What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

p90x

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
my brain always links to the p90 for half a second when I read the name of the program
p90.jpg

Is there a link between the names ?

no but i really want that gun...

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
always reminds me of Call of Duty 4, that was my favorite gun, silenced, creepin around the map annihilating the whole team.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
hehe yeah its just little conscious choices like that that can make or break ya though. If you're really consistent with the working out and being active, you can totally get away with it once in a while, but if its your go to choice it just makes ya need to work out twice as much.

I got that flu that was going around about the same time I started cutting out liquor/sodas (minus a lil sip here or there) and I dropped 5 lbs of crap weight in a week.

I'm actually trying to gain about 20 more lbs and be around the 215/220 area and be a bit more cut. Hardgaining sucks.

aw brother ive eaten so much shit food like in & out stoned off my ass for years. now that i cant smoke weed im so productive and have so much extra time on my hands (( never realized how much time out of my day i spent rolling joints, packing bongs and stacking hash loads...)) and without weed i dont eat nearly as much or as often and im much more prone to boil some vegetables and bbq pork loin chops then drive to get mexican food or a triple triple xtra onion...

and with getting my 2nd dui i wont have my license back for at least a year so if i have to go somewhere it will be on my bike and since i dont drink alone and i cant drive to the bars that nearly ends my alcohol consumption.

up until this point ive never been mentally dedicated to peak physical fitness. but now its ALL i think about. no more drugs. no more boozing. no more shit food. from here on out its all about crushing p90 workouts and healthy eating. its the first time since high school ive really been excited and serious about my workout regiment...

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
you'll crush it then.

I run on the beach, well, used to and need to pick it back up again :biglaugh: great way to get lower impact cardio with some nice views on both sides ;)

dunno if you've got the space but an outdoor veggie garden is good stuff too. I'm actually gonna go pull some stuff this morning and juice it up. A handful of carrots, toss a beet (tops and all) in there, spike it with some apple juice to make it taste better and I've got a healthy organic and cheap breakfast supplement. I'm trying to get more veggies and plant based stuff in my diet as I think thats one of my culprits.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
p-90x will smoke you. Especially when you are first starting out. I do it for two months and then rotate back into my normal weight lifting split routine.

I like p90 as a change of pace from normal weight lifting and cardio. It helps keep everything fresh.

I use the stretching and yoga CD all year long. Love both of them.

If you don't know a lot about proper nutrition the book that comes with it and their meal plan is pretty good. Has some decent recipes.

All in all I think it's a great program and in time you'll learn to customize it for what you want.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as post workout recovery goes I can't recommend Universal's Torrent enough. I've tried tons of them and this is by far my favorite. Creatine, good amount of carbs, and plenty of protein.

LaiuSYeQ6r-DGBJbcbmtEOW9vs2io4w2p6em_dJrdtYQBA_lEl_E74xTxhdIZdTJlmhxgcbuM8W8mL-sxy7_t0uFOJvGaX-DATl2LzHhBICo8Mm9sh3DAL6PX_S-ExPbaq5BVyVpT-S_iC-GHocR1QEs76Uj6ibTKEcetdG6waNGL9jpXeaFga4iN6hqSWsPwy8z3g

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woo supplement talk, yay hehe... I'm a big fan of the ON Natural line, the Oats & Whey and the Whey protein. No artificial sweeteners and stuff, which to me is a big deal. I hate the taste of any product with sucralose as the sweetener, which is almost everything nowadays.

optimum-nutrition-natural-products.jpg

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't know ON had a "Natural" line. I use to use regular ON Whey because of the price and it had a decent taste.

Lately I've switched over to Syntrax Matrix.
300.jpg

Not sure if it has sucralose sweetener in it. Probably does. Has 2g of sugar per serving. I like the taste and have had good results with it.

I'll have to check out the ON Oats and Whey. That would make for a good breakfast shake. I use to supplement with Casein before I went to sleep, now I stick to eating egg whites and a glass of milk for my last meal of the day.

I've started researching some on intermittent fasting too. Haven't quite made the jump yet. I'm used to the 5 meals a day thing and have always had good results with it.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Woo supplement talk, yay hehe... I'm a big fan of the ON Natural line, the Oats & Whey and the Whey protein. No artificial sweeteners and stuff, which to me is a big deal. I hate the taste of any product with sucralose as the sweetener, which is almost everything nowadays.

optimum-nutrition-natural-products.jpg

HELL YA!!!

i fuckes with the Casein...

several of my trainers said Casein is the best for your body to absorb the most protein. i also use it for meal replacements when im to busy to grab anything...

peanut butter chocolate and vanilla for the mother fucking win!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
HELL YA!!!

i fuckes with the Casein...

several of my trainers said Casein is the best for your body to absorb the most protein. i also use it for meal replacements when im to busy to grab anything...

peanut butter chocolate and vanilla for the mother fucking win!

whats up with all that. ive never used supplements. always figured it was just alot of hype ( like rez genetics ) hahahha

krunchbubble

Veteran
whats up with all that. ive never used supplements. always figured it was just alot of hype ( like rez genetics ) hahahha

LMAO about REZ!!!

there not supplements...

just a for sure way to take in the protein you need....

best thing is that they taste SO FUCKING GOOD, so its kind of like a cheat meal, but its not.....

i use them when i have sugar cravings and for desserts as well....

think ill make one RIGHT NOW!!

BigDawg

it's best to get most of your protein and stuff from food of course..

You shouldn't drink a lot of whey protein. 2 servings a day is ok. The casein protein is mainly to drink right before bed. Take a basic multivitamin daily as well. A bit of creatine is good too. Products with whey protein in it are good for pre and post work outs.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
it's best to get most of your protein and stuff from food of course..

You shouldn't drink a lot of whey protein. 2 servings a day is ok. The casein protein is mainly to drink right before bed. Take a basic multivitamin daily as well. A bit of creatine is good too. Products with whey protein in it are good for pre and post work outs.

do vitamins really help? i figure taht was another one of those bullshit things like "emergen-c"

BigDawg

Yeah vitamins help. You have to take them everyday though and be consistent or else you won't notice any benefits. You don;t need a multi with tons of stuff in it. Just a basic one for men. Unless you eat lots of whole foods and proper meat, and lots of veggies, fruits then you aren't getting enough of the right vitamins daily.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most supplements are junk.

A good whey protein/post workout drink is the most important IMO.

If you are looking to build muscle you have to take in quite a bit of clean calories and protein. A shake here and there helps you keep your diet dialed in.

What real food you eat by far the most important. If that's not dialed in supplements won't do much of anything.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Krunch, trainers really told you that? You know that's some bullshit right? The only difference with casein and whey is that casein is digested slowly and whey super-quick. Both of them will make you puffy and hold water, though. For those you of who can tolerate it, liquid egg whites to the head are the best liquid protein, hands down and it's far cheaper than the supps. I think they're something like 18 grams of protein per tablespoon. Save your $$$

praisehim.

Veteran
bht- fuck the supplements bro. eat eggwhites, tuna,chicken and lots of greens ! i recommend starting 3:1 carbs/protein then slowly upping your protein the more tolerant you become to the p90 workouts.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
interesting thread, hippies be gettin in bikini wearing shape
dont forget to shave around the edges !

krunchbubble

Veteran
Krunch, trainers really told you that? You know that's some bullshit right? The only difference with casein and whey is that casein is digested slowly and whey super-quick. Both of them will make you puffy and hold water, though. For those you of who can tolerate it, liquid egg whites to the head are the best liquid protein, hands down and it's far cheaper than the supps. I think they're something like 18 grams of protein per tablespoon. Save your $$$

yup, this is what my last trainer wrote...
"If you eat whey, your insulin level spike. If you eat casein, it doesn’t. But eating casein does cause your IGF-1 level to rise significantly. Whey also goes through the body to quickly, and your body cant absorb it as it should."

Here is my former trainer...