What's new

Overgrow.com any of the OG's in the house?

Kryptonite

...... sure would be nice to see ~shabang~ enter the stage! :shucks: :love::cool:
Sure would. I've always liked him. He probably wouldn't be very happy with me though. When RC shut him out he wanted me to let him in a back door and I just couldn't do that. He sold control of the site to Hratch and that's the way it was.

CharlesU Farley

I had to send shabang $6000 per year to advertise seedsdirect on Overgrow - so know his real name - and flew out to the west coast to meet him and Overgrow member Nebuchadnezzar from the UK a coupla times - back in the day - a couple of goodfellers they were -
After I burned out in my medical career (since I had a strong affinity to computers) I researched, learned, and ended up using quite a bit of "Internet security" in my new career, especially on the mainframe and internet side... RACF and ACF2, Checkpoint, that sort of thing.

I knew when OT1, and especially shabang, ain't going to do the tildes I'm doing voice dictation... were developing OG, people were fucking going to get busted.

But he / they were making money, so everything was cool.

One of the many reasons I declined a participate.

Kryptonite

Gypsy. Near the end, there were advertisers paying more than that per month.

Charles. I don't know of anyone or have ever heard of anyone that was busted through OG other than RC/Hratch and two others that worked for him. The RCMP didn't care about the average member, they just wanted RC's money and those Kilo gold bars. ALL IP's and Passwords on OG were encrypted, I didn't even have access to them, and I had access to everything.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Charles. I don't know of anyone or have ever heard of anyone that was busted through OG other than RC/Hratch and two others that worked for him. The RCMP didn't care about the average member, they just wanted RC's money and those Kilo gold bars. ALL IP's and Passwords on OG were encrypted, I didn't even have access to them, and I had access to everything.
Yeah - true that - I didn't hear of anyone but Bagdadilan (think that was RC's surname) - getting busted over Overgrow - in all its 6 years of operation - before it was taken down - even met RC in Montreal Canada - served me coffee and cake at his cafe' - seemed like a nice fella - 😉

Kryptonite

Yeah - true that - I didn't hear of anyone but Bagdadilan (think that was RC's surname) - getting busted over Overgrow - in all its 6 years of operation - before it was taken down - even met RC in Montreal Canada - served me coffee and cake at his cafe' - seemed like a nice fella - 😉
Yes, Hratch Bagdadlian.
I kept in touch with him until his trial. He was court ordered not to have any contact with people like us. lol
He seemed like a really nice guy. Good business man for sure. He had them by the ass, he paid taxes on his sales as a legal business so the state was partially complicit. They couldn't get him for tax evasion. lol

CharlesU Farley

My memory is quite a bit different, it wasn't the RMCP that was the problem, it was the DEA. Y'all have no fucking earthly idea how many IP addresses were logged while you were posting shit on OG.

The DEA couldn't bust anybody based on their IP addresses, but they could sure as shit let local LEO's know who was posting all those fucking beautiful cannabis pictures.

And guess what they did, especially here in the US? You don't need a warrant to bust people who have one headlight dimmer than the other.

OG was a _honey pot_ for the DEA to get the IP addresses of everybody who was posting those big beautiful bud shots.

And I'm not even going to speculate on who flipped, but there was a whole mess of US assholes that rather than doing time, ratted out a lot of BC people.

But hey, I'm an old fuck, and my memory is fading fast, what the fuck do I know?

Last edited:

Kryptonite

My memory is quite a bit different, it wasn't the RMCP that was the problem, it was the DEA. Y'all have no fucking earthly idea how many IP addresses were logged while you were posting shit on OG.

The DEA couldn't bust anybody based on their IP addresses, but they could sure as shit let local LEO's know who was posting all those fucking beautiful cannabis pictures.

And guess what they did, especially here in the US? You don't need a warrant to bust people who have one headlight dimmer than the other.

And I'm not even going to speculate on who flipped, but there was a whole mess of US assholes that rather than doing time, ratted out a lot of BC people.

But hey, I'm an old fuck, and my memory is fading fast, what the fuck do I know?

As Admin, I was extremely freaked out at the time. I had a 1 year old, was shitting my pants. lol
I've never been contacted by Any type of authority U.S. or Canadian. I was both shocked and quite relieved.
Like I said, I have been since and am still in daily contact with much of the old Moderation and Admin crew and absolutely none of them have either.

CharlesU Farley

As Admin, I was extremely freaked out at the time. I had a 1 year old, was shitting my pants. lol
I've never been contacted by Any type of authority U.S. or Canadian. I was both shocked and quite relieved.
Like I said, I have been since and am still in daily contact with much of the old Moderation and Admin crew and absolutely none of them have either.
Congratulations, like you, I've never been busted. As my WWII POW father used to drill into my head... "if you can't do the time, don't commit the crime."

But guess what, it wasn't the Admins who were targeted.

Kryptonite

Congratulations, like you, I've never been busted. As my WWII POW father used to drill into my head... "if you can't do the time, don't commit the crime."

But guess what, it wasn't the Admins who were targeted.
Why wouldn't we be? At the time I figured I'd be target #2.5. LOL I was posting gorgeous pics of the latest strains that I was growing. I sent seed by the thousands all over the world. I sent and received Bud, clones, cookies and other edibles to and from much of the Moderation, Mentor and Membership. Gypsy used my pics on the TV in the window of his shop in Amsterdam when it opened, probably "Sweet Tooth" at the time. I had some Gorgeous pics of that. I was living in a state that cannabis was illegal in. I was in contact with several, I guess one could say "prominent" people in the industry. I was the perfect example for the DEA.
NADA, Nothing.

CharlesU Farley

Why wouldn't we be? At the time I figured I'd be target #2.5. LOL I was posting gorgeous pics of the latest strains that I was growing. I sent seed by the thousands all over the world. I sent and received Bud, clones, cookies and other edibles to and from much of the Moderation, Mentor and Membership. Gypsy used my pics on the TV in the window of his shop in Amsterdam when it opened, probably "Sweet Tooth" at the time. I had some Gorgeous pics of that. I was living in a state that cannabis was illegal in. I was in contact with several, I guess one could say "prominent" people in the industry. I was the perfect example for the DEA.
NADA, Nothing.
Because you weren't the target, it was the thousands of users who logged in and posted pics.

Again, Google the term honey pot.

I know OG is like the fucking Temple of Heaven here on IGMag, but it was a magnet for LEO's, especially around the new millennium.

Hope the Millennial fucks that make so much fun of us Boomers get a chuckle out of that!

Kryptonite

I liked Columbo as well.
If they wanted me it would have been so easy for them. I hadn't a clue about internet security at the time and basically had none. You would think they would have had me from my contact with "High Times Magazine".
I was growing over 100 plants when OG went down.
To win the first OverGrow T-shirt I posted a pic of me wearing one in the local Police station parking lot. LOL
I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to prove to me that people were busted as a result of their interaction with OG. I've been lurking since and have never heard of anyone that has.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I knew a lot of OG folks, had many visit me and stay in my home and never heard of anyone that got busted on OG...not saying there weren't some folks that got popped but none that I knew of...

Latest posts

Latest posts