What's new

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
vintner said:
I'm just lucky to be able to grow once a year. So far haven't had much luck keepin mothers from one harvest to the next while gone of vacation and all.

I got two words for you: Emily's Garden

You can leave your moms chilling for weeks.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Yeah, our main summer vacation is usually 10 or more days long. My main problem last year (the only time I've tried to keep a mother plant) was that the person who was supposed to water my moms while we were away forgot. By the time we got back, they were pretty crispy. Thanks for all the usefull info though. The cutting I took from my current plant has rooted, and the mother went into flower last week. The cutting will be my next mom. Will do a search for Emily's Garden. Stay safe all.

Bake_McBride

Hey Fellas. I'm back again. It's been a long, hot summer and I finally got my shit together. Gonna post as much as possible to document things and hopefully continue to improve my skills. Now for some pix!!

First up is my mums, or "the survivors" as I like to call them. There's Chem DD and Straw D in front and SSSDH and 2 OG Kush S1's in the back. All 5 of these plants were in flower when I went down with an injury. The combination of neglect and the borg almost killed them. I changed back to a 24hr light schedule and prayed. These five plants are all I had left from a full set up; clones, vegging plants, and 2 full flowering rooms! I nursed them back to health and have been taking a few clones here & there, but mostly letting the plants recover. They're all ready for a good haircut.

Next up is the clones/veg area. The six rooted clones just hit the veg buckets last nite. There's an SSSDH and 2 Chem DD's on the left and 3 Straw D's on the right. Under the dome we have 8 Straw D cuts, 4 OGK S1 cuts, 1 SSSDH, 2 Chem DD and 2 Bubba Kush cuts that I recovered from a friend a few weeks ago.

And last, but not least, we have my new flower room. These are all Chem DD. that came out of my veg buckets and hit the room last nite. For some silly reason I decided to take different sized cuts. But that's OK, I'm gonna try a little experiment. I've sometimes used alfalfa tea to get a boost in veg. I'm gonna use the tea on the 3 smaller plants to see if I can get them caught up to the two larger plants and how long it takes. First time I've done a side by side, but if it works I'll make it a permanent part of my feeding regimen. Then I'll add the other chem DD plants to these 5 in a few weeks.

I know I owe a few cuts and probably more that I forgot. If anyone's been promised any of these strains, please reach out to remind me. I want to get those out sooner rather than later.

I'm a firm believer in variety and can't wait to resume collecting more cuts and starting more seeds. I'm also resuming my pollen chucking experiments. I was so close to collecting pollen from my OHazexSkunk#1 male. Hoping to have another shot at that.

I've been lurking in the shadows watching what's been going on here and over at Frank's thread. Looking forward to contributing to the community again. Stay tuned.

Bake

Bake_McBride

'Sup Tri-State? Hope everyone's having a great nite. My little experiment is underway. I dipped the 3 smallest of the 5 Chem DD ladies in an alfalfa bath tonite. Also dipped 1 each of the Chem DD, Straw D & SSSDH out of the six in the buckets. Totally submerged as much of the plants as I could. I took pics, but had technical difficulties uploading. May get to it later, but they look just like they did yesterday. I'll post update pics in a few to see how they're doing.

Bake

G

Watching the news to night we then lost another soldier in north east Philly tonight ......he had 190 plants ....14lbs ..AR-15 and three hand guns

i just hope he have a good lawyer and i mean a good lawyer

S

stoned teacher

Welcome back bake! Hope you're feeling better and glad some stuff survived.... Morning to everyone else. Crappy to hear another grower got popped.... Keep it safe and grow on all!

mjcuresall

Hey Bake, glad you're back on your feet. Could certainly use a trim in that first pic! Good luck with the experiment and nice variety, too.

It's a shame about that bust. The poor guy screwed himself with the firearms. I'm sure the prosecutor will try to make him look like a drug lord now.

Stay safe, tri-state. Peace.

Bake_McBride

Just went to 6abc.com and saw the report on the bust. It all started with a bust last week? They didn't find the guy who ran the operation? Sounds like some snitchin' going on. Everyone stay safe and remember the rules.

CF, Stoned, and mjcuresall; nice to be back. It's just like riding a bike. I'm just glad that this is one tough plant.

Bake

Bake_McBride

My little experiment is rolling along, have some pix to share, comments/critiques appreciated. Plants are doing well in their new environment, they're on autopilot, all I have to do is keep the resevoir full and foliar feed when I think about it.

It's been four days since they were dipped in the alfalfa tea. I tried to take the same pix so we could compare apples to apples, but the most recent overhead shot has two more plants in the pic, another chem dd at the top middle and a Straw D in the middle row. Not sure if you'll be able to judge the height from these pics, but check the footprint of the dipped plants; you can really see how much the plants have grown out compared to the two biggest ones that weren't dipped.

7/31

8/4

I've had times when this has worked and times when it hasn't done much. Seems to work pretty good with the Chem DD.

7/31

The dipped plant on the lower left side is almost the same height as the big ones. The dipped ones in the lower middle and on the upper right are still ~2" away.

8/4

I'll check back in a couple of days and give an update, with better pics I hope. Depending on how things look, I may dip the smaller ones again to see if I can catch them up. I've already dipped the Straw D twice, so we'll see how she reacts. It's still early, but I like what I see so far.

Bake

accessndx

Veteran
Bake: what are those crazy cool rocks you're using in the pots? I'm using hydroton, and it's all homogenous circular red spheres.....but I'm digging the look of the bigger rustic looking stuff you got those gals wedged in. They look sturdy and obviously re-usable. What are they? Where'd you get em'? I'm digging the whole feng-shui ebb and flow setup you got there too...real nice and clean look to the whole thing. I've always loved ebb & flow....it's so turnkey and easy to manage.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look like lava rocks to me.
i bought 10 bags of these from the home depot last year.
it was for my bio bucket adventure thaty never took off.
just plain ole bar-b-q rocks from what i can tell.

mjcuresall

Hey Bake, you said you've done it before, but where did you get the idea to dip the whole plant in alfalfa tea? Is the tea just a nitrogen boost?

Thanks for that link to the story about that bust. Curious to note was how both the article and video refer to the grow lights as 'heat lamps'. Makes you wonder if it was intentional or genuine stupidity...

And yeah, that medium looks like plain ol' lava rock.

Last edited:

accessndx

Veteran
Since I have no experience with using lava rocks, I'm going to assume that it would obviously be a "non-reactive" medium....(ie-the runoff doesn't create nutrient or pH problems...) therefore would be just as efficacious as hydroton and interchangable. I like my hydroton because it's essentially a no-brainer. I can wash it, reuse it.....it's the medium that lasts forever and is the pinnacle of recyclability. However those Lava rocks look like they might provide better stabilization of plants without a "SCROG" (screen) scaffold, or without stakes....

Bake_McBride

accessndx, thanks for the compliment on my grow. It's so easy to set up and operate. Those are indeed lava rocks. Unlike CF's 10 bags, these were actually used in bio-buckets, which is why they have a crusty looking salt buildup that I should've washed off. If you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit lazy.:joint: I use hydroton, too and I have to admit that I like the lava rocks better. Like you said, they definitely stabilize the plant better and my hydroton gets all over the place. They roll around and get under shit, and the worst is stepping on 'em. Then I have to sweep again. Not fun.

mjcuresall, the idea to dip the plants came from a thread on CW many moons ago. The 3LB's have a thread on it here. Not only is it a N boost, but it also contains a plant hormone called Triacontanol (sp) that stimulates plant growth, especially in veg. It definitely works, not sure with all strains, but I've had success with it. I've also outgrown my space using the stuff and forced a plant to start vegetative growth in the middle of flowering. That's what made me stop using it; that and the smell. After a few days, it's smells awful.

The bust is just another example of the same old shit, different toilet. I think the mention of heat lamps was Stupidity more than anything intentional. They really don't have a clue.

Here's another bust in our backyard; Cumberland County, NJ. They make it seem like they're out there saving the world, keeping us safe from the evil plant while murders go unsolved.:crazy: Everyone please, obey the rules and stay safe.

Bake

Last edited:

accessndx

Veteran
Bake_McBride said:
Here's another bust in our backyard; Cumberland County, NJ. They make it seem like they're out there saving the world, keeping us safe from the evil plant while murders go unsolved.:crazy: Everyone please, obey the rules and stay safe.

Bake

That's so f-ing lame. How do they come up with those ridiculous $ amounts?
$36,000.00?!?!?!!?!? It was a few plants. You'd think the fuzz would have something more productive to do than bust some middle agers that grow grapes, apples, other assorted plants....and a few pot plants. WTF. When is someone going to slap some sense into the govt.? Isn't it supposed to be a govt. for the people by the people? Aren't they supposed to represent the interests of the people who've hired them?
It's so ridiculous that I want to throw up everytime I hear/see anything like this. Every single cop that took part in that bust should end up with some horrible disease. Now these poor peeps have a fucked up record and will probably have all kinds of seizure issues with the house....maybe social services because there are kids that live there.....
However, it would be perfectly legal for those two adults to go get hammered at a bar...come home and suck down oxycontin and smoke a whole pack of cigarettes in the kid's bedroom....and society thinks that's o.k..
What a f*cked up world we live in.
The best thing however is the train of comments after that post.....not a single one in support of the cops. All peeps saying pretty much the same thing: get a clue...stop going after people with over the top measures for some green. Helicopters...police dogs....swat teams....WTF...it's a couple of 40-something people trying to mind their own business and live their lives.

R

Raistlin Majere

Henry said that on the property was a little foot bridge, and a little fish pond, leading into the lush garden.

sounds like my future backyard

"You could walk right by here and smell it," Henry said, pointing out graffiti on the road indicating that kids hang around there.

"Anything over 10 plants is a first degree crime," Henry said, pointing out they believe children also reside at the property. "It's unnerving that this is the environment kids grow up in nowadays."

what a shame :badday: those kids probably just thought it was a pretty flower daddy grew
god forbid i ever get caught, they will say the same things about me
and i love my children so much

:badday: :fsu: :badday: :fsu: :badday: :fsu: :badday: :fsu: :badday:
i wonder if the day will come when people stop believing the lies fed to them by the police and others in a position of leadership
what a damn shame, i feel so sad for those people

Latest posts

Latest posts