What's new

Outdoors in California

mendo420

Veteran
fire report

fire report

Bless every one. Your prayers will be good for now.
I cant believe how lucky I am.

The fire still burns.....
Day 10, 35,000 acres 30% contained.
FnA

Lightning started this one. Not joints on the hill.
So spark one up for me! :smoker:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thats interesting....i have like 100 6in clones in beer cups....maybe i can stick 2 into each 45 and they will flip right away? i got a bunch of smaller 3 footers in 45s that i put out a few weeks ago for headstash smoke...they stretched real nice and are already flowering..

V

Veg N Out

Just put them in the bag of soil .. Dont even bother if they're that small with a 45...

Z

Z-ro

Yea I fully agree, straight into bag, thats what I was gonna do with all my extras but I didnt feel like having that many numbers out there since my neighbor got rolled and this is a new place for me. I had been veggin the cookies indoors for a few weeks and they were already 2-3 ft in 3gal.

mendo420

Veteran
On a happy note

The male garden is raping up harvesting the last of the pollen.

The bees were all over the male planes legs covered in pollen. Wish I could get some of that honey!

Making seeds soon!

Madjag

Veteran
Hardware Cloth Remedy

Hardware Cloth Remedy

I always make a basket of hardware cloth (1" squares) that lines my entire planting holes. My home landscape plantings have it to survive the damn gophers that come in from the empty lot next door. I leave plenty of extra on top to form a tall lip that I lay over the plant base, flat all around it. Gophers don't seem to like to walk on it in order to get to the plant's stem, stalk, or trunk.

In your case, using large above-the-ground smart pot planters in gopher country, I would recommend (next year) putting a hardware cloth (1" squares or maybe 1/2") bottom across the smart pot floor and extend it out one foot beyond the pot edges onto the surrounding soil. By the time the plant extends its roots beyond the smartie it will be well-established. Any small to medium roots heading down through the wire cloth will be spread out all over and not seriously damage the plant if nibbled.

Chicken wire doesn't cut it, though. Some gophers have ripped it enough to pass through.

BTW - a simple wall of branches standing up and woven like tank-stoppers with points sticking out in all directions was totally effective at keeping a bear out of our garden. Initially it smashed through, perhaps smelling the blood meal and bone meal. The wall we made was 5-6 feet tall and you or I could easily breach it, but the bear didn't like it and stayed out.

Good luck with your challenge.

Peace,
MJ

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
i have chicken wired all my holes , but noticed a gopher hole in the garden without any mounds which worried me because of them eating their way through the garden and at least stunting the growth and leaving gaps in the soil....

to take another measure i put a few of the gopher/mole sonic spikes in the ground... i have never used them and am curious to see how well they work this year...

has anyone else used the sonic spikes, and if so how was the success of such efforts?

mendo420

Veteran
It cold be a wood rat.
But their was a gopher tunnel in the pot.

The sonic stakes dont work! I have one in this pot.

I was lazy and did not line these pots with hard warecloth.
I thought they were not at the location.
FnA thinking again.

It chewed on the plant next to it. But it aint dead yet.

Looks like I'm redoing the garden next year with hard ware cloth.
FnA

mendo420

Veteran
Its starting to smell like Mendocino

Its starting to smell like Mendocino

Its starting to smell like Mendocino!!

Buds are starting to stack up and get some resin!
Love the sweet smell of ganja!
Oh the smells, Thai, SPxPD, Mendo YUM YUM!

Wish I could share some scratch and sniff stickers for ya!
Try this:moon:
I herd it smells like baby poop!

mendo420

Veteran
Hot on the hill

Hot on the hill

The fire is gone.
But its so Fn hot over here now!
FnA

All sorts of Johns on the mountain now.

I have never been flown so hard buy a chopper as I was yesterday.

This bird was 50' off the ground 20' over the tops of the trees!
Hovering right over my shit! .

I'm sure it was Cal Fire or something fire related coming to admire my work.

It was not the typical PIG chopper.

Cal Fire has 2 blackhawks on wprking and 10 other choppers.
12 total!!!

It's a Fn war zone over here!

Keep your hands off my crops!!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sounds crazy out that ways man.....i lost one of my plants this week too looked the same as yours. it was a smaller one in a double pot....im pretty sure its wilt but the other plant in the pot still looks healthy..

i got a nice .25 caliber air rifle that will destroy gophers in silence without waking up the mountain...

M

mr.shiva

Lost another one to a rodent yesterday. At least I caught a couple last night in traps

mendo420

Veteran
Started Pollinating yesterday.
Cant wait Mendo kush IBL among many others.

Buds are starting to get thick and stinky!

caliprop215

Veteran
Hey man sorry to hear about the bad news. Somtimes mother nature throws a curve ball at u. I'm glad ur garden bounced back tho.

Can u tell me ur soil recipe and how much it cost per pot please. I wanna grow monsters just like this next year. Can u telll me the five most important thing to grow trees like u do?

mendo420

Veteran
I would not believe it if I didnt see it.

Here is a male showing female characteristics.

Here's the Purple Diesel x Blueberry Diesel
in its reversal it is throwing a few pistols.
I hit him with some pollen, we will see if we get any seeds.