What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

I have a question for Dubi, if he will!
I have read that this panama is of the same genetic background as the panama from CBG, except that this one has been taken a few further filial generations. I see the strains listed here, and they are the same genetics listed for the CBG one, but when I read the actual strain description from CBG, it reads "Panama marijuana seeds were obtained by using an IBL F4 Panama Green and infusing pollen from an early flowering IBL F4 Neville's Haze. Cannabiogen Seeds experts have developed a very potent, almost psychedelic sativa with no characteristics from the early indica impact added to the Haze."
Can you clarify whether the ACE panama is indeed 100% sativa or whether it has had a neville's haze infusion at some point in it's history? In reading the phylos report, it reads as having a significant portion of it's genetics related to skunk as well.

Thanks, and loving all your work! About to pop some of these panamas today :)

I'd like to know too, I'd rather have the purer one with less generations

-Rioht-

I have a question for Dubi, if he will!
I have read that this panama is of the same genetic background as the panama from CBG, except that this one has been taken a few further filial generations. I see the strains listed here, and they are the same genetics listed for the CBG one, but when I read the actual strain description from CBG, it reads "Panama marijuana seeds were obtained by using an IBL F4 Panama Green and infusing pollen from an early flowering IBL F4 Neville's Haze. Cannabiogen Seeds experts have developed a very potent, almost psychedelic sativa with no characteristics from the early indica impact added to the Haze."
Can you clarify whether the ACE panama is indeed 100% sativa or whether it has had a neville's haze infusion at some point in it's history? In reading the phylos report, it reads as having a significant portion of it's genetics related to skunk as well.

Thanks, and loving all your work! About to pop some of these panamas today :)

Interested in this as well. The stretch on mine weren't too bad, but I had topped a few times and guessing that helped spread it out.

But would make sense if there were sooome indica genetics in there

Shooters

This was what Dubi posted about this previously:

Hi NotACrim,

All the current Panana fem stock was produced by reversing Panama Goddess F10, while the standard/regular Panama releases were produced using many other different females (Panama Goddess included, but not only her).

As i commented in previous posts, Panama has been greatly improved since 2013, so i would recommend you to get recent fem releases of the strain in order to get the closer Panamas to Panama Goddess parental plant, although i'm sure you will find great plants in your older pack and it's worth to plant and explore it.

Best wishes!

And:

Hi Lammy,

(1) is "Green/purple Panama F10 elite" the panama goddess?

Yes, it is.

(2) the reversed Panama goddess is used for the three different phenotypes, is it guaranteed that the seeds of each line would all be as labeled or they're just highly likely to represent that phenotype?

Yes, Panama Goddess was reversed to produce every fem line of the Panama fem Breeders Pack, this is to ensure that all the lines have good amounts of the desirable traits from our best Panama female parental plant. Beside that, every line will produce outstanding indivuals as described in each line, for example: you will find the best red individuals in the red line, best green individuals in the green line, etc ...

(3) does the current description describe the 'panama red/pink fem' from my order from June, 2016?

I don't know what did you order in June 2016, but if you send me an email with the reference number of your order then i will be able to reply you more accurately.

(4) the Lemony incensey pack would be described by the 'Green/purple Panama F10 elite' description?

Yes.

(5) the effects for the Panama Red would be similar to what we think of as indicas but perhaps stronger and somewhat different?

Panama red phenos produce in average plants with a more narcotic kind of effect, with more body effect, making the eyes red (maybe this is what you mean being more an indica effect) .... while the green and purple phenos offer more uplifting, clean, mental effects.

(6) the flowering time is listed as low as 9 weeks. I assume that's fairly unlikely. what are the chances of getting one that goes 10 weeks indoor as a clone?(from the lemon/incensey std, pink/red std or pink/red fem from 2016)

We have grown many many Panamas from seed in all these years, and yes, there's a compact, fast flowering pheno with wider leaf that can be harvested at around 9.5 weeks of flowering, although it's not my favourite one. My favourite Panama expressions usually need 11-12 weeks to ripen, and most of the recent breeding with the strain has been done towards these longer flowering phenos.

Hope it helps with your doubts.

Pages 190 and 191

Humple W.

I tried to find the reference to Neville's Haze on the Panama page of Cannabiogen's website, but it doesn't mention it, or any indica genetics? (At least not that I can find.) Is there another place I could be looking?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I had found a similar description somewhere years ago (maybe **********?), I asked Dubi directly, and he confirmed that it is an incorrect description, Panama does not contain Neville haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
This is the post :
Hi willydread,

Panama doesn't contain Neville Haze. I don't know why, but one retailer invented for his website Panama's description with the Neville Haze's history .... and the wrong description was 'copy/paste' and spread.

In case you have any doubt, the genetics of our strains are always clearly stated at our website.

-Rioht-

Hey guys, I'm on day 64 of flower and am getting yellowed tips on the top buds.

I thought it might be light bleaching but I'm not sure. Mainly because there are two large colas that are closer to the lights that aren't showing any yellowing at all.

