What's new

Panama x Malawi,Panama and Golden Tiger Fem

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
have to pull our GT fem after 130days, as ran out of time. mostly clear, some cloudy,a few amber... paranoia here we come....

vinrusso

I wasn't going to update so soon but I had a cherry of a piece of GT bud and I am listening to an old Aussie group called "the cruel sea" an album called "3 legged dog" and couldn't help but feel super good, very very trippy music and bud.
The Panama x Malawi is a giant it doesn't show to well in the pics but its at least 50% more in every department. I could grow this one on its own for sure.
They are going to be topped soon especially the MP, then grown a little to get stretch on the branches then laid down flat on the ground to grow vertical branches minimum 8 per plant.
That will be 8 fat ones per plant more than enough for me.

The black pot is the Panama x Malawi, the purple pot the Panama and the brown pot the Golden Tiger.
The Panamas all have a flowery skunky smell already and will need carbon filters in flower.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1495606&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1495604&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1495605&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Hey Tag, Is that GT fem from clone or seed? It looks a lot different than the one's we grew? As a sprout it was very delicate, then grew cola's a meter long. It is a 10/10. I know what you mean, even though I.ve never smoked that pheno, I can imagine it's killer. Have you found any difference in Phenotype's?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Vin this is my second grow of GT the first one was from a 2013 release and had compact hard buds, this lemon one is from the same pack and looks more Malawi in that its just long buds. It would easily grow as you describe but I have kept it short.
I have clones and if its half as good as I am hoping I will grow it as a single plant and let it grow big.
I am finding a big difference in the 2015 release GT I have going also same Malawi structure but the smell is more what I would expect from an African sativa, I will keep a clone as well, as it might be the real killer of the two and very old school Malawi if I am lucky.
All the plants in this grow are from fem seeds in pics left to right 2013, 2015 current grow and 2013 last grow. Both 2013 seeds smelt
different the 9 month cured bud is my all time favorite high just heaven.
I had a very high dose of Zam 9 month cured a day ago, it lasted all day and I still felt spaced out in the morning after a bad sleep.
I was in a very delicate state, anyway I took some of the 9 month cured, Gt and had the most awesome happy trippy day.
So now I know if I go one day of mental stress on Zam the next day take GT and it seems to work twice as strong because of the way my mind is so open to suggestion after being put through the ringer by the Zamaldelica ha ha
I cant wait to see what all these new plants come out like.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama

Panama

Well here are the first pics of my Panama (thanks Dubi).
She is starting week 5 flower, the flowers are a bit more delicate than the Malawi cross plants but the aroma is unreal its not skunky but similar more floral and refined.
I cant wait to see what kind of high she produces after a good cure.
She has a bit of tip burn, I had been feeding them all the same, but have reduced her feeds by 0.4 ec compared to the GT which is a glutton for nutes. I have noticed the Panama x Malawi is also a bit sensative although not as much as the straight Panama. since lowering the feed she has responded well.

mikeandnaomi

Tangwena

You are in for a treat. Your plants look great. We also grew some Panama, early 10 day cure is very promising. SOARING HAZY is a good way to describe it.

Peace !

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena

You are in for a treat. Your plants look great. We also grew some Panama, early 10 day cure is very promising. SOARING HAZY is a good way to describe it.

Peace !

Thanks mate but yours being outdoors and natural will be a lot better taste, more power to you my friend. It will only get better after a good cure so you are in for even more treats in the coming months.
Can life get any better, I think not.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
2015 GT

2015 GT

The 2015 GT I have going is one week behind the others starting to flower. Yet it looks more advanced I will be watching this closely.
Another difference is this is the only pot with powdered Zeolite volcanic rock added it may be just a fast flowering pheno I dont know.

Tangwena

B

blue_tick

tang straight up solid work you have there. keep up with the post. loving it

peace

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks flboy at least I dont need a step ladder and chain saw like you will ha ha. But if I had the option I would go with the ladder and chain saw every time.
Tangwena

mikeandnaomi

Those plants look [are] perfect. You don't get the outdoor damaged look from the elements.
I'm par taking in some GT this very moment. Your going to love it. One of the longest highs.
We had one pheno - believe it or not - finish a couple weeks ago. we also have one still outdoors nearing time.
Very excited to see how they compare. Nice yields with smaller tight dense buds.

Peace !

Tangwena

Veteran
Those plants look [are] perfect. You don't get the outdoor damaged look from the elements.
I'm par taking in some GT this very moment. Your going to love it. One of the longest highs.
We had one pheno - believe it or not - finish a couple weeks ago. we also have one still outdoors nearing time.
Very excited to see how they compare. Nice yields with smaller tight dense buds.

Peace !

