What's new

Panama

G

What a fatty Repuk,nice!:tiphat:
Panama also seems to be really resistant to spider mites...

Yep,this is my experience,too !

I'd go by the hair and nose regarding harvest...Nowadays I mostly use the mic just to get lost in the trichome forests,trich colour comes second :biggrin: Just be careful for botrytis, I've had it with my panama.
Also I'd like to add that I didn't really like it before at least 3 months of curing.Better than Zamaldelica that needed at least 7 :biggrin:

Koondense

Veteran
Wonderful colas repuk :)
Maybe increasing the dark period would help her finish pushing fresh growth, maybe have a couple of dark days before harvest. That will be an awesome smoke, congratulations for the result.

Cheers

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Syd Barrett said:
Also I'd like to add that I didn't really like it before at least 3 months of curing.Better than Zamaldelica that needed at least 7

Phew! I wish! :biggrin: hope to be well stashed next time, I barely could wait a proper cure before running out!

I agree, best material is aged accordingly becoming sublime with those curing times.

Truth is but for half of Violeta jar,rest are bottoms… :shucks: the rest of latest Ace Indoor is gone up in smoke :biggrin:.

I have to focus on potent pheno hunting… but going through all these sativas is soo exciting I cannot stop testing them all first!

Koondense said:
Wonderful colas repuk
Maybe increasing the dark period would help her finish pushing fresh growth, maybe have a couple of dark days before harvest. That will be an awesome smoke, congratulations for the result.

Thanks Koondense! I can only imagine what a spotless grow with these genetics can yield… impressive. Not my merit at all… but now I'm warned, this is the jungle in pest terms, will get ultra-paranoid, because otherwise this tent setup proved it can perform!.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tastes and smells to fizzy lemon with incensey hint... :yummy:

Love the flower structure, reminds me of an inverted grapefruit bunch of foxtails...

Tops
picture.php
picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

Well overripe too... hard to spot an amber trich though.

Let her 3 dark days prior to chop and it certainly helped Koondense! :thank you:

2 weeks flushing. Should have cut almost 1 week or so earlier I think.

Sadly one of the moving fans broke, when the worst heat wave came... 4 of the 6 huge tops had bud rot.

Next time I'll prune all fan leaves prior to the "dark" pre-chop period, as invariably all bud rot came from the fan leaves stems and should even force her more into ripening / flushing.

No complaints whatsoever, due to how all flowers are basically looong foxtails, not much was lost, and it yielded plenty to fill 2 oven bags to the rim.

I'm starting to think these sativas prefer LED (SILs) lightning to HPS, one thing is for sure, SILs induce and promote foxtailing. Match that with a plant that foxtails naturally and they'll explode.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Effect wise, it's been a welcome surprise, even uncured this thing is potent!

Love her effect. You feel "raised", light like a feather. Positiveness, gobs of it. Ultra social. Your thoughts are awakened.

LungCooking

Love her effect. You feel "raised", light like a feather. Positiveness, gobs of it. Ultra social. Your thoughts are awakened.

I love your description! top sativa effect! perfect

deepwaterdude

Very nice, Panama, repuk! What are her terps? Sweet but not sickening lemon? I had a pheno like that that was like a bag of candy, just irresistible. Always ground it with my fingers so I could smell 'em while smoking a spliff.

dugzy

A beautiful looking plant and i really love the description of the effect, you have been a busy fella repuk :)

It looks like another one i would love to try, keep up dugzy haha!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
deepwaterdude said:
Very nice, Panama, repuk! What are her terps? Sweet but not sickening lemon? I had a pheno like that that was like a bag of candy, just irresistible. Always ground it with my fingers so I could smell 'em while smoking a spliff.

I've never tasted this lemon terpene before, all the previous ones weren't exactly "fresh" lemon, but a mix of citrics, and sometimes other fruits mixed in (mango, orange etc) with a fermented touch sometimes.

Panama lemon is radically different to others I've tasted. Base aroma is fresh sweet pure lemon with a sour point (sour like in fizzy sweets), remembers me of PEZ lemon sweets:

1366_2000.jpg

Greenjeenz

Maybe buried in the thread, but is there typically a difference in ripening times between the red and green phenos? Both are at 8 weeks however red put on more weight and resin quicker and looks to be done in about a week. Green is about 6-8 inches taller and buds are more foxtail and little less dense, but looks like it could go 2 more weeks at least. Both are beautiful specimens.

YukonKronic

Maybe buried in the thread, but is there typically a difference in ripening times between the red and green phenos? Both are at 8 weeks however red put on more weight and resin quicker and looks to be done in about a week. Green is about 6-8 inches taller and buds are more foxtail and little less dense, but looks like it could go 2 more weeks at least. Both are beautiful specimens.

Could look in info on Ace site for panama breeders pack. It will have info on the various lines and typical ripening times. FWIW my somewhat flawed memory says yes red pheno is shorter flowering and has denser more introspective effect... u should prolly double check to be sure tho.

deepwaterdude

That sounds about right, though I've only run reg seeds I think, panamawise. My greens have gone longer; 11 weeks minimum, 13 on the outside. They're massive yielders, just different budding style. I think I only had 3 different females and then ran their clones. Superb smoke. Bout time to do it again;)

Greenjeenz

Thanks for the tip on breeders pack info at the Ace website. Had the breakdowns of possible phenos along with expected times. To beat a dead horse, I’ll reiterate how impressive the genetics are on these. You can tell a lot of work was put into them. Much appreciated!

Knothead

These are some pics of my panama fem @ 7weeks since 12/12.

Started 2 seeds, only 1 germinated. Grown out in hempy style. Young plant was quite yellowish so I continued upping the nutrients. Got some tip burn so probably went a little too far. Probably got a ways to go but looks pretty good to me-never mind that I'm a noob! Took a cut when I put her in flower
Cut went into DWC since it is cooler now and don't get water temp issues. Hempy is under ~325watts QB in a 3X3.
Running the cut in a 4X4 under ~450watts QB. Just put cut under 12/12 1 week ago.
Both have the lemmony, citric nose but it's interesting the different look between them.
Just got the black friday sale e-mail from ACE and I thought I would show what Ace has done for me-thanks

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I thought I would go ahead and share the beginnings of my Panama SCROG with everyone in here. Just flipped the timer to 11/13 two weeks ago. Plant was vegged for over a month, then topped, then supercropped, and now being SCROG'd. Garden space is 3' x 3'. This is a regular panama, not the feminized offering. I'll post some updates in this thread every few weeks.

CYlSMsD.jpg

King kahn

Will be growing these outdoor in the (central coast) California next season along with Ethiopian, Malawi and the ErdPurt. Will they mature properly??

Ncali

Veteran
The erdpurt, Malawi, and panama probably, as long as no early frosts. The Ethiopian will be a stretch, literally and weatherwise haha.

King kahn

Haha I’m guna push the limits on this then! Nd no early frost or rain for the most part, Never have done any pure Sativa’s either.. I am beyond stoked.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
One of my most loved jars nowadays.

Fizzy lemon + incensey/hazey touch, cannot get enough!

Really powerful effect.

Latest posts

Latest posts