I attached 3 pics: the first 2 are of buds with yellowing leafs and the last 1 is of the largest cola that is closest to the light and not showing any yellowing.

I am in coco with perlite, compost and earth worm castings, feeding with gaia green grow 4-4-4 and bloom 2-8-4. I haven't added any nutrients for the past 3 weeks and have only watering with some molasses added (maybe too much molasses?).

Appreciate any tips.

Attachments

• 20201226_163538.jpg
    20201226_163538.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20201226_163609.jpg
    20201226_163609.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201226_163641.jpg
    20201226_163641.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 37

Thesearch

Hey guys, I'm on day 64 of flower and am getting yellowed tips on the top buds.

I thought it might be light bleaching but I'm not sure. Mainly because there are two large colas that are closer to the lights that aren't showing any yellowing at all.

I attached 3 pics: the first 2 are of buds with yellowing leafs and the last 1 is of the largest cola that is closest to the light and not showing any yellowing.

I am in coco with perlite, compost and earth worm castings, feeding with gaia green grow 4-4-4 and bloom 2-8-4. I haven't added any nutrients for the past 3 weeks and have only watering with some molasses added (maybe too much molasses?).

Appreciate any tips.

I know it's not what you asked, but feeding that much potassium to your plant in flower is going to greatly reduce your thc levels. this is something hemp farmers purposefully do to lower thc levels. nitrogen to a lesser extent too, though both are necessary to some extent for bud growth.
you check your ph and and ppm? that is definitely not looking like light bleaching to me

-Rioht-

I know it's not what you asked, but feeding that much potassium to your plant in flower is going to greatly reduce your thc levels. this is something hemp farmers purposefully do to lower thc levels. nitrogen to a lesser extent too, though both are necessary to some extent for bud growth.
you check your ph and and ppm? that is definitely not looking like light bleaching to me

Are you meaning too much potassium through the molasses?

Ph is on point, I'm using a self irrigating bucket style so the reservoir is always ph'd and I run some water through every week or two to check the run off ph.

Run off tested at 1000ppm and reservoir is sitting at about 300 ppm.

Ilan

Hi Everyone,
Just finishing a great round with Thai Chi, SMH, Bubba hash (all amazing), Bangi Haze X Zamaldelica (Amazing small btw, not surprising) and Panama reg.
All got chopped except the panama that keep growing new Pistils.. Will that go on forever? how long to keep going, I'm thinking about giving it another week max. how typical is this?
SMH was ready 2 weeks ago.

Panama, flip to 11.5 / 12.5
picture.php

13.5 weeks
picture.php

14+ weeks
picture.php

-Rioht-

Damn Ilan, I noticed that on mine too but figured it would be finishing soon (day 67 atm). If their anything like yours im gonna be another 4-5 weeks!

Sounds like some people here are harvesting as early as week 9 though.

MrFancyPlants

Ilan, I had a similar issue. My two plants kept reflowering into week 14. I remember reading somewhere - maybe even on ICMag - that tropical sativas can effectively flower "forever" if there are nutrients to consume and/or room for roots to grow. Perhaps someone can correct me on that.

Thesearch

Im lan, I had a similar issue. My two plants kept reflowering into week 14. I remember reading somewhere - maybe even on ICMag - that tropical sativas can effectively flower "forever" if there are nutrients to consume and/or room for roots to grow. Perhaps someone can correct me on that.

I would go by trichome colouring at that point. When a plant is "done" is somewhat subjective. It is not untypical for a landraced sativa to be harvested in december/january in it's native setting (northern hemisphere). If an 8 week strain finishes end of september, then a strain finishing end of december would be presumably ~21 weeks, end of january ~25.

Mimpi Manis

Panama vacuum cure

Panama vacuum cure

I vacuum cured some Ace Panama (reg freebie) from last season. Has had six months in the dark undisturbed. It certainly seemed to kick it up a gear. The buds seemed very hashy like on the squeeze. Certainly changed their character. Smell is not loud... subtle earthy leather herby. Occasional vanilla. (The plant/pheno was not loud either).Taste kind of the same from the Crafty. Effects definitely punchier and stoney. Am getting the feeling that some of those Sativas/Hazes of Sth America origins can sometimes be a departure from the well documented SE Asian sativas most of we southerners grew up on. Altho my experience with American strains is by no means vast... the Panama is my first! But this is good stuff never the less. Good solid plants to gow as well. Heads up to all the guys at Ace for all the good work. Plan to pop the other two (R) seeds next season... along with the two (F)KA5's in the bank. Wouldn't mind a reg male to play with. I can see an arranged marriage or three. We shall see.

Mimpi Manis

What’s that book under the buds?

"Green: A field Guide to Marijuana". Dan Michaels. Photos (terrific btw) by Erik Christiansen. Well worth having in the Library. Keep it right next to Naked Stoned Yoga. (Just kidding)!
Something about a real book some of us old dudes like.