What's new

Panama x Malawi,Panama and Golden Tiger Fem

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 5 from seed

Week 5 from seed

Well its another week gone and I checked my calender and this is week 6, my last post said week 5 but I was just too high to count properly.
Since the last bout of bondage the Panama has woken up and is catching up with its fellow plants.
The flowering is a week behind the GT and PM but starting to push now.
Today I laid the 2015 GT on its side and started LST on it. It is of course 2 weeks behind the others.
This is the time I start to feed them so that the stretch into flowering is well nourished and produces hopefully a lot of big bud sites.
The next feed I will up the EC to 2.0 that is including the waters natural EC of 0.6.
I also start to get scared that they will grow too much, but if all goes to plan they should stop after a couple of feet of vertical growth and then fill out.
The pics are:panama x Malawi, Golden Tiger (2013), Panama, and the Golden Tiger (2015) that is 2 weeks behind the others.
The cloned tops seem to have rooted on 11/13 lighting which is pretty impressive as I normally do 18/6 for clones. I dont know where they will fit in maybe in the corners ha ha.
After this I will update in 4 weeks time.

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
wow great progress mate!
it's always a pleasure to see how you handle the lady's...
Looking all very healthy and i'm sure you will get big bud's!
happy grown'
M.:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mac I am never sure of anything ha ha Yesterday i had some coconut butter i thought was Gt, but 4 hours into the trip and it was a trip! I realised I had eaten some Zamaldelica butter by mistake, talk about flying high, I had clenched teeth like I had taken speed.
But I got twice as much done and the enthusiasm was unmistakable, every time I take it I feel like I am 16 again amazing.
I am going to have to label things better, it was a batch from the second grow of Zamaldelica (the clone) its not as deep as the first more like taking ecstacy, man I could have kissed the world I felt so heavenly.
Now I will have to make sure I keep a lot of this bud and not be so generous with my friends and give it away.
Cant wait to see what the Panama x Malawi tastes like it has lost the sweet skunky smell and now has a more fruity pineapple smell when I rub the stems, awesome, the 2013 Gt smells just like my last one I hope its the same pheno.
The Panama still has a sweet skunky flowery smell, I have the carbon filters on 24 hours a day.
The 2015 Gt has no smell yet as it is not flowering yet, cant wait to see what she brings, I used the zeolite gravel instead of pierlite in her coco along with the powderd zeolite so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in the terpenes using this mixture.
Tangwena

THCMAN

:laughing: yahhh congrats Tang,
they looking very happy!
Well GT is awesome... yesterday i had the first glass cured 1 1/2 month not finished cure but hey the high is very interesting... first i had Malawi the complete day and in the evening i thought to try out the GT1 > Malawi pheno... and wow this stuff is so psychedelic ... had stop watch tv and put on my fav music.... i love bass when i'm on weed/lsd or magic mushrooms hehe my cat's and my wife don't... ;-) but they respect it if i'm on!
Tang Panama catched also my interest! I had long time ago Panama Red dope and a little weed... that was in my study time... had some cool friends there with superb' connections... well all gone but i still remember Panama Red > this warm positive high it's like on ecstasy > loving everybody around you :) :comfort:
i wish i had also panama in my garden but next year... it's on my list :)
i'm happy that i can see now how you manage the immense stretch that Malawi & Panama do... ;-) like my Purple Haze & Malawi is still stretching... 5 weeks in flower...
go for it! i'm watching this grow closely!
You will have a great christmas time if you can finish this lady's properly :biggrin:
thumbs up and wish u all the best!!!
M. :tiphat:

P.S. the magic mushroom time just start here :woohoo:
i really enjoy this day's when i'm running over the fields totally stoned and on mushrooms... the fresh mushrooms are working also instantly... tip: if you find some... take them without root's (then they will comeback next season) dry them and put them in honey to conserve the power... mushroom with honey are so delicious... had the last this summer with friends and we made the night to a colorful day ;-) love it!

Hi Mac
it`s really curious..to be honest I wasn`t quite shure what the fuck might be wrong with me beeing still so much interested in quot;turn, turn, turn,quot mode with the same mad intensity like 30 years before....and now I realize: it´s not only me who is crazy
There are many more ( is there somebody out there....) magic mushrooms...YEAH MAN...Het Ke Kwai they call it in Thai ( buffalo shit mushrooms)...My first mushroom omlet I will never ever forget for the rest of my life
Can you imagine to be on the most colourfull kind of religious trip for two hours and than you go swimming, diving and literally millions of pinkish-turquise stars exploding just in front of your eyes?
It was my birthday an we where standing in the gulf of thailand, just sweeping our arms through the water producing lightnings like falling stars....UNFUCKINHARTOBELIEVE
Years later I heard: it was the phosphorus light of plancton which just happens ones a year for a very short time
Tried to repeat it in on one of my many many tripps to A`dam and it went completly awfull, but that`s a different story.

Back to the Malawis and Thaigers - just read the tangwena thread for short time growing cause I madly HAVE to throw them beens in the dirt - will kill my Think Differents as I red, that they are crap and need also 100 days to finish - what a joke.
Better to stay sauber for another few months than just to smoke low level standard weed anymore
And as a long time 24/7 smoker and hash cookie adict I never ever could believe to act like this just for quality reasons
But with all the ladies in my growing room it is like..mh....hard to describe!
I start talking to them when I´m sitting in my growing room and ...I really have the feeling of being connected to them...is that possible???
Even when I could get something to smoke...as I know it never ever can be as good as the treasures coming out of my basement I`m not interested....quite amazing for and old pothead!!
How was your thanksgiving from your last harvest?
Tangwena said to me I shouldn`t follow your advices cause you are in ACE haeven right now:)haha

cheers dude and sorry for being to poetic but..I´m still happy to see there are many many more of us and I´m not alone

THCMAN

Hi Mac I am never sure of anything ha ha Yesterday i had some coconut butter i thought was Gt, but 4 hours into the trip and it was a trip! I realised I had eaten some Zamaldelica butter by mistake, talk about flying high, I had clenched teeth like I had taken speed.
But I got twice as much done and the enthusiasm was unmistakable, every time I take it I feel like I am 16 again amazing.
I am going to have to label things better, it was a batch from the second grow of Zamaldelica (the clone) its not as deep as the first more like taking ecstacy, man I could have kissed the world I felt so heavenly.
Now I will have to make sure I keep a lot of this bud and not be so generous with my friends and give it away.
Cant wait to see what the Panama x Malawi tastes like it has lost the sweet skunky smell and now has a more fruity pineapple smell when I rub the stems, awesome, the 2013 Gt smells just like my last one I hope its the same pheno.
The Panama still has a sweet skunky flowery smell, I have the carbon filters on 24 hours a day.
The 2015 Gt has no smell yet as it is not flowering yet, cant wait to see what she brings, I used the zeolite gravel instead of pierlite in her coco along with the powderd zeolite so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in the terpenes using this mixture.
Tangwena

High Tangwena
As I intend to grow the same stuff one short question: what`s the size of your buckets?
What kind of lamp is it you use?Is it CFL?
Thanx for da reply
Happy smoking..

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi THCMAN I use small half litre to grow them to 4th node and top them, then one week later I lay them on their sides in 12ltr plastic oil drip pans, they are rectangular and have a nice surface area but keep the hight down.
I use 2x 375watt ceramic metal halides in a cool tube. They have to be hands down the best for sativas, they keep the nodes tight, have red and blue spectrum and ultraviolet, so much it gives you a sun burn in about 10seconds.
I found out about them on IC forum this place has tort me so much so quickly.
Very experienced sativa growers on here.
The plants have had a 100% increase in size all over they are really taking off!
Its a battle every day tying the new branches down, but so far so good.
The best thing is the Panama clone has shot up 100mm and started budding! Thats a clone under 11/13 hours of light from day one. Amazing vigor.
On the subject of enjoying being free mentaly, its good to talk with fellow enthusiasts.
I find eating/chewing the Gt and Zamaldelica buds heavenly and the Gt comes on in about 15 mins and lasts for 6 hrs plus the first 3 hours is mindblowingly good.
The Zamaldelica comes on as I chew the bud! I am enjoying the taste when my eyes bulge out of my head like I had a shot of speed.
Its the fastest working bud I have ever had. You are going to think you are in heaven when your buds are cured.
The highs are so strong but so different, a trip for every occation, the GT for when you want bliss and the Zam for when you want to go wild, amazing gear both of them.
But they are 9 months cured, they definatly improve with age, I can taste the terpenes when I chew them the GT is very high quality taste, top draw in every way.
I will be having a very good new year thats for sure.
Regards brother Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Tang,
I use 2x 375watt ceramic metal halides in a cool tube
Do you have some more info about them? I curious because with 600w i get heat issues in my vert and maybe 2 x 375watt ceramic metal halides will do better... i'm alway's open for improvement :)
Do you use them the complete flowering cycle?

high THC,
well i'm in heaven here on earth haha yes thats true... can you imagine my smile after first smoke of my Malawi... i was searching so long for this kick and finally found it & much much more here... Now i'm enjoying some GT and and just wonder how potent it is... my mouth is dry and typing is in slow motion... so need to stop... back to topic...

thx Tang for the info...
M.:tiphat:

P.S. iv'e read somewhere that cannabis plants react to human... so same plants same pots same conditions different grower = different weed... it goes so far that if you want you can affect the high you get... the plants listen to your need's and if you are nice to them you get what you deserve!

Last edited:

THCMAN

High Tangwena
Kop kun kap for the detailed report!
I just can`t imagine to cure for 9 month without just eating/smoking the whole stuff away in the meantime...the only chance I can see is to grow so much stuff, that it´ll last for these 9 months for a gready pothead like me.
As long as they are growing..no problem not to smoke... but as soon as they are in the jars both devils on the left and right shoulder start whispering 24 hours a day;-)
If I would tell you what happened with my last grow stash in less than 5 month you wouldn`t believe it ( me either still!)
Anyway, thanx for the details of your grow..verrry interesting your laying down technik..I did it in a much smoother way but with those kind of oilpans it seems to be much easier than with my 6 gallon suare buckets right now!
I´m using Osram Plantastar cause they have different spectrums ( kind of Mh as well I was told)...no MH at all...might be a mistake ( and not the only one I`m shure)
Hi Mac
sounds like you are in ganjas heaven..thumbs up.
Since my last very first grow I know there`s nothing better and more satisfying than to enjoy the benefit fruits of your 5 month hard work!!!!!!!
And to know, that the next result will be 10 times better....THAT keep`s me alive till the next feb
Cheers brothers - may the green force be with you

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mac I read on IC forum a while ago about ceramic metal halide so I researched it and found a supplier in Australia called eye lighting.
The color spectrum they produce is better than HPS and Metal Halide put together, I had a choice of shielded or un shielded bulbs the un shielded put out very high ultra violet as well so I got the unshielded.
They will give you sun burnt skin in a few seconds so I only work with them turned off.
The plants stay compact and dont stretch as much as with HPS, they also run cooler than HPS.
I used to use 600w HPS but now only use the two 375w CMH for the whole cycle, apart from the risk of skin cancer if you work under them they are great.
I love them but its a matter of personal choice, philips has some next generation lights but they are expensive, these cost the same as HPS and you can run them off Murcury vapor ballasts and they are cheaper than HPS ballasts to buy.
The best thing is I can grow through the summer heat in Australia with these something that was impossible with HPS.
THCMAN because I chew the bud I use heaps less than smoking so my pot lasts a lot longer, a piece the size of your little finger nail gets me tripped out the whole day.
The high is way stronger for longer than if I smoked the same amount.
So my stashes last forever. I have about 8 different strains some over 3 years old and still potent.
I prefer my buds well cured they taste better and the high is way more refined.
Tangwena

THCMAN

Hi Mac I read on IC forum a while ago about ceramic metal halide so I researched it and found a supplier in Australia called eye lighting.
The color spectrum they produce is better than HPS and Metal Halide put together, I had a choice of shielded or un shielded bulbs the un shielded put out very high ultra violet as well so I got the unshielded.
They will give you sun burnt skin in a few seconds so I only work with them turned off.
The plants stay compact and dont stretch as much as with HPS, they also run cooler than HPS.
I used to use 600w HPS but now only use the two 375w CMH for the whole cycle, apart from the risk of skin cancer if you work under them they are great.
I love them but its a matter of personal choice, philips has some next generation lights but they are expensive, these cost the same as HPS and you can run them off Murcury vapor ballasts and they are cheaper than HPS ballasts to buy.
The best thing is I can grow through the summer heat in Australia with these something that was impossible with HPS.
THCMAN because I chew the bud I use heaps less than smoking so my pot lasts a lot longer, a piece the size of your little finger nail gets me tripped out the whole day.
The high is way stronger for longer than if I smoked the same amount.
So my stashes last forever. I have about 8 different strains some over 3 years old and still potent.
I prefer my buds well cured they taste better and the high is way more refined.
Tangwena

Ahaaa..Got it...would you recommend to change from HPS to MH in the veg. time after 3 weeks- even when I used to start with the HPS? or doesn`t it make any sence now?
Quite interesting what you told about just chewing a little finger bud!! Looks like I should change my smoking/eating habbit...main problem: tolerance...the more you eat, the more you need ( in my case!)
The cookies in the morening, three cookings for lunch, three cookies for supper - no prob:)
Two more short question:
1. I saw your laying down pics..how can you do that without breaking the stems?
My Hawaiins are to strong after 3 weeks..I just can bend them up from the second node.
2. I din`t found the right proportion for the highest yield: better take 4 plants in 6 gallon buckets on 4x4 or 6-8 plants ( its kind of SOG)?
All the best and thanx in advance for your reply
THCMAN

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi THCMAN I have never tried MH on its own or with HPS so I cant comment, the CMH light spectrum is better than the two combined though.
I dont bend them I remove them from the small pot and lay them on their side as if the pot had fallen over.
I cover the exposed roots on the top with a layer of filter cloth from an airconditioner so the light doesn't get to them and fill in the rectangular box with soil around the root mass.
It doesn't take 24 hours before all the branches start growing towards the light.
I do the same in my bush grows, it keeps them short but full of colas.
As they grow I train them LST style, you find even the weakest sucker branches from the bottom of the plant get a chance to grow strong because they all have equal access to the light source.
I found out about it after a plant in a pot in the bush was blown over, when I returned a few weeks later it had more buds on it than the other plants who were still standing.
So I lay them all over and it worked very well, I then tried it under lights and it was even better.
But it seems to work best on vigorus plants like sativas especialy Malawis which I was growing at the time.
Do a search on IC for CMH look for a thread by MP2 or something he has posted some spectrum graphs showing the light output, the first color graph of the philips bulb is very similar to the EYE lighting CMH graph that I bought in Australia
Tangwena

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
stretch to flowering

stretch to flowering

I just checked the girls and did a bit of LST and the smell is amazing the Panama x Malawi is the most vigorus and requires a lot of work.
But the bud sites are coming thick and fast its going to have big colas.

The GT 2013 is a different pheno to my last one and has a very strong lemony zinger smell, very stimulating smell and the bud sites are close together more Malawi style than my last one. So its going to have big colas also.

The Panama has lost the skunky smell and its more a flowery smell.
It was the strongest smelling but the Gt and Malawi cross have taken over. It is however starting to flower strongly, a week behind the other two.

The Gt 2015 is developing an oily Malawi type smell, its still early but it is starting to flower nicely.

The really exiting news is all three clones from the topping have exploded into growth, flowering as they go. Thats at 11/13, amazing they took without 18/6 light.
I will post picks in 3 to 4 weeks by then they should give you a hard on ha ha.
Loving this Ace grow the box is going to be the fullest I have ever had it.
Tangwena

THCMAN

Hi THCMAN I have never tried MH on its own or with HPS so I cant comment, the CMH light spectrum is better than the two combined though.
I dont bend them I remove them from the small pot and lay them on their side as if the pot had fallen over.
I cover the exposed roots on the top with a layer of filter cloth from an airconditioner so the light doesn't get to them and fill in the rectangular box with soil around the root mass.
It doesn't take 24 hours before all the branches start growing towards the light.
I do the same in my bush grows, it keeps them short but full of colas.
As they grow I train them LST style, you find even the weakest sucker branches from the bottom of the plant get a chance to grow strong because they all have equal access to the light source.
I found out about it after a plant in a pot in the bush was blown over, when I returned a few weeks later it had more buds on it than the other plants who were still standing.
So I lay them all over and it worked very well, I then tried it under lights and it was even better.
But it seems to work best on vigorus plants like sativas especialy Malawis which I was growing at the time.
Do a search on IC for CMH look for a thread by MP2 or something he has posted some spectrum graphs showing the light output, the first color graph of the philips bulb is very similar to the EYE lighting CMH graph that I bought in Australia
Tangwena

High Tangwena
Fuck..that sounds sophisiticated..very much indeed...!! ONE BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE FOR THE DUDE IN TRANSIT ON MY BILL PLEASE;-)
As I just got my ACE beans I will treat them exactly in that way.
ALso I found out from your replay that you are talking about ceremic metal halide...I thought it would be just MH.
And I think that will answer also my question of how many plants on a 4x4 table.
Thumbs up and kop kun kap my friend.
Cheers thcman

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi THC Man no worries brother I am holding out on posting an update picture to have maximum effect with a before and after type display.
The smells coming from them are the best I have ever grown.
The Panama x Malawi is outstanding followed closely by the 2013 GT which has the strongest lemon/hash smell I love it already. But The Panama x Malawi has the biggest buds and is going to be a huge producer, I have already decided to grow all the 5 seeds I have of this cross at once.
If smell is anything to go by she will be the most potent weed I have grown so far, every cross with Malawi I have grown has ended up more Malawi than the actual Malawi in strength if that makes sense.
One more week and I will show you what I am talking about ha ha.
Tangwena

THCMAN

Hi THC Man no worries brother I am holding out on posting an update picture to have maximum effect with a before and after type display.
The smells coming from them are the best I have ever grown.
The Panama x Malawi is outstanding followed closely by the 2013 GT which has the strongest lemon/hash smell I love it already. But The Panama x Malawi has the biggest buds and is going to be a huge producer, I have already decided to grow all the 5 seeds I have of this cross at once.
If smell is anything to go by she will be the most potent weed I have grown so far, every cross with Malawi I have grown has ended up more Malawi than the actual Malawi in strength if that makes sense.
One more week and I will show you what I am talking about ha ha.
Tangwena

Hi Tangwena

Thanx for your reply. Can`t wait to see the pics!
So the Panama x Malawi..is that a crossbreeding you`ve done by your own or is it from ace? The hole chapter breeding is a a complete terra incognita for me.
definitely something I will study as soon as I know more about growing!
Right now I´m stretching the veg time from my main grow ( 6 weeks already) to get the chance for my 5 zamaldelica and 5 orient ( 14 days old) to get some minimum flesh on the bones before switching to 12/12 next week.
the main grow( jack 47+ sweet thai from sweet seeds and vanilla kush from barneys + 3 think different quick stash autos) would be more than ready for the conversion to 12/12 but....better more training on them to get some more time for the ace`s. Hope three weeks veg time is better than 12/12 from seed.
Of course I know it`s still too short but they grow pretty fast..could top them 10 days after they poped between third and fourth node.
Also doing your laying down technique since 2 days.
Did it with two of my hawaains after 3 weeks..hard fight and bondage but at least I have something which doesnt`t look like typical sativa shape....they are the shortest plants in my garden with 8 colas from one horizontal grown main stem!!
next time I will plant them in one corner of the bucket and not in the middle.
One more question: what else could you recommend for curing buds instead of corn? can not get them in january where I´m living.
Cheers mate!

THC

THCMAN

Ha..just found out: you can buy them as tamles in a mexican food shop..45 leaves for 7 bucks...eureka

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi THC man sounds like you have your hands full ha ha, good to hear the laying down is working for you too. It seems to work best on plants that grow big naturaly, it lets them use their energy spreading out rather than growing up, its a bit like a scrog without a net.
The Panama x Malawi was given as freebie from Dubi so its a cross he is playing with.
Comparing it to the Panama I have going as well, I would say it definately Malawi pheno by the sheer size and number of the buds, the smell is a mix of lemon and fruity oily Malawi smell, I love it and it promises to be a very powerful plant.
It and the GT's were fast to flower and so far easy to grow.
Tangwena

Holeshot

GT Fem

GT Fem

Hey Tang, are you Aussie? I am currently growing out GT fem, Zamaldelica, Malawi and Panama. My seeds are mixed up though, so I'm not sure as too which is which as yet. Is there any pheno difference in the fem GT. What is the normal growth pattern? Leaf and branching? These are the most vigorous , healthiest plants I have grown so far . Any help identifying them would be great. I just recieved a new order of reg seeds of all plus, Guawi,Laos Luang Prabang,Congo. Cheers from down under. Very excited about my new ACE & Cannabiogen strains.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mate yes I am in WA, I hope you have a long ladder with those genetics, I am currently growing 2 GT seeds fems from 2013 and 2015 releases. Both have the Malawi style growth patterns (big buds) and smell fantastic lemon and hash oil malawi type smell.
You are going to come your load over those genetics every pheno I grow is amazing.
I have also a fem Panama which has just started to produce resin and it also smells amazing, musky and floral and bodes very well for a super good high.
The stand out is a Panama x Malawi that I cant get enough off its buds are massive and has so much resin I stick to it when working in the grow box.
The smell is a mix of sweet lemon and funky musk its going to be magic I just know it.
Please keep us posted on your grow you are going to have amazing plants that is for sure.
Once they start to flower you will be able to tell by the smells alone, I reckon all the phenos will blow your mind I just love them all.
Tangwena

THCMAN

It and the GT's were fast to flower and so far easy to grow.
Tangwena[/quote]

Hi Tangwena
ah..good to know as I´m going to grow them next!
how long do you veg your ladies?
So happy to find a shop selling the tamales corps fresh at any time to check out your african curing method...!:)

cheers mate THC

Latest posts

Latest posts