What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Rasta Style, ChemDD, Alaskan Ice, White Widow and Something Special

B

blancorasta

here is the Alaskan Ice on 8/14/10

when i look at my pics of the Alaskan Ice i feel like they are deceiving. As the plant is short and very bushy, and that is not at all it's natural growth profile. it naturally grows very tall, with a full season at about 40* north it gets about 5 months of veg time in which time i dont doubt it could easily reach heights of 16' or taller. its a prolific brancher with very strong vigorous branches creating a tall symetrical christmas tree thats diameter is nearly equal to her height

so i thought i should show and explain why, my plant differs so much from what should be expected from an 80% sativa Haze cross

when i transplanted the AI outdoors, it was already a couple feet tall and falling over in its little container. so i just planted it diagonally in the ground and began training it horizontally, but the top began to slow down in growth and give way to the branches that reached for the sun.

daily sometimes twice, i would go outside and bend all the branches on the circumference that had grown verticle back down horizontally. very tedious and sometimes counter productive because when you pull over some branches that had been growing straight up you sometimes must shade some rather strong branches. either some dont make the cut and get chopped or just deal with a little shade

here is a series of pics starting with "the top" of the plant (if you can really call it that, its more like its front. LOL) following the main stem down to the soil

And here is a panorama of the undercarriage,

it was very difficult to get this shot as i have limited time to take all three pics. so it kept making me start over again cuz i couldnt get the seams lined up fast enough. it really started killing my shoulder holding the camera in this position and i just rushed it to get it done so the stitching is a little off but you get the gist

you can see the whole main stem and how it grows at about a 25*, angle with the branches being pulled out and down. while the secondary branches grow upwards to eventually get pulled and staked down. then budsites should grow vertically off the secondary branches and create a virtual SCROG outdoors

enjoy,
peace

B

blancorasta

Those look Awesome. Now that is what I call growing them BIG!!!! Big, long veg time to grow launching pads of resin covered killer ICBMs :)

thanks bro,
yup thats the idea, long veg time, and a big root system should produce a good amount of bud. of the kindest order.

peace

haxi

Wow this alaskan is so nice man!
Lovely big trunk should grow some big buds :D
Keep up the good work!

Peace :rasta:

E

edgey

love the way you grow mate ,i wish i could have a go at outdoor i'll keep my eye on this one . good luck and i hope you get some major weight off those beauties :)

edgey

B

blancorasta

Wow this alaskan is so nice man!
Lovely big trunk should grow some big buds :D
Keep up the good work!

Peace :rasta:

love the way you grow mate ,i wish i could have a go at outdoor i'll keep my eye on this one . good luck and i hope you get some major weight off those beauties :)

edgey

hey guys,

thanks and welcome, we'll see what happens. put in some Karma (Earl Hickey style lol) for me, for a long growing season.

thanks again,
peace

Big Tree

that plant has a trunk. I feel like here in R.I. were getting screwed by not being able to grow medicine outdoors. We do our best but you cant beat the sun with any amount of watts.

B

blancorasta

that plant has a trunk. I feel like here in R.I. were getting screwed by not being able to grow medicine outdoors. We do our best but you cant beat the sun with any amount of watts.

yeah that does suck, not only is the sun the best light but its free, unlike electricity, and the yield is really not comparable.

though i like the quality of some well done indoor.

look into digital ballasts and sunpulse bulbs if you haven't already done so. they have a higher light output per watt as they are more efficient than magnetic coil n core ballasts and run much cooler. if you can get enough of these 600-1000W lights in a space (1 light per every 3x3 feet) while keeping the temps in the high 70's-low 80's with a c02 ppm of like 1600-2000 and dont over/under fertilize them i believe you can rival nature.

thanks for stopping by,
peace

B

blancorasta

Wow, looks good man!

fuckin vince from slap chop lol. what a fuckin wierdo "stop having a boring breakfast,... stop having a boring life"
ya thats how you sell something unsult your customers, allthough i doubt all that many people even noticed anyways.
thanks bro,

peace

S

Serrated Edges

Outdoor Rasta Style, ChemDD, Alaskan Ice, White Widow and Something Special

fuckin vince from slap chop lol. what a fuckin wierdo "stop having a boring breakfast,... stop having a boring life"
ya thats how you sell something unsult your customers, allthough i doubt all that many people even noticed anyways.
thanks bro,

peace

Yea man, for sure. Glad to see someone noticed my sig, lol.

We've spoken before and you've given me a ton of rep in a previous "lifetime", so I'm just returning some love.

B

blancorasta

Yea man, for sure. Glad to see someone noticed my sig, lol.

We've spoken before and you've given me a ton of rep in a previous "lifetime", so I'm just returning some love.

right on,
you must post on the side of relevence and reason

peace

B

blancorasta

Alaskan Ice on 8/23/10

Alaskan Ice on 8/23/10

here is a shot of the Alaskan Ice from the side

and its stalk

no preflowers and i think it will still be a week or so before ill see them, and at least two to three weeks before any real budding starts maybe even a little longer. then it should be a good 12 to 13 weeks til harvest though it could be taken at 10 if needed

B

blancorasta

Chemdog Double D on 8/23/10

Chemdog Double D on 8/23/10

it started preflower a little over three weeks ago and has been full on budding for the last two and a half weeks.

not really a whole lot of trichs yet but it stinks... when the wind blows just right you get this dead skunk smell truely off putting and classic.

here's a couple of whole plant shots

and some bud shots... sorry my camera sucks its a 12 MP kodak easy share and really takes poor close ups, hopefully ill get a better cam fairly soon

and it's stalk

its been flowering for three weeks so i would guess it has another 6-8 weeks.

i cant wait for this shit!!!

B

blancorasta

White Widow on 8/23/10

White Widow on 8/23/10

the White Widow started preflower about four weeks ago and has been budding for about 3 weeks solid.

We're going glandular!!! for the past five days or so it has been packing on the resin. it has a very nice sweet n sour lemonlime soda smell, like a floral seven up! BOMMMB!

here is an overall shot, its about 5 1/2 feet tall

a couple of bud shots

again my cam sucks so you likely cant see the frost but i assure you its there

and a stump

so i dont know how long this plant takes to finish as its from seed but i would guess around 6-8 more weeks, maybe more as this is going to be my main nightime smoke so ill let it get real amber. we'll see

B

blancorasta

TBA on 8/23/10

TBA on 8/23/10

this plant hasnt begun preflower yet, once it does it should only flower for about 9 weeks.

here is some overall shots of the big one, about 2 1/2 - 3ft tall, first then the little one

and the stalk on the big one

this is some special stuff, some of that trippy shit people clamor for, that has seasoned stoners feeling like a lightweight again. LOL. ill be happy if i get over a 1/4 lbs off this, and i imagine ill be even more than happy :)

enjoy everybody,
peace