What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

Mimpi Manis

Pretty straight forward. But you have to be able to live with your bud wrapping tightly by (food grade) plastic. I use a decent enough domestic vacuum machine and suck it down till its quite firm but not tight. Unless of course you want your buds to come out looking like well cured gold/green hash... go right ahead! My medium vacuum squashed sure come out looking nice. Practice makes perfect.

Cactus Wes

Panama 2020

Panama 2020

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85209&pictureid=2107817

Attachments

• 20200502_105956.jpg
    20200502_105956.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 19

Cactus Wes

2020 Panama aka 'Carrot Spice'
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85209&pictureid=2107849

Attachments

• 20200405_202600.jpg
    20200405_202600.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 27

Humple W.

Any general NPK recommendations for flower? I have frequently read that pure sativas want less nitrogen, but I'm completely ignorant in my own experience.

Any tips are welcome!

Cactus Wes

Any general NPK recommendations for flower? I have frequently read that pure sativas want less nitrogen, but I'm completely ignorant in my own experience.

Any tips are welcome!

The Old Timer Haze don't like to many nutes.
I managed to fry all the fan leafs on my Purple Haze x Malawi.
Not much trimming come harvest lol.
The two Panamas i grew took full strength nutes the whole way and never burned.

Lotto

Pics are comparing a 9 wk. old Pangi ( Pan. Goddess x Bangi Haze) to 2 Panama regulars from 2018 freebie pack. The Panamas are 7 1/2 weeks. Pic one shows Pangi on top. Second is Pangi and Pan. #1. Third is Pan. #2.

These plants have been beat up to accommodate height restrictions. They are a bit underfed and now I'll begin to up the dose.

Pan. #1 has the Goddess look. Pan. #2 does not. Too early in flower to say for sure.

Grown under cheap, bright white light, SIL's. Stretch under these lights is minimum. Updates to follow as plants fill out.

Attachments

• 20210105_110717.jpg
    20210105_110717.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210105_110834.jpg
    20210105_110834.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210105_110857.jpg
    20210105_110857.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 21

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Feed lightly

Feed lightly

Any tips are welcome!

You are 100% right, no need for a heavy feed. The Panama is more potent and productive when fed gently. It will still produce heavily when overfed but overall quality suffers. The resin content on healthy bud leaves ( the haircut trim type) is astounding, scorching from nutes can ruin this treasure. Flush regularly if growing hydro.

Good Luck and Happy Growing

Humple W.

The Old Timer Haze don't like to many nutes.
I managed to fry all the fan leafs on my Purple Haze x Malawi.
Not much trimming come harvest lol.
The two Panamas i grew took full strength nutes the whole way and never burned.

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what nute line-up do you use?

Cactus Wes

Nutrient line

Nutrient line

Hey,
I have been using a complete line from 'Growing Edge Technologies'. Used them for multiple successful runs.
picture.php

I have since switched to advanced nutrients connoisseur and am very happy with the results.
picture.php

My panama seeds were all freebies.
My next purchase from Ace Seeds is probably going to be the Panama breeder pack.
Panama was a crowd pleaser everytime I spun up a joint.

Cactus Wes

Pics are comparing a 9 wk. old Pangi ( Pan. Goddess x Bangi Haze) to 2 Panama regulars from 2018 freebie pack. The Panamas are 7 1/2 weeks. Pic one shows Pangi on top. Second is Pangi and Pan. #1. Third is Pan. #2.

These plants have been beat up to accommodate height restrictions. They are a bit underfed and now I'll begin to up the dose.

Pan. #1 has the Goddess look. Pan. #2 does not. Too early in flower to say for sure.

Grown under cheap, bright white light, SIL's. Stretch under these lights is minimum. Updates to follow as plants fill out.

Nice ladies.
When I am in the second half of flower I supplement 100ppms of potassium in every feed until flush. (Ph up is a water soluble potassium). Phosphorus locks out potassium, and Potassium is the first nutrient to be depleted by the plant, therefore potassium should be supplemented to avoid a deficit.
- 100ppm ph up first.
- nutrients second.
- correct with Ph down third.
This is explained by Harley Smith of Raw nutrients on youtube.

When I started employing this method I noticed a significant increase in flower size and terpene profile.

But before anyone attempts to debunk this 'Dutch Greenhouse Tomato growers' methods, go watch Harley Smith's Youtube video.

Lotto

Cactus
I'll treat these Pans just like I've grown the Pangi in previous runs.
Low but steady feedings until close to the end. The Pangi mother and clones grown last year looked like they were nearing the end only to have a late reflowering. I harvested some at 65 days and some at 80 days. I upped the food for the later ones and these were my favorite.

If the 2 Panamas are even close to as good as the Pangi, I'll be a happy camper.

Small amounts of wood ash go into my mixes. I understand the importance of K. Thanks for the tip.

-Rioht-

Just pulled one of the colas from my three panamas in my 2x3. It had a very small brownish area that I was being cautious about and am about a week early.

The cola looks great though, very dense and sticky.

Wet weight it 57g's so expecting 11-14 grams dried.

I'm super happy with this, as there are ~30 colas (most bigger) in the tent :)

Highest yield I've gotten outta this tent is 120 grams so I'm expecting to blow that out of the water.

Attachments

• IMG-20210106-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210106-WA0003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 38

BenoitV1984

Veteran
If you really like Panama, maybe you should try some of her crosses. The few I tried were really amazing and Panama seems to shine in them (Oaxaca x Panama, Panama x Malawi, Panama x PCK). I've had my eyes on Bangi Congo x Panama for quite some time but I have so much genetics to play with already that I feel like I must restrain myself... (17 mothers and still 12 unexplored genetics in the fridge, not even counting the strains I have mom's of but still seeds to explore for pheno hunting, and the mom's I didn't grew clones from yet)
My panama seeds were all freebies.
My next purchase from Ace Seeds is probably going to be the Panama breeder pack.
Panama was a crowd pleaser everytime I spun up a joint.

Cactus Wes

If you really like Panama, maybe you should try some of her crosses. The few I tried were really amazing and Panama seems to shine in them (Oaxaca x Panama, Panama x Malawi, Panama x PCK). I've had my eyes on Bangi Congo x Panama for quite some time but I have so much genetics to play with already that I feel like I must restrain myself... (17 mothers and still 12 unexplored genetics in the fridge, not even counting the strains I have mom's of but still seeds to explore for pheno hunting, and the mom's I didn't grew clones from yet)
Yes discipline is important. lol
I'd crack'em all if they gave me a chance!

I got a Malawi x Panama out of one of the Ace Seeds Mix.
I did a Sea of green sorta sample grow.
She was lime pungent as a seedling.
I knew then it was special.
the whole way through veg,
even in flower; I would rub the stem just for the smell.
It had that Panama carrot spice in flower but turned up like gas.
And that was the smell and the taste until halfway through the joint; then you get hit with the unmistakable taste of the Malawi.
That strain is strong!

I like Panama and I will never be afraid of growing more cause I still haven't seen the pink pistles yet.

What has been your favorite Panama combo thus far?

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Oaxaca x Panama but it's not supposed to be commercially available. It's like lemon/sour/vanilla/lavender kind of taste/smell. It seems anything crossed with Oaxacan is a winner anyway :). Panama x Malawi was closed second and she yield like crazy (not that OxP yielded bad). I must say I wouldn't mind getting some pure Panama and hunt for that Pink pistil pheno as well, they look so beautiful :)

Ilan

Chopped at over 15 weeks, still lots of new flowers.
I have about 70w/feet^2 of light, that probably the reason it keeps going.
the cola is 3 fingers wide. probably 2x yield from other plants I have.

picture.php