What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

pebble

Veteran
hi all :wave:
con tu permiso,

PanamaRDSCN0331015copia.jpg

PanamaRDSCN0332001copia.jpg

PanamaRDSCN0331016copia.jpg

PanamaRDSCN0331017copia.jpg

awesome!! :yoinks:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
inverse said:
just bought these on seedbay. Can't wait to grow them in the cali hills :)

Dubi - Since these are tropical variety, will they need to be watered quite a bit? I'll be growing guerrilla style in the dry, dry summer so the most i want to water is once every week. With big enough holes should they be okay?

for next spring ill probably be growing these as they are, and also crossing them to Cannabiogen's sandstorm :)

Good day inverse,

My experiences tells me panama loves humid soils, dont extend too much dry periods and waterings, she will grow better with frequent humid and rich soil.
She can resist perfectly high temps, especially outdoors. It's a great outdoor sativa for our californian-mediterranean latitude.

I hope you enjoy growing her, Sandstorm is another lovely bred! :wink: dubi

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Incredible outdoor panama pics charlie and raco friends,

I should take my camera soon to pic our mediterranean panamas too! :smile: hehehehe

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hello dubi,

I was wondering if your Panama strain would be appropriate for Vancouver Island? It is fairly temperate here with frost usually not until November 1, with October averaging 15C with rain and sun.

I have a pure Columbian landrace that finishes early October, provided I start from seed Jan/Feb to ensure plant maturation is complete for the start of flowering in August:) Would you expect your Panama line to have similar success and growth requirements in my climate?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers

RC_Colas

ganjabrother said:
52N lol, tried to grow cannabiogen's caribe at 50N, was hardy, but had a slow growth rate and never really flowered.
I suppose the panama needs warm temperatures like above 18C to continue flowering properly.

sightly off topic,
I'd like to update this info to whoever it may interest,
Someone else finished off the outdoor grow for me, didnt get very tall, but
turns out caribe does get very small but leafy, stemmy buds, these buds were cured out very badly in an attic, with both cold, then hot temperature which might have destroyed some of the THC, the chlorophyll hadn't even left the bud properly. I think it was harvested anywhere between middle to end oct, when frost might have been killing it.
The potency of the high is still there in the small bit of bud,
for some reason the high (even if degraded), was a more nervous one, more on the sativa end of the spectrum, even in my indoor grow, caribe had 25-30C , and even had good conditions as it started reflowering when i harvested it.
The only rational conclusion i can make from this is that HPS lamps emits mostly light with wavelengths (mostly yellow light), not suitable for the production of cannabnoids that give a clear sativa high.
Haven't tried MH, but i will be using it instead to flower my current grow, supposedly you get a product with a better high from them.
sorry for my rambling on...
but i do have a question about the panama, on some photos from this thread, it struck me to see how similar the caribe (the red stem extreme blue mountain looking phenos, 100% sativa like in structure), and the panama green pheno look. Do the highs have strong similarities?
Secondly, since i saw that the caribe can give something small even in the cold, would the panama be able to finish off in a climate like that of in Eire, if for example i planted in an area that does have cool temperatures, rainy, but that has no frost in winter ?

C

charlie garcia

R.C. I am sure can do well in your climate, be sure summer is hot, most sativas love that to explode forming buds. Dubi and I have very different climates but here is being harvested presently so not too late. Is been rainning several days and not mold but obviously up to a point as they are not fish but plants.

Pebble, she is coming great, hope she hits the top

KeyStoned, can be done in 12 weeks.. some can extend to bit longer, some bit faster. If they feel confortable outdoors can extend maturing a week longer or 2. In dryer conditions they will tend to finish bit earlier

ganjabrother, jamaican and panaman have different highs, being Caribe more related to Jamaican. As sativas they would love the heat and after harvest, a good curing to appreciate best results. Some sativas when dont express 100% or uncured can give you more the nervious side than whole high effect feeling. Anyhow, Jamaican is more nervious and extrovertive line than Panaman. Also produces bigger and brancher plants. Is hard to say if or how they will perform and express like they are in colder conditions. You can get good things be sure, not optimum thats a fact, but interesting and potent enough to say can be done. A little selection will show you best resistance and effect plants as well. And as usual in north, face them south!

In general, you can bring sativas from indoor under 18/6 to outdoor as soon as hours daylenght goes below 14 hours so you can always force them to trigger flowering outdoors earlier ;) Sometimes a long vegging period is needed for some sativas to turn mature enough not specially need on these quick sativas but can always help

best to Dubi and amigos :rasta: Dubi hope you can complete info I am not use to talk this long and will need some days to restablish jaja
best

Last edited:

inverse

charlie or dubi -

i know you mentioned a purple pheno of the panama expressing itsself 1 in 50 plants. in this newest generation, is the pheno more common? in a pack of 10 is it likely for my to encounter it? also, does it smoke considerably differently than the other phenos?

salud :smoke:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
RC_Colas said:
Hello dubi,

I was wondering if your Panama strain would be appropriate for Vancouver Island? It is fairly temperate here with frost usually not until November 1, with October averaging 15C with rain and sun.

I have a pure Columbian landrace that finishes early October, provided I start from seed Jan/Feb to ensure plant maturation is complete for the start of flowering in August:) Would you expect your Panama line to have similar success and growth requirements in my climate?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers

RC_Colas

Good day RC Colas,

Panama is a good mold resistant strain, especially against Botrytis (brown mold in flowers). She loves strong sun and warm temps but can be finished correctly in colder climates.

As charlie said, you can force flowering (12/12 photoperiod) around July and then let plant flowering naturally outdoors for the rest of flowering. She will finish around early Oct like your colombian local strain. Of course, a good warm season would help! Best wishes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
KeyStoned said:
anyone grow this indoors, how long does she take to finish?

Good day KeyStoned,

Seedbay is posting the old panama description, newer one describes a shorter flowering time:10-12 weeks, both for indoors and outdoors. Will post new generation panama indoor pics soon! :wink:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
inverse said:
charlie or dubi -

i know you mentioned a purple pheno of the panama expressing itsself 1 in 50 plants. in this newest generation, is the pheno more common? in a pack of 10 is it likely for my to encounter it? also, does it smoke considerably differently than the other phenos?

salud :smoke:

Good day inverse,

It's a very rare expression, more related to the old tropical purple panamas than the faster and denser red version we have been working latest generations. I dont think you can easily find her in one pack, It was not possible in the past reproduction but now we are trying to reproduce a limited purple panama x panama red stock.

Purple tropical pheno needs aprox 14-15 weeks to mature, almost one month later than the main red pheno we have been breeding for. Flowers are fluffier and less resinous too but effect is incredible cerebral!

Last edited:

inverse

dubi said:
Good day inverse,

It's a very rare expression, more related to the old tropical purple panamas than the faster and denser red version we have been working latest generations. I dont think you can easily find her in one pack, It was not possible in the past reproduction but now we are trying to reproduce a limited purple panama x panama red stock.

Purple tropical pheno needs aprox 14-15 weeks to mature, almost one month later than the main red pheno we have been breeding for. Flowers are fluffier and less resinous too but effect is incredible cerebral!

wow dubi...sounds great!

how will i know if that purple panama x panama red stock is ready? i assume it wont be available on your website?

cheers

C

charlie garcia

thx for inputs Dubi :wave:
in the meantime :rasta:

best

PanamaRDSCN0340023copia.jpg

PanamaRDSCN0340021copia.jpg

Last edited:
dubi said:
Good day inverse,

Question . Can this pheno be found in the seeds from a full open pollination of one pack from your last production ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
inverse said:
wow dubi...sounds great!

how will i know if that purple panama x panama red stock is ready? i assume it wont be available on your website?

cheers

Good day inverse,

Yes, should be available here and via our website. We will let you know!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
trichburner said:
Question . Can this pheno be found in the seeds from a full open pollination of one pack from your last production ?

I dont think so trichburner, our panama strain has been worked too much to avoid that kind of long flowering phenos.

Closest panama i know to the old purple tropical phenos you are looking for would be Cannabiogen's panama, it's a very tropical and long flowering purple panama landrace strain, quite different to our highly worked panama red hybrid.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Dubi, I am sold. I got my pack of Panama today and it's dated 22/09/08 on the back. It will be a a month or so before I can get to them, I just wanted to post in support of what you guys do. Keep doing what you are doing.

I micro grow in a small cabinet which will only make the plants look like they are being tortured in comparison to charlie garcia's, pebbles', and Raco's pics. One has to do, what one has to do...

Thanks again.

26811Toledo_-_Iron_Maiden.jpg

dubi said:
I dont think so trichburner, our panama strain has been worked too much to avoid that kind of long flowering phenos.

Closest panama i know to the old purple tropical phenos you are looking for would be Cannabiogen's panama, it's a very tropical and long flowering purple panama landrace strain, quite different to our highly worked panama red hybrid.

I didn't think so either , but it didn't hurt to ask . I'm definately looking forward to growing out your Panama line though .

Maybe now Charlie can chime in and tell those of us who are interested if and when his Panama line will be available ;)

C

charlie garcia

3dDream said:
Dubi, I am sold. I got my pack of Panama today and it's dated 22/09/08 on the back. It will be a a month or so before I can get to them, I just wanted to post in support of what you guys do. Keep doing what you are doing.

I micro grow in a small cabinet which will only make the plants look like they are being tortured in comparison to charlie garcia's, pebbles', and Raco's pics. One has to do, what one has to do...

Thanks again.

26811Toledo_-_Iron_Maiden.jpg

LOL I think you will need a cooltube then :) intake etc and ready, could be nice torture scrog room. For the rest, outdoors in our climate is very nice and easy indeed.

trichburner, such 4th panama line as Dubi says takes longer. Is a thin, lanky and branchy sativa. Flowers in around 16-18 weeks and yield very low. Is a spared sativa of fluffy buds. Effect is very up and nervous. It doesnt like indoors much. Line is been openly shared for spanish friends for years in our Deluxe Mix (for spanish customers only) and some friends like and still enjoy a cross with sandstorm as well. If any interest, pls write dubi

CBG Panaman

pr_3copia.jpg

prindenaitcopia.jpg

Destroyer/CBG Panama

panam--x-destroyer-4673.jpg

prxd4764.jpg

Last edited: