What's new

Panama x Malawi,Panama and Golden Tiger Fem

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi THC it depends inside I have limited hight and space so I veg only one week to 10 days then flip, their stretch gives enough growth to get a plant to the size i want. But i would prefer to give them 30 days but i would end up with huge plants and i cant fit them in my grow area.
Its the only way i can grow them indoors, but they still produce nice buds if you feed them right.
Tangwena

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Tangwena,
how big do your plants get in the end when vegged for only 10 days? I assume they are from seeds, not clones.
I'm interested because I'm just starting two ZamalHash plants in a 120x60cm tent(height 175cm) and I feel to lack some proper idea on what growth to expect, especially in stretching. What kind of veg times would you suggest for my area? I'd try supercropping to make a kind of scrog and veg for 25-35 days(general idea).

Cheers

*p.s.
Your avatar plant looks amazing, got any growing data about it?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Koondense the avatar plant is in my diary called "Ace Malawi" you can see how i grew it in there. It was my first Ace seed grow and blew me away.
i have no experience with the Zamal/hash plant but in a tent like yours I would grow the way I do in this diary and after the plant has vedged for 10 days I would repot and lay the plant on its side and then LST and train all the branches out in a star shape.
My grow area is 1200 x 1200 with 1000mm of hight so I try to limit the growth to between 600 to 800 vertical.
In a few days I will post a pic of what they look like now, the branches are between 400 and 600mm verticaly but hopefully will be all head (cola) in 8 to 9 weeks time.
The avatar plant had 300 to 400mm colas.
Tangwena

B

blue_tick

tang here to see you blow it up again and to learn a few things from you. very interesting how you lay them over and tie off the branches in the star shape. have you used this method out door as well. i will be along for the ride brother. keep on keeping on

peace

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi flboy coming from someone who is growing the stairways to heaven you have thats a compliment mate. I like to lay them down to rest in my bush grows as well, it turns them into megga bud machines.
I usually wait untill they are six foot tall in pots before digging a hole and removing the pot to lay them down. If you time it right just as the first pistols show you get huge colas all over and can double the weight of buds per plant easily, but mainly it keeps the height down as the scrub I grow in is only head high and these sativas grow tall as you no doubt know by now ha ha
Tangwena

B

blue_tick

tang i will be here to see how you do things as i will be exercising your method my next out door grow. i do have a couple monsters but i would like it even better if they stayed a little shorter lol. i will be doing a few of what you have going so i will be here till the end. here is my next line up just need to decide which ones to do. maybe you can help me out. i also still have bangi and purple haze x malawi but might let them rest next time

picture.php

any help is grateful

peace

Tangwena

Veteran
Shit mate I cant help on the selection, a bit of sensory overload going on at the moment ha ha.
Any or all of them would get me exited ha ha
You must be on cloud 9 with all those to select from, I thought my life was good, you are one lucky son of a gun mate. But from what I am seeing in my grow you have to pop a couple of the Panama x Malawi, they have got me very excited
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Start of week 5 flowering 10 weeks from seed

Start of week 5 flowering 10 weeks from seed

I was going to wait till next Monday but I just had to put a couple of before and after pics up.

Left to right Gt 2013 release 4 weeks ago and now, Panama x Malawi 4 weeks ago and now, the Panama fem is a week behind these two so I will wait to show her and the 2015 Gt is 2 weeks behind so again she will wait her turn.
I vegged these on 14 hrs light for 10 days to keep them compact but I feel next time I will do the 18rs light for 10 days as they could be a little taller and still fit in.
Anyway still 8 weeks to go woohoo
Tangwena

THCMAN

tang i will be here to see how you do things as i will be exercising your method my next out door grow. i do have a couple monsters but i would like it even better if they stayed a little shorter lol. i will be doing a few of what you have going so i will be here till the end. here is my next line up just need to decide which ones to do. maybe you can help me out. i also still have bangi and purple haze x malawi but might let them rest next time

