What's new

Overgrow.com any of the OG's in the house?

Kryptonite

As admin of the original OverGrow.com I was the youngin' of the group. I never posted in the old farts forum out of respect for the "old farts". LOL
But here I am. 19+ years later. I now "qualify" LOL
Some of the old crew is gone,, "good friends" and I miss them dearly.
Any of the old heads still posting here?

If not, Hello anywho. Good to make your acquaintance .

Attachments

• DSCN1784.JPG
    DSCN1784.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 137

CharlesU Farley

As admin of the original OverGrow.com I was the youngin' of the group. I never posted in the old farts forum out of respect for the "old farts". LOL
But here I am. 19+ years later. I now "qualify" LOL
Some of the old crew is gone,, "good friends" and I miss them dearly.
Any of the old heads still posting here?

If not, Hello anywho. Good to make your acquaintance .
If you are who you say you are, tell me all you know about ~shabang~ and OT1 that can't be Googled. What was the original cannabis based forum that began, _before_ OG and who were the participants there that developed OG?

Were you on alt.drugs.pot.cultivation? Tell me what you know about that. What was your nym there?

My Bullshit Detector is pegged in the red on reading your post, from someone who was actually there, when OG was developed.

Kryptonite

If you are who you say you are, tell me all you know about ~shabang~ and OT1 that can't be Googled. What was the original cannabis based forum that began, _before_ OG and who were the participants there that developed OG?

Were you on alt.drugs.pot.cultivation? Tell me what you know about that. What was your nym there?

My Bullshit Detector is pegged in the red on reading your post, from someone who was actually there, when OG was developed.
Did you used to go by Chucky U Farley? I don't know you personally, but Thank You for your early efforts in the crafting of the idea that was Overgrow.
I'm not going to post personal information of others here, I know ~S~ name. I LIVED OverGrow at the time, that's why ~Shabang~ made me admin when Angry Dyke, or was it, Erliquin stepped down, prior to that I was Moderator and Super Moderator. There were two admins, OldPink and myself. Whatever. When OG went down I registered TeamOverGrow aka TOG. I already owned a copy of vbforum and was using it for a gardening site I had, and had all of the old OG images, so I created a clone of the original Overgrow from it and had a place for most of the former staff to gather. Over the years I have stayed in touch with and have become very good friends with most of the OG SuperMods and Mods. They know who I am, what I am, I've broken bread wit them, I''ve slept in their homes and they have slept in mine. Hell, Gunny parked his camper at my place for a few weeks while he helped me get started in my greenhouse business. My old Overgrow friends know my address, have my phone number, many have met my family and I theirs. They know me by a few different names, but my closest friends call me Krypto or just ~Duane~.
You could also ask the owner of this site, he's been a good friend since @1999. I've been a member here since before my registration date. I actually wrote a six page article for the first ever in print ICMag. I was a member here before it came online.

Kryptonite

It's always good to see you as well Gypsy. It's a shame that we've never gotten the chance to meet in person after all of these years and escapades. Do you still own the shop in Amsterdam? I've always wanted to sit with you and Old Pink there to have a puff and a beverage.
After OG was stolen by the RCMP Some of us were extremely nervous. As Admin, I expected a knock on the door for a long time, but fortunately nothing came from it. I've got no worries now, it's finally legal for personal use here in Ohio. I was on here and about the net last evening looking for some of the old strains, checking out Sensi Seeds page, much to my surprise they still have the original strains that I used to create the Kryptonite. These new strains don't do much for me, boasting 30% THC and barely give me a buzz. I picked up a few at a local dispensary a couple of days ago, Lemon Slushee, Lemon Dosidos, and Loud. Loud has a fantastic flavour to it, none are up to par as far as strength goes. The Blue Dream that I grew this past year, pictured above, taste great but is disappointing in the potency department. I'm probably gonna twist up a Dosidos here this morning. :) I wish I still had some of those Blue Moonbeam I sent you back in the day, certainly the most potent I've had in years.
Before OG there was just a bunch of the old heads on an IRC channel led by AE77. I wasn't part of that group, I was introduced to some of them through Tommy. RIP my Good Friend.

CharlesU Farley

And as always - it's good to still see you about Krypto - and Weedbase was the predecessor of Overgrow - that must be around 25 years past -

Oh - and since I was the first ever sponsor of Overgrow - I knew and met shabang on a couple of occasions - and still know his real name -
I bought a 10-pack of Sensi seeds Northern Lights from you when OG first started and you were kind of a subforum admin of the seed section. Whole lot easier to get seeds here in the US that came from Britain rather than the Netherlands or British Columbia. ;)

I turned those 10 seeds into SouthEast Lights:

1000009270.jpg

Wouldn't have been possible without you, thanks!!!!

And you're correct that Weedbase was the precursor to OG but Vic High's BCGA website was the first truly interactive web-based forum for cannabis and OT1 took a lot that he learned from Vic to OG.

Without OT1, OG doesn't exist

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's always good to see you as well Gypsy. It's a shame that we've never gotten the chance to meet in person after all of these years and escapades. Do you still own the shop in Amsterdam? I've always wanted to sit with you and Old Pink there to have a puff and a beverage.
After OG was stolen by the RCMP Some of us were extremely nervous. As Admin, I expected a knock on the door for a long time, but fortunately nothing came from it. I've got no worries now, it's finally legal for personal use here in Ohio. I was on here and about the net last evening looking for some of the old strains, checking out Sensi Seeds page, much to my surprise they still have the original strains that I used to create the Kryptonite. These new strains don't do much for me, boasting 30% THC and barely give me a buzz. I picked up a few at a local dispensary a couple of days ago, Lemon Slushee, Lemon Dosidos, and Loud. Loud has a fantastic flavour to it, none are up to par as far as strength goes. The Blue Dream that I grew this past year, pictured above, taste great but is disappointing in the potency department. I'm probably gonna twist up a Dosidos here this morning. :) I wish I still had some of those Blue Moonbeam I sent you back in the day, certainly the most potent I've had in years.
Before OG there was just a bunch of the old heads on an IRC channel led by AE77. I wasn't part of that group, I was introduced to some of them through Tommy. RIP my Good Friend.
Ya - we never did have a meet up Krypto - but like many online names - I must have known you online for ages - oldpink has always been close to me. - as a friend and confidant for a long long time - and he let's me know from time to time that the old Overgrow crew is still about - well or not - for t'was an interesting 6 years - and we all made many friends thru that site - had many laughs and a whole lotta fun - until the RCMP took Overgrow down - sadly - then growers scattered - like fresh pollen in the wind - it was all paranoia - as many 'Ducked and Covered' -.understandably - Quite a few ended up here on ICMAG - but I felt kinda uncomfortable benefiting from OG's demise - it was such a great site to us in its hey day - plus I lost a whole gallery of unbacked-up photos/images -

Now today - I look back nostalgically to those often crazy times - was travelling alot in those days internationally - and I would always log in and make articles/posts of where I was - and what I was up to -

Not since 2008 have I had a shop in Amsterdam - these days I'm a stay at home Dad - so most of my time is spent in the local area I live in - and I'm not running shops no more - too much stress for me - lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I bought a 10-pack of Sensi seeds Northern Lights from you when OG first started and you were kind of a subforum admin of the seed section. Whole lot easier to get seeds here in the US that came from Britain rather than the Netherlands or British Columbia. ;)

I turned those 10 seeds into SouthEast Lights:

View attachment 18941249

Wouldn't have been possible without you, thanks!!!!

And you're correct that Weedbase was the precursor to OG but Vic High's BCGA website was the first truly interactive web-based forum for cannabis and OT1 took a lot that he learned from Vic to OG.

Without OT1, OG doesn't exist
Oh yeah - of course there was Vic High's British Columbia Growers Association site - and I actually met up with Vic once on one of my excursions to Vancouver - he gave me some Romberry and I think it was Killer Queen - was sooo out of it as usual - on Cloud Ten -

OT1 came and visited me once or twice here in England - now that guy had some fantastic haze/sativa - nice old chap too - we had a cuppa tea and a great spliff together - if my memory serves me right -

Those Sensi Seeds Northern Lights were a good choice to make back then - if you wanted to grow some outstanding 'erb

Kryptonite

There is an invite Only group on Facebook with several of the original cast there. I believe that Vic High passed away a couple years ago? OT1 was an integral part in the creation of Overgrow, but the truth is it took many people. It took ~S genius coding, the admin and moderator staff, a couple dozen Mentors, and a few hundred/thousand content creators, photo posters and good conversationalist.
Yes, the good ol' days of reading about your travels in Thailand, I always looked forward to the next episode. It's how I met Marky, your tour guide. He gifted me a couple of bone pipes and I went on about how he should start making and selling them. Then he went into business making bamboo bongs which he sold here at ICMag. I still have my bamboo bong which he engraved Kryptonite "Super Moderator". By the time I received the bong I was made Admin.
Someone had to pick up the torch, we all thank you for keeping a backroom here for us to get together after OG. A few years ago I noticed that room disappeared. Losing some content here was a damn shame also. That's why most of our registration dates were reset. I lost all of my content that was posted here before that I believe. No worries about that guy anymore, his greed and Silk Road led him to a place he'll not be returning from anytime soon.
I've been doing the same as you Gypsy, mine is grown now and I need to find something to occupy my time. I'm currently considering going into a Cannabis related business. I've been contacted by a backer that wants to go into the compliance side of the industry. They are currently speaking to a DEA representative to cover the legaleeze of it. No sooner than 8 months out though. From our talks, My job will more than likely be grow room design and set-up and visiting regularly to ensure compliance.
Sensi Seeds Northern Lights was a fantastic strain. My original Kryptonite was NL X Early Pearl. I might like try to create that once again in the near future.

CharlesU Farley

Did you used to go by Chucky U Farley? I don't know you personally, but Thank You for your early efforts in the crafting of the idea that was Overgrow.
I'm not going to post personal information of others here, I know ~S~ name. I LIVED OverGrow at the time, that's why ~Shabang~ made me admin when Angry Dyke, or was it, Erliquin stepped down, prior to that I was Moderator and Super Moderator. There were two admins, OldPink and myself. Whatever. When OG went down I registered TeamOverGrow aka TOG. I already owned a copy of vbforum and was using it for a gardening site I had, and had all of the old OG images, so I created a clone of the original Overgrow from it and had a place for most of the former staff to gather. Over the years I have stayed in touch with and have become very good friends with most of the OG SuperMods and Mods. They know who I am, what I am, I've broken bread wit them, I''ve slept in their homes and they have slept in mine. Hell, Gunny parked his camper at my place for a few weeks while he helped me get started in my greenhouse business. My old Overgrow friends know my address, have my phone number, many have met my family and I theirs. They know me by a few different names, but my closest friends call me Krypto or just ~Duane~.
You could also ask the owner of this site, he's been a good friend since @1999. I've been a member here since before my registration date. I actually wrote a six page article for the first ever in print ICMag. I was a member here before it came online.
From Gypsy Nirvana's responses, it looks like you're real. Sorry to sound like such a dick, but there have been so many sock puppets who glom onto the names of known nyms, and post like their old school / back in the day experts to impress newbies, usually with something to sell. You should be familiar with the nym Uncle Ben, there have been more impostors posting as him than I can remember, at least the real one is participating here.

Other than lurking, I never participated on OG. It would take too long to get into now, I _knew_ shabang did not understand basic internet security issues, especially web-based, and I had no desire to be incarcerated... shit, I'll just do a cut and paste from the About section of my website:

"Overgrow.com was getting a lot of hype but the thought of using a centralized, God forbid, moderated forum was repugnant to me. Usenet was de-centralized, un-moderated and totally open, so you could post whatever the fuck you wanted and no one could "flag" it or take it down. The Web forums offered flashy, blinky GIF's of cute little emoticons where the "moderators" decided what got posted and what didn't. I declined to participate in that environment.

I recognized many a nym-shifting POS by their writing style from adpc, who did nothing but repost info readily available on Usenet to impress everyone with "their" knowledge and gain Karma points. How pathetic. They would never give _attribution_ where the info came from, cut 'n paste gurus from the AOL crowd really impressed the Overgrow crowd.

Here is an attribution:

"UseNet is one of the most amazing phenomenon I have ever seen: a dynamic synthesis of human knowledge, thought, and understanding... but as the human spirit soars to unimaginable heights, so does it wallow in the gutter of depravity with equal, if not greater joy"

Yogi Shan - alt.chemistry Primer and FAQ - 1995

You give credit where credit is due. Anyway, the Seed Bank section of Overgrow.com was moderated by someone with the nym Gypsy Nirvana. Long story short, he would ship to the US and wasn't in BC or the NL but the UK, so no extra scrutiny from US Customs. He also guaranteed a Sensi unopened package of Northern Lights. A transaction was safely and successfully completed"

Again, sorry to sound like such a dick, I should have researched your history here but ask Uncle Ben how many imposters he's dealt with. o_O

Kryptonite

No Worries Charles.
Oh I am most definitely familiar with Uncle Ben. LOL When I seen the real UB posting here I knew it was him right away. Same demeanor. I get it. My name has been used in many similar ways. I've got nothing to sell and have never been much for wanting any type of fame or fortune from my online adventures. I just came here to read and study. I did once make and send literally thousands of seed to Gypsy for him to give away as freebees with orders. The Tick also sent me thousands of seeds "mostly C-99" to give away to members. I wish I had them now. :)
To be fair to ~S, all IP addresses, Passwords, etc., were encrypted. I didn't even have access to that info as admin. Also, Overgrow was taken down on RC/HB's watch and due to his seed sales. As admin when Overgrow was taken down I experienced no issues with the law, neither have any of the other staff. The only staff that fell on legal troubles was some of RC's staff at Cannabis World. Moderation was definitely needed to keep the vendors from using the entire site as an advertising platform. Gypsy was always respectful of that, but I did have a tough time with some of the High Times staff once we allowed them to have their own forum on the site.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
dood, how did you not say hello...I still have the picture of you and the boys on my wall from our fishing tournament...Tommy has passed and I have not kept in touch with the rest of the crew...krypto is the real deal, spent the night on my couch, and entertained my dog while I was at the airport picking up gunny...if I recall Rainman kept you and tommy on the couch most of the night until I got home...

Kryptonite

And this picture folks is your team of super mods and admin at overgrow back before the plug was pulled
View attachment 18941446
Great Times !!!!!
You had me at Rainman.
I was with Tommy just a few months before he passed. Him and I took a boat out from Madeira Beach with captain Jesse. 2016, I took my Mom to see the Disney and the Ocean for her birthday that year. Mom and Tommy got along very well, she passed away this past November. I'm still in touch daily with his good wife Liz and his children. Actually, I keep in touch with several of the old crew on Facebook.
It's GREAT seeing you around still my friend, I hope you're doing well.

Latest posts

Latest posts