What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Rasta Style, ChemDD, Alaskan Ice, White Widow and Something Special

haxi

High blanco!
Can't wait to see the harvest pics!
I'll be harvesting my white widow today!

Happy smoking dude!

Peace :rasta:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Whiterasta- so when do you harvest an outdoor plant? I harvested my first decent outdoor crop this year and thought I had waited long enough. The paranoia of theft, mold and security pushed me to harvest the plants.

How much different are the medicinal properties of the plants grown indoors verses outdoors?

Congrats on growing some awesome medicine.

B

blancorasta

thanks guys im still finishing this stuff up. ive done the majority of the trim/manicure myself so its taking a while and ohh so boring. pics and full smoke reports coming soon

i tend to pick to early so i tried testing my patience and let them go. i picked a little lower mud bud off the widow and the chemdd early like in late sept. and in hindsight i think that they were both pretty perfect. but again i wanted to test myself and see if it might be better in a week or two. the widow because it was healing from the pillar damage and putting on new bud, and i kinda didnt know what to do. the chemdd i figured just needed a little longer and would likely get even better. well the widow creeps alot and builds into a heavy lazy stone which isnt bad but a bit faster more cerebral onset with a decent to the body,like the early bud was, would be better. the chemdd's flavor faded to a more OG Kush type smell flavor; from a crazy thick, sweet chem, sharp pine taste that lingered in your mouth for half an hour. the smoke is slightly rougher where before it was butter smooth. the expansion is still very high, but the high isnt as uplifting and ceilingless but more stoned... no couchlock just stupified.

i need to get a jewlers loupe to observe the trichs i have a 420 scope but i dont like rubbing the scope all over my bud rubbing off hella trichs.

bacchus- its hard to say man. it depends on the lattitude and elevation where you're growing, your strain, and the current weather patterns. the best way is to get a scope monitor the trichs on the buds and depending your preference you harvest at a certain averaged percentage of amber trichomes. the more amber trichomes the longer it takes to feel the effects but the longer they last and the more narcotic/sleepy/couchlock they are. to a point then they become just less potent. as far as outdoor being more or less medicinal i cant tell. there seems to be a difference in taste smell and looks. but that seems about it.

peace

treeofsatta

Hey, just read through this diary, nice one mate looks amazing, particularly impressed with the Alaskan Ice, I saw someone asked about how you trained it, did you bend the top down after it had grown tall or did you start growing it horizontaly from the start?

I have a Chem D cut but dont think it would finish outdoors it the UK, maybe if I made a cross it would work although my clones are all fucked up at the moment with a virus and also having difficulties revegging.

Do you think the extreme defoliation helped the plant? I'm really fascinated by it but a bit too scared!

Peace

~Satta

B

blancorasta

Hey, just read through this diary, nice one mate looks amazing, particularly impressed with the Alaskan Ice, I saw someone asked about how you trained it, did you bend the top down after it had grown tall or did you start growing it horizontaly from the start?
thanks, it was started indoors and was tall and falling over in it's little container. so i planted it sideways fallen over and continued to bend the tops down and out.

Do you think the extreme defoliation helped the plant? I'm really fascinated by it but a bit too scared!
yes, with the white widow and the chemdog double d. but the alaskan ice and the other sativa dominant plants didnt respond to well to the aggressive defolation and i think would have done better with a slow regular picking of a few leaves here and there rather than what i did and stripped nearly all but the new growth.

peace