank you: haha! You should spread the love man! Computers by Stealthdragon... now with bud love!:biglaugh: Thanks for stopping by...:wave:
BC Chronic- I've seen Mr. Micro's Nanomachine and it's truly inspiring! To be able to grow a small personal crop in such a stealth way is just incredible. Just proves anyone can do it! Thanks for stopping by too.. :tiphat:
Ghostwolf- Greetings! Glad you popped in for my micro adventure. :smoke:
So just a micro update on my micro grow... Day 7 after breaking soil for the seedlings. I planted them into 16 oz solo cups on my last update and put them on 12/12 right away. They went into some nice organic soil I bought at my local hardware store. The bag was like $8, it contains some nice stuff. I put a layer of mulch on top to help keep moisture in and help the microbes do their thang! Watered them with distilled water. Hopefully it helps them grow nice and healthy.
Group shot

1 of the seedlings not stretching yet...

Soil guaranteed analysis...

But some issues are showing their ugly heads... it seems that some are starting to stretch a bit.

It may be due the spectrum of the HPS, or heat, or maybe their too far from the light source... anyone have an input. I have a cool CFL but it may not be enough. Should I try adding more? This is a test run and want to have it right my next run. WHAT should I do IC? :chin:If anyone can give their opinion or suggestion.. thanks in advance.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
I was close with the name of the thread!!
stretching may be due to the plant wanting to get close to the light too...how far are your lights??
it could also be the switch...my RockLock stretched like crazy...how many watts is the cfl?if its really small the plant will stretch to get close...try keeping them as close to the lights as possible...helped me!!
take care and good luck Pancho!!

Fattie

I've only done a few runs, but in my experience stretching is due almost completely to the distance they are from the lights. Ideally(assuming you want short and fat), you want them as close as they can be without burning.

BC & Fattie- Thank you fellas,:tiphat: it seems it was due to the distance from the bulb. They were 14" away from the rim of the cup to bottom of the pexiglass. Now they are 8" away and they seem to be doing good. :jump:
Not much going on, they are at day 13 @ 12/12 since they broke soil. I will start giving them nutes maybe like in 3-4 days. This organic soil should hold em until then. I don't have much experience topping indoors, but does anyone suggest I do, or should i just let them go straight up?

Good growing fellas.. :dance013:

Hope everyone's having a good Labor Day weekend. If you drink, don't drive. If you drive, don't drink :friends:. Just a quick update on my micro adventure. I've removed 3 males already, and got 3 females so far! :jump:. 5 haven't showed sex yet. I'll transplant into bigger containers once all the females come up. I will also give them they're first feeding today. Some Fox Farm Tiger and Big Bloom.

That's all folks!! Any suggestions and/or comments are welcome.

Thanks SD! You think they'll grow a bit more if I transplant into bigger containers?? When I was growing outside I would put clones in 3gal pots for their entire cycle. Now that I moved inside and went micro, I wouldn't know how much more they would grow. If they showed sex, I'm assuming the strecth should be over soon... ?? any input?

Penguin59

Man i've gotta hit up work now but i really wanna sit down and read ur thread after i come back cos it looks pretty awesome so far :)

Penguin