What's new

Panama

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
hey dubi,
how is the Amnesia Haze x Panama R+D Feminized? i had long time dream to make that same cross, but i'm too lazy to start that project, and now because you used the panama goddess, i might try your version of it. it must be wonderful. does this cross have that typical strong sweet smell and claw kind of narrow leaves? maybe something more? with fat panama buds? :) mostly i am looking after the high but also the scents.

Koondense

Veteran
That cross caught my eye too...
I imagine it would smell like a truck full of lemons :)
Sharp and bittersweet lemony goodness with a slight background of gas/diesel. Wonderful.
Sorry I'm just imagining things right now, starting the day with GoldenTiger :)
Happy weekend!

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your interest @wutwut only a few Amnesia x Panama fem packs left on the R+D section of our website in case you are interested: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/aceseedsrd/amnesiahazexpanamafem.html

Super vigorous and high to massive yielding sativa dom hybrid of great flower/leaf ratio, huge trichomes, great flower density and excellent bag appeal. It's a bit unstable from Amnesia polyhybrid side, but most phenos finish after 10-12 weeks of flowering. Excellent commercial potential.
@Koondense is correct. Being Amnesia a C5 Haze (which is citrus leaning) hybrid and Panama Goddess also a well known producer of loud lemony incensey terpenes, the cross between the 2 is usually citric lemony dominant, but much more complex as you can imagine, sweet bubblegum from the NL-Amnesia side, slightly skunky, musky and floral too, and loud incense from Haze and Panama.

burningfire

Veteran
I will admit that I was not giving this one much of a chance. It started flowering a little too late for 45N, I sort of dismissed it but decided to let it grow. We are lucky to have a mild October, even though we have had just two weeks with 10C to 15C days and near zero nights. I knew we would be getting unseasonably warm days starting today with a 18-20C range.

I have looked at it throughout the month but never really had any hope after inspecting it, I figured it was already too late and I might be able to smoke some stems but not much more. I was surprised today to see that while it doesn't look like an impressive yield the resin coverage and growth was more than I expected.

Aroma wise it started out with a faint sweet and lemony smell, with a minty touch, this is probably the ocimene, I have noticed that in other sativa strains. At the moment it smells more like Strawberries than lemons, judging from the store page, I got a strawberry pheno, I don't know if the effects can be extrapolated from this.

I had a tiny bit of mold because a branch from a tree was resting its leaves on a spot, that part smelled more chemical, like a permanent marker, I can imagine if the plant was overripe it would smell a little like that.

View media item 18705482
View media item 18705481
View media item 18705480

PanchoVerde

I will admit that I was not giving this one much of a chance. It started flowering a little too late for 45N, I sort of dismissed it but decided to let it grow. We are lucky to have a mild October, even though we have had just two weeks with 10C to 15C days and near zero nights. I knew we would be getting unseasonably warm days starting today with a 18-20C range.

I have looked at it throughout the month but never really had any hope after inspecting it, I figured it was already too late and I might be able to smoke some stems but not much more. I was surprised today to see that while it doesn't look like an impressive yield the resin coverage and growth was more than I expected.

Aroma wise it started out with a faint sweet and lemony smell, with a minty touch, this is probably the ocimene, I have noticed that in other sativa strains. At the moment it smells more like Strawberries than lemons, judging from the store page, I got a strawberry pheno, I don't know if the effects can be extrapolated from this.