I also love the GT I am fast running out of my 9 month plus aged cured buds of Gt. I dont know how I will be able to handle it, not being high all day when I run out. This lot will need a long cure to be anywhere near as good.
I have plenty of other bud but the high from this one pheno is so perfect for me, I function so well even though I am flying, its the best.
we have charmed lives we IC members on this forum.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
my girls

my girls

I just had to post the latest portraits First two the lovely Panama x Malawi looking stunning, she will make good cobs, second my favorite GT 2013 fem release , and lastly Gt 2015 fem release.
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
wow tang,
this grow looks amazing!
Panama & Malawi looking really good... maybe a keeper?
If you ran out of stuff... come over to here and we will make ice water hash from my outdoor GT... I'm sure after licking the spoon you will love the high... :)
great grow and your new lights are doing good it looks like!
@ end of year you will also be in ACE heaven with this massive grow hehe
btw. will the cob curing method not to be faster to enjoy the new harvest?
if i remember correct after 2 weeks drying making the cobs than 3-4 weeks in vacuum and 1-2 open bag dry... these are 6-8weeks after harvest...
cu
M.:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Tangwena :)

It's great to see your new grow so advanced! Flowers are developing nicely!
The Panama Goddess x New Malawi Killer F1 looks great, you have experience with Malawi genetics and hybrids .... What's your opinion so far about this hybrid ? Is more Malawi or more Panama influenced ? Maybe a balanced blend between both ?

Best regards friend!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mac dont tempt me I may come knocking at your door. The Panama x Malawi is looking very promising, I am looking forward to cobing this crop and then aging the cobs in my wine cellar like a good red wine. These buds are at their peak after 6 months I also want to make oil from the pop corn buds if there are any ha ha.
I am battling white fly at the moment I dont want to spray the buds so I am using smoke from mosquito coils they dont like it but they still hang around. Its a pity but the smell of the Panama seems to attract them, it attracts me so I dont blaim them ha ha.
Tangwena

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama x Malawi

Panama x Malawi

Thanks for the update Tangwena :)

It's great to see your new grow so advanced! Flowers are developing nicely!
The Panama Goddess x New Malawi Killer F1 looks great, you have experience with Malawi genetics and hybrids .... What's your opinion so far about this hybrid ? Is more Malawi or more Panama influenced ? Maybe a balanced blend between both ?

Best regards friend!

Hi Dubi
Mate the Panama x Malawi is a wonderful plant very strong grower compared to the Panama I have growing. The smell of the buds is a blend of the Panama and sweet lemon/oil, very nice.
Looking at the Panama I have, I think it must be a green pheno from what I have seen and read on this forum (thank you).
The buds structure looks more Malawi, whatever it is I am in love with this plant. If the effect is as good as it promises to be you have another winner.
I have given a couple of seeds of all the new seeds I got this year to the best grower I know on an aussie forum, he loves your web site and was over the moon when I offered him some of my spare seeds. When he gets them on the forum you can expect a big increase in interest in your seeds. It was the least I could do to speed things up. He is very interested in the Panama x Malawi so I made sure he has 2 of them and the Panama x Purple haze as well.
As well as GT, Zamaldelica and 2013 Malawi fem.
Expect a huge interest once he posts his grow, he will make them shine.
I am reducing the light time and nutes to speed up the maturing of these plants, the buds are getting so heavy they will all need supporting by next week.
Your sativas go against all the normal thoughts on them being sensative to nutes, they respond so well to being fed well in the early stages of flower, and then starving them at the end.
I am going to water them with a weak fish and seaweed organic solution for the next 4 to 6 weeks to flush them out and get a nicer taste and smell.
I dont envy you making decisions on all your projects it must be frustrating waiting so long to get the results from all your crosses you have going. But you have my respect for the choices you make, you are a very intuitive breeder my friend.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama x Malawi start week 8

Panama x Malawi start week 8

Today was the last weak feed from now on only water till harvest with a dash of seaweed / fish fertilizer, not enough to feed her just enough to keep her happy as she finishes off.
The smell is starting to get that deep oily smell of Malawi with a sweet lemon musk smell. Total awesome smell, if the high develops from this it should be very interesting.

Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Golden Tiger 2013 release week 8 flower

Golden Tiger 2013 release week 8 flower

This Golden Tiger has a wonderful lemon smell that has deepened to a oily malawi with a deep lemon hidden underneath. I know the GT's are all good and this one is a ripper, I have a clone to go again, and she will be revegged as well I want a lot of this pheno in my cellar.
She has had her last feed today a week mix of monster bud organic flowering juice. Then water and a very week mix of seaweed / fish juice just to keep her roots healthy for revegge after harvest.
This will be the longest flowering plant I have going probably 14 weeks.

Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
GT 2015 and Panama

GT 2015 and Panama

These two were the last to start flowering but they dont appear to be much different the 2015 Gt in first pic is maturing faster than the 2013.
The smell is completely different it has an oily Malawi smell with a woody spice background and slightly fruity as well. What i would expect from an African plant, I am hopeful of getting an old school Malawi high from this one. She also will be revegged.

The second pic has the Gt in foreground with the Panama behind.
Next is the Panama, she has delicate flowers compared to the brute strength of the Malawi crosses. The flowers smell of sweat floral musk not quite a skunk smell more refined and delicate. She also had her last feed today and looks set to be ready at 10 to 12 weeks.
She has been the most light feeder of the lot getting tip burn easily and needing weaker feeds from day one.

I seem to have lost the pic sorry, next time ha ha
Tangwena

Latest posts

Latest posts