View Image

any help is grateful

peace

High flboy
I´m jealous!
What have you done to get those exotic freebees???
Didn`t know there are single phenos available from malawi.
And Guatemala....
As I discovered ACE a few weeks ago I start ordering two variaties.
Then I read a ll the grow journals about Zamaledilca....and Golden Tiger...now I have 6 different sativas and I still have the feeling of missing something of their great genetics.
As room limitation is always an issue I can`t grow all of them at the same time.
Right now I´m feeling like Gollum: I´m suffering from the torture of choice:)
Panama instead of Bangi?
Didn`t the moslems say you get 70 virgins after reaching paradies?
For me it would be hell because of the impossible decision not knowing with which one you should start first.-)))

cheers mate

THCMAN

I was going to wait till next Monday but I just had to put a couple of before and after pics up.
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1505571&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1518928&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1505570&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63275&pictureid=1518926&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Left to right Gt 2013 release 4 weeks ago and now, Panama x Malawi 4 weeks ago and now, the Panama fem is a week behind these two so I will wait to show her and the 2015 Gt is 2 weeks behind so again she will wait her turn.
I vegged these on 14 hrs light for 10 days to keep them compact but I feel next time I will do the 18rs light for 10 days as they could be a little taller and still fit in.
Anyway still 8 weeks to go woohoo
Tangwena

Hi Tangwena
Great to see how they look in flowering with your laying down method.
Looks so different and it seems like defoliation is not a big issue with that method, right?
cheers mate, THC

B

blue_tick

tang after looking at your panama x malawi she is for sure going next run. so are the strings still holding down the branches or have you cut them lose.

so you say you grow them strait up till you top then lay them over and tie the lower branches. what if i need to wait for a month or so out door then lay over do you think that is visible and just leave like 4 to 6 branches and top them once as well

trying to make sure i get it correct as i love the look your set up has the only difference is i will be in 100 gallon pots

thanks

B

blue_tick

thcman they say variety is the spice of life but it sure creates other obstacles. the malawi are from the breeders pack (fem). last i checked they are still available and they are labeled as you see them.

peace

THCMAN

thcman they say variety is the spice of life but it sure creates other obstacles. the malawi are from the breeders pack (fem). last i checked they are still available and they are labeled as you see them.

peace

High flboy
thanx for the info...and good to know!
cheers mate

Tangwena

Veteran
tang after looking at your panama x malawi she is for sure going next run. so are the strings still holding down the branches or have you cut them lose.

so you say you grow them strait up till you top then lay them over and tie the lower branches. what if i need to wait for a month or so out door then lay over do you think that is visible and just leave like 4 to 6 branches and top them once as well

trying to make sure i get it correct as i love the look your set up has the only difference is i will be in 100 gallon pots

thanks

Hi flboy in the bush I grow them till they are about 6 foot high then lay them down I dont top them, just try to time it as they show sex and start the stretch into flowering, within 24hrs all the branches will start growing verticaly and can be staked out and trained to spread the plant out.
It works easier the bigger the plant is. You end up with dozens of colas growing vertical towards the sun.
Tangwena

B

blue_tick

tang i understand know what you are saying. i will be putting this info in my journals so i make sure i do it correct. how big a pot do you use till 6 foot tang

thanks peace

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi mate I dont use a big pot as I will be removing the plant and planting in a prepared soil.
I use a 20ltr pot and feed the plant with seaweed/fish organic fertilizer and they explode.
Once laid on the ground all the branches behave like individual plants and grow a massive cola each, it all depends on when you plant as to how big they grow (daylight hours)
Time it right and you can get ten to twenty meter long colas from each plant, no higher than one to two meters high, easy to hide in the scrub.
I have been doing it for ages works every time.
Tangwena

Azure

I think we should somehow fund Flboy because he is putting forth a great effort and the results are more than fantastic!
Even though you don't have it in your collection at the moment, I'd like to see you grow out some Oldtimer's Haze in the future!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hold your reigns, lad!
Or use proper measurement units... :biggrin:

:tiphat:Orfeas

Hi orfeas I thought you Greeks were metric being in the EU, I will translate for those still living in the dark ages haha
Fat is 6 inches in diameter and long is 3 feet if there not like that you aint feeding them enough grits ha ha
Tangwena

Latest posts

Latest posts