What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor seed run for season 2011

rocket high

Veteran
sorry to throw my 2 cents in but this is just a question..... What kind of lights are you using and why are they stretching so far up. Usually when I end up making the mistake of not keeping 4 or 6/ 6500K lights on mine they go straight up then straight down. Anyways just a question.

2 x 400w HPS ... It was just for seeds

Isnt stretchiness with nice tight buds just a sativa thing?

its partly that and having to share with 5 cheese plants in hydro.

rocket high

Veteran
@ JGP So far the RDxOFN is my fav it has the most flavor and in my opinion the best stone but ive still to smoke 7 more different strains to smoke so that might change in time .

@TyChe

if i was going to grow top specimens i would have had them on their own but seen as its just for seeds i stuck them in with the hydro Cheese's ... they dont like being under the 400w HPS so they went around the edges of the lights so they may have stretched a little.... the real fun starts when they're germed outside in the wilds of scotland lol ;)

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Good job on the seed runs!

I'm planning some seed runs this summer. I get nervous waiting for seeds to come and want to reduce the times I have to order seeds.

I also need to be more self sufficient. My government can be quite thuggish and I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack down on the mail and close/restrict the flow of seeds. I want to be ready.

Finally, I'd really like to have enough to plant them all over the place!

mosstrooper

Good job on the seed runs!

I'm planning some seed runs this summer. I get nervous waiting for seeds to come and want to reduce the times I have to order seeds.

I also need to be more self sufficient. My government can be quite thuggish and I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack down on the mail and close/restrict the flow of seeds. I want to be ready.

Finally, I'd really like to have enough to plant them all over the place!

Same,

I am terrified that our government here may also go mad and crack down on seed sales. At present in the UK everything about cannabis is illegal except seeds, which is a strange anomaly. We have a new right wing regime here who i could see taking the initiative and criminalising possession and sale of seeds.

I think breeding your own strains is wise anyway, the more you breed and select in your own climate, the more naturalised your strain becomes.

rocket high

Veteran
Hi Claud and Mossy

The govenment will always give you the rope to hang yourself ..... its what they use to justify the WAR ON DRUGS ...

But i would build a big seed collection just incase anything does happen ...hope it doesnt tho.

all u got 2 do scot is become scotfree.lol.stack em up in ur mother freezer pass em out to fam dat grow have all ur dna in all ur spots u should be solid.how are the laws there harsh???"guilty!,now drink this loger and time served!?!lol;P"peace

Last edited:

rocket high

Veteran
The law's here are harsh for what we're doing ... everythings underground apart from head/hydro shops... so the tools are there for you to break law all you have to do is germinate that little seed and you've broke the law of the land .. i hate this country's dire laws.

Free the weed please

Hoots

Well done with your seedrun.

Enjoyed reading your grow diary from last year, good stuff.

I think that this is the way to go, self sufficiency in seeds, bred for our own environment. The Danes have shown the way- time to turn Scotland green I think!

Good luck and happy growing for this year.

rocket high

Veteran
Hi Hoots

i agree with everything you said Hoots...2011 is the first year of my long term plan to create the best - stabilized, mold free, potent as possible plants that generations in the future can enjoy as well as us ... i was out yesterday scoping sites for this year... its easy when the vegetation is just young sprouts but you never know what it'll be like when the summer is in full swing ..it's usually a jungle lol ...so you have to be careful where you set up your grow sites .

Hoots

Nice one Rocket, I'm up above L58 and planning my first outdoor grow this year, didn't think it was really possible here untill coming across some of the Scandinavian grow diarys over the last few months .

I'm hoping to start a diary in the next few days, still getting used to this sites ways and means!

JGP

Welcome to icmag Hoots, nice to see another Scottish grower on these forums, goodluck with your efforts :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
whats up rocket high mate? have you got started yet this year? seems like you have a nice bunch of seed now so it should be an interesting season. i will only use a few easy to get to spots this year, probably gonna try my top44xsd/cj seeds for outside. the test plant was ripe in 7 weeks indoor and made very leafy bud. so i'm thinking it will work outside might just pop the seeds outside this year, not sure yet though.

rocket high

Veteran
what is HFH?

This should help you ..https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65703

you can buy them on seed bay ;)

whats up rocket high mate? have you got started yet this year? seems like you have a nice bunch of seed now so it should be an interesting season. i will only use a few easy to get to spots this year, probably gonna try my top44xsd/cj seeds for outside. the test plant was ripe in 7 weeks indoor and made very leafy bud. so i'm thinking it will work outside might just pop the seeds outside this year, not sure yet though.

Well gauis this is the start of the never ending project to find the most mold resistant, potent strain that will thrive in Scotland
i think the ERD/PURT x EG/MMXGG will be the one to watch for as its real early ...we'll you could say its full auto as these two that i had certainly were ... also the HFH crosses should perform well .... your top44 cross sounds like it will do fine outside if it's airy enough ...are you doing a thread or posting it anywhere gaius?

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i'll do a thread once i get going, got a few things to take care of before i can pop any new seeds.

have a whole bunch of seeds i got given at the 420 so having a hard time choosing which strain to try first for inside? also thinking about making clones from the top44 x SD/cj mom i already have, but seeds will be quicker at this point i think and i have a bunch of those seeds.

all the best for your outdoor season mate....:kos: