What's new

Outdoors in California

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
To me the best part of growing your own is the hash. Good work and bountiful harvest mon

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Great stuff, I remember what I want for green christmas again.. bubble machines. So sick of stacking bags in a bucket and picking out the stems. I might just do it this year if my cash flow improves.

Nice plants, now I understand the term christmas tree forest that my buddy with the van used to tell me about in California story time. Mendo or bust.

K

KSP

Amazing and inspirational thread. Best wishes for a super bountiful harvest bro!

mendo420

Veteran
Update time

Update time

Big up!

getting hot up in here! triple digits every day!
going threw water like mad.

Starting to pre-flower.
Top dressed this week mocha bat guano.
Get these girls budding!

Growing into the cages nicely.

Most of the strains are looking great!

bubba x mendo looks killer!!

blueberry diesel x purple diesel looks killer!!

mendo kush is HUGE! I'm lovin it!

sour bubble looks killer!!

How bout some pics??

MENDO KUSH

MENDO KUSH

GARDEN SHOT

GARDEN SHOT

GARDEN SHOT

Peace

mapinguari

Veteran
That trashcan in the second-to-last photo provides some perspective on how big your plants are. At first I thought it was a 5-gallon bucket! Nice.

S

Smoke Buddy

Awesome update Mendo! Those trees are ridiculous man. Inspiring!
:rasta:

Hortic

Oh my god. Everyone of those bushes are gonna yield like 5x what my 35 Lowryders are gonna yield. :D So fuck you and good luck m8. :D

mendo420

Veteran
Strains

Strains

Just what I expected to see!!! Looking fabulous!! Are most/all of these strains, strains that you've been working on creating yourself?

I have been working with these strains for several seasons.
These are all strains that I have crossed. They are all my children.

Some of the plants are "testers". Like the Blueberry diesel x Purple diesel, Bubba x Mendo and the Cheese crosses.
Not sure what direction to take things.
To many options to cross. Im trying to keep the strain numbers down to like 10 but cant help my self.

How many strains does one need?

Some of the other projects I'm experimenting with is self-ed plants. This opens up a hole world for me.
I have just harvested the first S1 testers....... wow!
Cheese S1, SFV S'1. Ill be running more of these next year and then some others. GSC S1's and Bluedream S1's to name a few.

Then I want to make these self-ed crosses:

OG x Mendo, Bubba Kush, Chem4
Fire OG x Mendo, Bubba Kush, Chem4, Skywalker OG, Chem4
SFV OG x Mendo, Chem4
Mendo x Chem4
Blue Bream x Mendo, Bubba Kush, Chem4, Skywalker OG, Chem4
Gods Gift x Mendo, Bubba Kush, Chem4, Skywalker OG, Chem4
Bubba Kush x Mendo, Bubba Kush, Chem4, Skywalker OG, Chem4
Cheese x Mendo, Bubba Kush, Chem4, Skywalker OG, Chem4

their are the f3 crosses to make:

Mendo Kush
Mendo Dream
Sour Bubble
Purple Diesel
Purple Chem
Stinky x Mendo
Stinky x Purple diesel
Bubba Kush x Mendo
Cheese x Purple Diesel
Cheese x Mendo
BlueBerry Diesel x Purple Diesel
Thai

How many strains does one need?
I have way to many, I have some hard choices to make.

SFV S1

G

guest8934

W0w.monster plants man.all I can say is I hope I get oe that big next year.great grow man totally awesome

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice strain line up....how do you sex your plants before putting them outside? a little flip to 12/12 to see hairs then re-veg...or take clones and flower each out?

mendo420

Veteran
I have a miracle way of telling if a seed is male or female...

I have this High tech gizmo magnifying glass with UV anther detection its the bee's knee's.

You just have to know what to look for early on with a seedling to tell its gender.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Yeah, well I just look up her dress just to make sure. lol

Mendo, thats quite the line-up of crosses. I have to ask, how much back breeding went on with your stock? How many are not from simillar relatives.

What I am getting at is it seems the genetics has exploded exponentially without any real change in the buds I have been exposed to the last 15 or so years.

Not trying to pee on your parade. And you have some mad grow skillz and I have respect for you and your efforts. But are you not just recycling the same gene pool?

I do not know from breeding to be honest...but I have become overwelmed with names and lineage and the buds I had seen at Harborside pretty much look like any other bud they had in the case.

I just know what smokes well and gets me to my happy place.

You go bud, looks great.
Oh, are you not concerned with having the males (in the buckets) on the same property sending unwanted pollen into the air?

minds_I

Latest posts

Latest posts