I had a tiny bit of mold because a branch from a tree was resting its leaves on a spot, that part smelled more chemical, like a permanent marker, I can imagine if the plant was overripe it would smell a little like that.
Nice, and happy to see another far north grow of Panama. I have a green pheno that is in a small smart pot at 47.5 latitude (Moving back home to New Mexico in January woohoo!). Originally I only hoped to get seeds from an accompanying Panama male. But looks like I will get some decent buds too now. Weather has been cold but I can bring the plant in at night. Got a stretch of 70 degree and sunny days. Trichs are swelling, buds in third flowering stage. I will try to grab some photos. 10 years since I smoked ACE Panama, looking forward to Decmber!

island_organics

Late planted Panama displaying beautiful magenta pistils in early bloom. Very strong aromas of lemon, vanilla, incense and aftershave.
F7F8465B-7BE7-4735-9BA4-31F9D77B9AFB.jpeg
E81C09C0-5A26-4FDE-898F-F1CA1ABB61D9.jpeg
F24E896A-FEB3-4FE8-AE22-919C85E45024.jpeg
41FCCF66-3CF2-47CE-B91A-E10A707E4DCA.jpeg

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Wonderful. 🦋🌵🌺❄️

Looks like a keeper with all the resin so early! About week 3 flowering?

Anyone growing Panama indoors here? I only had one late at the window a few years ago but still are a fan and would like to try it indoor with my new LED some time in the future... Do they stay compact under LED light or are they stretching too much (for my 60x60x140cm grow-tent)? Thanks for your opinion. ✌️

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

Wonderful. 🦋🌵🌺❄️

Anyone growing Panama indoors here? I only had one late at the window a few years ago but still are a fan and would like to try it indoor with my new LED some time in the future... Do they stay compact under LED light or are they stretching too much (for my 60x60x140cm grow-tent)? Thanks for your opinion. ✌️

Harvested a few weeks ago.

front center, and back right
4316B68C-4F93-49AC-B14C-55CE8B7C7BB3.jpeg

009DBCFE-313D-4BD5-9F61-8075FC15B96E.jpeg

BFAA531D-7961-4342-AE17-2CE7FBC11403.jpeg

88CF1DBC-516D-44A6-9751-5A01681A9DF5.jpeg

20519548-F899-47E3-A122-76BB626675A1.jpeg

clones my friend grew outside,
42 degrees, Detroit.

CB4A3CE6-A9B1-4FFC-9D1C-DD263EA8DA49.jpeg

9458B3AD-E6F7-46B2-8B47-EE29310A8138.jpeg

Pretty smooth smoke.

RottyRzr

Wonderful. 🦋🌵🌺❄️

I grew one indoors recently under LED's. I mainlined it and trained it to stay within my grow area. Without doing that it would have been out of control.

PanchoVerde

So a few shots of my one Panama female, certainly not given ideal conditions to grow in. But with the seeds and some flowers I'm happy considering everything. We are supposed to have "some kind of warm" and sunny days this week so I may let her go a few more days but I think she is finished. Managed to keep a cutting of both male and female, so looking forward to the next round.

Panama-250322.jpg

Panama-250122.jpg

Panama-250222.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi burningfire glad to see your Panama finishing there at 45ºN, such latitude is a bit on the limit to properly finish Panama outdoors although feasible if you are having a mild October. Looks like she could be harvested this week, or a bit later if there are no rains or strong winds forecasted for upcoming days-early next week.

@PanchoVerde Glad you also managed to finish yours at 47ºN! She looks perfectly done in your last pics, i would harvest her as soon as possible when pot is dry and before weather turns bad.

Variety is the spice of life island_organics hope you find remarkable expressions in both your green and red phenos!

Mitsuharu Panama can grow a bit tall indoors, but works great and it's easy to grow indoors, as you can see in this thread.

Beautiful Panama red dwarf @GrandpaMillenial ! Hope she also does well outdoors there at 42ºN.
Congrats on your harvest, enjoy!

i have two female and three male Panama growing at the moment. 29 days veg and 31 days since flipping to 12/12.
Two of the males are already finished and the pollen is stored.
The third male is still not starting to open up and looks like it takes a few more days. He just smells different than the other two males. Almost only fruity and just a very little of that typical grass odor. He has less flower, is taller and has longer inter-nodal spacing.

I was wondering if someone ever had such a panama male, that took so long to start flowering?
And if you think it's worth the wait?