What's new

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

mjcuresall

Hindsight is always 20/20... Next year, right?

Yeah, you can always do something different, but the plants don't look like they're suffering at all. :bow:

Grow on, man. Grow on!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
This thread is not dead....it's just been neglected. In answer to TF's question: I'd have to say I've taken stuff into late Oct....and absolutely into November (almost to the end of the month depending on the strain). The only limiting factor is the cold...so if it's temperate outside there's nothing prohibiting you from doing so.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
accessndx said:
This thread is not dead....it's just been neglected.
^^^Have to agree there. It's up to us to keep it going!
TF: I'm not an outdoor grower either, but I do have a large vegi garden. My suggestion to you would be to do a web search for the average date of the first killing frost for your area. Depending on your local, this could be as early as mid. Sept. or as late as mid-late Nov. Once you get w/in 2 weeks of that date, start watching your local weather religously. If you see a frost advisory before your plants are ready for harvest, take a step latter out to your plant, or make a light frame of tent poles or something... and cover them w/a sheet or tarp... It also helps to place a lot of bricks or stone around your plants that will absorb heat during the day, and release it slowly after sundown. The average date of the first killing frost in my area is Oct. 5th, but I've kept picking tomatoes well into mid Nov. Using these tricks. There's no reason to harvest early just because you're worried about frost.

accessndx

Veteran
One GOOD thing about the cold weather: it turns some nugs purple.....
So if they've got those genetics to turn color when the temp. drops....you may see something you don't necessarily see indoors.
As far as my outdoor stuff is concerned: it's historically been closeby...so if it gets TOO frosty outside I can bring the gals in. If it's some locale far away from you...and it's not easy to bring the gals in you'll have to be more cognicent of the weather overall.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Yoo everone, I figured Id come by and show my pictures of my Snow White plant grown outdoors in SJ. The day after I took the pic a deer decided to eat my plant. So shes gone now, RIP..

accessndx

Veteran
cricket....cricket....cricket.....

(deafening sound of pin dropping in background)

W

WeldFlash420

Representing the tristate to the fullest!

Representing the tristate to the fullest!

Heres some eye candy for this thread....

Apparently she's tryint to self preserve by throwing a couple of late nanners but they appear to be sterile under the scope.

And heres my Bubba Kush flowering away

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Weldflash and bennyblanco, nice ass plants Id have to say, they look great. Heres a few shots.. My 2 different plants with 2 different trainings, both PPP.

accessndx

Veteran
stoned teacher said:
New camera! Wow allows me to really see my plants!

Alright ST: spill the beans...what kinda' camera didja' get? Looking good on the closeups....
Wouldn't mind gettin' the same camera.

S

stoned teacher

$100 cheapo Canon Powershot A470....thats freehand but I have a few tripods coming soon....the Super Macro mode is sick for such a cheap camera!

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Teacher: Looks like you've got them dialed in nicely Bro! That Blowfish looks sick nasty! You still doing hydro?

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

Been a long time since I dropped in and said howdy to all of my local crew in the mid-atlantic area. Can you believe the weather we're having, and the leaves are all turning too. Had one outdoor lady growing in the yard this year that will be cut down later today or tomorrow and hung in the garage to dry for a while.

Now that I think about it, it will have to be tomorrow. Today I'm feeling "roadtrip". Think I'll roll two, get on the scooter, and head up to High Point with the camera gear.

Hope all are well and enjoying this fantastic fall. One Love. PD

:rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts