What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr, here it goes ....

GROWING TIPS

It can be grown indoors with strong light intensity and with enough space for its development.

We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering. Very suitable for SOG crops due to its great yield in the main cola, or for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Outdoors, it is especially suitable for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates, although it can be cultivated with very good results in warm coastal climates of mild autumn (similar to the Mediterranean) up to latitudes close to 43º. We recommend moderate levels of nutrients for the whole cycle, slightly softer with nitrogen.

JustGrowing420

My panama haze plants started flowering!
I though it would be appropriate to post some photos here also.
Stem rub is lemon-menthol-pine to my best effort of describing.
First buds on some have that skunky-lemon panama smell I remember from the pure line.
First day of week 4 11.5/12.5 (42d total):

#1,2,3

fetch

#4,5,6

fetch

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Definitely a nice smoke with some power. I think the purple haze x Malawi might have the edge, but they are both strong. I sampled both today and was chagrined to find a couple of mold spots on my pH x Malawi, but it seemed to be just a bud or two. Will empty the jar tomorrow and sort it out. Anyway, the Panama Haze is sweet tasting and makes me cough a bit. Got me good and ripped before making dinner.

JustGrowing420

Hi, yours looks more on the haze side of things than Syd's -which seems more balanced Panama/haze in my eyes-.

There are 6 of them, so hopefully some variation. I'm just waiting until mid flowering to post detailed photos as this is when the fun really begins.

edit: forgot to say that clones of these and purple haze malawi all rooted very easily, the last one in 12 days.
my temps were really high also 28-30c and I was worried but they didn't give me any trouble. Are sativas more eager to root?

Last edited:

El Timbo

These 2 Panama Haze fems will be getting some serious sun for the next 12+ weeks... day 1 of 12/12 today.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9489[1].JPG Views:	6 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	17905107 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9490[1].JPG Views:	6 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	17905108

Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Love them skinny leaves! I've been smoking my Panama Haze all weekend now that it has cured for a few months. I wasnt so keen on this one initially because it had a wet dog and burlap taste at first. But it has turned fruity and sweet finally and is really turning into a stellar smoke. Huge yield for me too, two big jars from one indoor plant is great from my tiny space.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
JustGrowing420 A pleasure to see you flowering 6 different Panama Haze girls :dance013:Looking perfectly healthy and very uniform!
It's a quite tropical pure sativa hybrid so it takes time to start flowering from seed, but i think you have them perfectly under control indoors.
Yes, tropical sativas are much easier to root clones than indicas. Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids clone especially well :yes:

Best wishes for the flowering stage El Timbo :wave:

Glad you have been enjoying whole weekend with her and that she is getting better and better with the cure TexasTea ;)

Have a great start of week guys

JustGrowing420

JustGrowing420 A pleasure to see you flowering 6 different Panama Haze girls :dance013:Looking perfectly healthy and very uniform!
It's a quite tropical pure sativa hybrid so it takes time to start flowering from seed, but i think you have them perfectly under control indoors.
Yes, tropical sativas are much easier to root clones than indicas. Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids clone especially well :yes:

Best wishes for the flowering stage El Timbo :wave:

Glad you have been enjoying whole weekend with her and that she is getting better and better with the cure TexasTea ;)

Have a great start of week guys

Don't have them under control at all :biggrin:

They demanded more space so I gave it to them no questions asked! :laughing:

fetch

Panama Hazes starting to smell really lovely. No exact description yet... lemon tones with other things in there....

JustGrowing420

El Timbo do you have them in a place with light deprive?
JustGrowing420 from your tent in a different room? I like these decisions, my friend.

Imagine I had the tent in that room which was a little bigger than the tent but 3m ceiling...stupid me. Removed it and added a light. Now no more height limits.

dubi the Panama Hazes have started flowering really fast compared to the others. GTs just now start after month 11.5/12.5 and a week 11/13 and the Purple haze malawis have just started accumulating some denser preflowers at the top but not officially flowering

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
that's weird to hear JustGrowing420 ... usually Golden Tiger starts faster the flowering than sativa x Oldtimer's Haze hybrids, hopefully GT catches up soon. The Panama Hazes are looking perfect at this point :) just keep doing what you are doing :yes:

JustGrowing420

that's weird to hear JustGrowing420 ... usually Golden Tiger starts faster the flowering than sativa x Oldtimer's Haze hybrids, hopefully GT catches up soon. The Panama Hazes are looking perfect at this point :) just keep doing what you are doing :yes:

Look, I have to confess and I am ashamed I didn't remember sooner, I might have mixed Panama Haze and Purple Haze Malawi while labeling on first transplant....
From this flower structure above which is similar in 4/6 plants, can you tell which one is it or is it difficult?

Maybe I should not post here until I am sure later in flowering so it won't be confusing. :spank:

edit: golden tiger is correctly labeled though.

Last edited: