What's new

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome idea!! Gonna make me a batch soon... i would recommend areas aint too dry. Especially by streams and ponds...

:smoweed:

bongcritter

Awesome thread...Too bad I already used the bagseed I had just to start my first grow...I still am havin trouble solving the issue of acquiring a safe addresss to have legit seeds sent to! But I should have this solved by the fall and maybe I'll be seed bombing in 2010....thanks for the info

P

phr3d0m2gr0

I'll pop some seeds in a month or so to try to get some male's for pollen. Then I can bomb next spring hopefully. It would be nice if I could make it an annual tradition, seed bomb at least X amount of times a year.

Also how many people have actually bombed so far this year? What kind of crazy places did you do it?

I remember reading about this guy who would seed bomb all over the place. One of his tips was to cut a hole in the pocket of a pair of pants and just drop the seed bomb through the plant leg. This would allow you to drop in even more places without worrying about getting caught too much.

-Phr3

obZen

I'm in oregon, where, as you might imagine, are lot's of clear cuts that sit for years before there replanted, if ever....Thanks for sharing this idea....

You're not the only one.

Everyone should be getting ready to OVER-GROW next season. Get to breeding this winter!

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that you seed-bomb front yards of people who would happily grow some hemp.
Or abandoned homes, owned by Banks who don't care. It would be a shame for them to get charged for growing.
Or churches and police stations and crooked politicians with automated sprinkler systems. That would be wrong. :joint:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
This 'idea' comes up all the time and its never any better than when it originated. The only good marijuana plant is the one thats well cared for. No one ever changed anyones opinion about marijuana by putting plants where they werent wanted. The only thing stray plants do is cause a nuisanace for everyone around them. Fairly naive to think with as many growers as there is everywhere that you are the only one growing outdoors for hundreds of miles from other growers. Even the most meager of statistics will put a few outdoor growers easily within pollen blowing distance of each other.

How would you feel having your indoor crop busted cause some dope head thought it would be a good idea to 'seed bomb' on your private property and leo finds it before you do? Not cool at all.

G

Guest 26753

Thanks Verity, but here in Australia there is a lot of remote land. 7,617,930 SQ KM in fact. I am sure that seed bombs placed in areas that are remote will work. Do you live in a country that has no remote areas? Be smart and this idea will work - and work far better than a two legged horse lol

RussCargill

Wow this is a great idea. I am going to be passing it along for sure. I personally used to eat my bagseed. Now I am going to start saving up and make a seed run. The ditches along the highways where I live stay pretty wet late to the summer. Would be plenty of moisture to get them at least into peoples view.

I know that the outdoor growers might not like there crop getting hit with more pollen. Yet this would probably only shift the outdoor market into a hash market. I dont know about elsewhere. But here in the US we surely dont have enough hash.

Another positive point in heavy farming areas. These plants would be helping take up fertilizer runoff.

I am not to sure that getting people's indoor grows busted. As long as you are taking care of your indoor grow the way you are supposed to be. Then there shouldn't be any reason for LEO to suspect you other than the outdoor plants that you were clueless about. We are talking about plants in plain site. Not plants in manicured plots. Although I do feel for the concern.

JWP

I remember sitting there baked watching Guerrilla Gardeners about 4 of us all at the same time said we should do this with pot seeds lol.

Yeah it could be harmful to some growers but i remember an incident in the
80's where some dudes chucked a couple bucket loads of seeds into a river in sydney and there were plants all up and down the river lol. It must of taken alot of heat off growers in the area because the cops were busy all summer long lol.

Miss direction is a very powerful technique just look at 911 :abduct:

G

Guest 26753

Thanks again for the suppport of this idea. So long as remote areas are targeted, I see this having a huge impact if others do it also.
Spread the word.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
hey ya no what I tryed this this summer but I didn't see but 5 of 100 midgrade seeds planted grew.
But only 1 was female and is now curing in me jars.

cant wate to try it agen next summer.

cashmunny

Wouldn't whatever you planted revert back to hemp in the wild after enough generations? The grown stand of cannabis is going to be inbreeding with it's immediate neighbor plants year after yea.

It would be an amazing feat if human beings could change the evolutionary path of wild hemp cannabis to go from being just a fiber and seed crop to being a fiber and seed crop that also gets you faded. Someone with more knowledge about plant genetics should chime in.

I'm not sure feminized seeds are a good idea. I would think you would want to maximize the chance of pollination, even if it's by inbreeding.

I would think the percent that grow to adulthood would be pretty low also, because you are basically just feeding the birds by tossing seed on the ground.

Che

Veteran
It's actually very difficult to breed "hemp" cannabis with no THC content. The seed bombs would only make that harder, as we are re-introducing drug strain cannabis into the wild selection.. adding potency.

sito007

I SEEN ON YOUTUBE SOME GUYS HAD THOUSANDS OF SEEDS AND PUT ABOUT FIVE OR TEN IN PAPER TOWELS AND TIED WITH BALLOONS , LET THOSE BALLOONS FLY ALL IN DIFFRENT DIRECTIONS AND ONCE THE BALLOONS POP THE PAPER LANDS SOMEHWERE WAITING TO GET RAIN WATER ON IT, i THINK THIS COULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO ORGANIZE AND ONE DATE EVERYONE TRIES THIS AND CALL IT OPERATION SEED POP
WHAT YA THINK LOL ,

Joe Hawkins

years ago I used to plant seeds in bushy areas along the sides of roads, this was done just for kicks, but then found it a useful way of outdoor cultivation, as they never got discovered.
years later I met a grower who did exactly the same thing, I gave him a bag of durban poison seeds from sensi seeds to put to the test, out of ten 3 survived and grew 9 feet tall, yielding nearly 3 pounds, the plants were one of a kind, that picturesque sativa with with buds plotted along the branch.

cashmunny

I thought the genes for THC production were recessive so all you would do is introduce low THC heterozygotes into the wild? Am I wrong about the recessive part?

G

Guest 26753

It's actually very difficult to breed "hemp" cannabis with no THC content. The seed bombs would only make that harder, as we are re-introducing drug strain cannabis into the wild selection.. adding potency.

Che, in most cases here in Australia and most other countries around the world. there are NO wild stands of cannabis. I have thrown seed bombs in areas of Australia where the nearest hemp/cannabis plant would be 1000 miles away!
I think we need to be not so nay saying, and look to how this can benefit us all. Wild stands of NEW strains cropping up everywhere are exactly what this is all about, and who knows mate, but there may well be a winner in the seed bomb babies.

cashmunny

I would think that because of the low rate of survival to adulthood of broadcast sown seeds, you would need tons of seed to make a significant impact.

I'd like to see an airdrop. Like using a crop duster plane or helicopter take 50 kilo sacks of seeds and spread them over rugged hiking trail areas in state and national parks. They would be a PITA to eradicate and many hikers would be pleasantly suprized.

Just make sure that if you take flying lessons and tell them you want to be a crop duster that you aren't of Arab descent.

Or even better, use genetic engineering to introduce the genes for THC production into a real tenacious plant like kudzoo.

Latest posts

Latest posts