What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor malawi thread ,

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Lovely guerilla place & ganjas BB, they developed realy nice in 45 days! Are you planning to prune them after strech?

thats a dam good question , i,m running round doing quiet few projects atm ...... but its probably worth the effort to get in there and remove anything thats not really going to produce anything but smalls . and bump flower size up .

so yeah i guess i am ......

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BAKED_BEANZ,

Thanks for the info about your selections with pure Malawi and Malawi hybrids :)
Malawi easily produces very vigorous, high yielding and powerful F1 hybrids when it is outcrossed with other stabilized/inbred lines, quite uniform too.

It's in the F2 generation of the hybrid when you will be able to explore the biggest and widest genetic variability of the line, finding more early flowering plants or any other desirable recessive trait that the F1 generation didn't show.

I hope you find very interesting parental plants in our other strains to breed with them too.
I'm sure you will love Panama, it's also an amazing and highly worked sativa with many desirable traits to breed with.
Durban and Violeta are also very interesting strains to make hybrids.

Thank you very much for supporting our work again! :yes:

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks dubi ,
i just up potted , panama breeders pack , 10 killer malawi , 5 violeta , 10 durban , 4 zamelbelica, 15 malawi x pck and 75 malawi x black lime f2 hybrids ...... all to find females and make hybrids and f2 .

i have lots nice high end , hybrids for selecting males going also , way too many strains to list :) the plants won,t grow big , its end season , keeps them nice and manageable to work , it times in perfectly with any existing females i have that have caught my eye , and i can pollinate a branch of them .

i will also keep landrace males , to pollinate the female hybrids , though i,m looking for landrace dominate offspring for myself , while i have the genetics and the male pollen , i may as well take advantage of the situation .

i,m probably most excited about the new panama hybrids , i know you done a lot work there ......... so that makes life easy for me :) then its time to test the offspring for myself for future grows .

these from last week , didnt take many pics as i was busy , taking of lower branches and watering , they don,t look it but there 7 foot . stakes next week .
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C

chris harris

Those look awesome B.B. I know it's a little early, but what's your vibe on the Malawi x PCK? Some of those pics in the thread look great.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Those look awesome B.B. I know it's a little early, but what's your vibe on the Malawi x PCK? Some of those pics in the thread look great.

way too earlier to know , they just seedlings . they have more vigour than the malawi atm though .

Lammy

Nice line up baked beans. I'm slowly working on crosses with a gorilla glue#4×OE male i have. Also I think I'm going to try Ghost train haze × Panama Red.

I was just thinking of getting the Malawi breeders pack and making a cross with the new Malawi killer S1, pollinating it with a male that's been a few years in the making. The male will combine Bubba Kush with Eight Miles High, from Mandala. (It also has some White Fire OG and OG#18 in it.) I've breed this for a few generations and I'm really proud of it. It's pretty Bubba dominant With a special buzz from the African genetics in the Eight Miles High. I can't wait to combine it with the new Malawi killer S1 to reintroduce stronger African genetics.

good luck with your grow and your crosses baked beans, I look forward to seeing how it turns out

B

BAKED_BEANZ

sorry for the lack of updates , been busy doing all sorts stuff .
lots rain coming next week , been hot and dry ...... so the killers will lap up a nice drink .flowers are only just forming last visit , they got some potash and cal mag thrown round .

i,ll be out staking up next visit ....... was only there last week giving them a drink , lost one not sure why , but bonus is i found one hidden i,d forgotten about . lol not as big as the one i lost .....but still decent . fingers crossed we get some nice rain as forecasted , it'll go along way .

have 10 killer limes there , about 4/5 foot . they liked there new spot .

Zitz

Love the plant with the lush green leaves and bananas in the background, looks v happy in that spot.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Baked beanz,

I've been following with lot of interest your progresses with the killer lime hybrid, and looks like you already achieved very nice results: very resinous flowers with very good flower/leaf ratio of Killer Malawi style, with shorter flowering time and size.

Looking forward to see the rest of the strains that you are working with this season,
it's a pleasure to see your outdoor plants, you are a very talented grower that knows how to get the best from the genetics.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks , dubi
this project didn,t end up as planned , the outdoor that is . we had an extremely hot summer ( hottest in 100 years in some areas ). well above normal with constant heat waves without any rain . so i basically i had to make a choice what to concentrate on my greenhouse that i had my investment in and let the outdoor survive by themselves with minimal visits .

i,m totally wrapped in the killer malawi projects i,ve ran and i,m invested in getting consistency and more terp profile in a already fantastic strain your killer malawi . i,ve recently started new projects that seed is nearly mature .

killer malawi x cherry chem
killer malawi x white cherry truffle .
killer malawi x magnum opus

to just name a couple i,m slowly getting acquainted with the killers , also making f3 of the malawi x black lime which i hope will be 50/50 of each strain . with a indica finish time but malawi hit .

also started using the ace panama breeders line up , zamdelica , selecting the for flower struture and early resin ....... with elite indica males of highest quality .

i think i,ve come up with some very nice panama crosses . i,m impressed so far with your panama line up .

the seed will never be for sale , most likely not even donated more for my personal collection . though i hope to find a couple of competent testers for couple of the strains to help me in my search in narrowing down the better of the new crosses .

i,m glad you have seen the other crosses in the sativa thread . you know i am very loyal to ace and your service . i,ve mentioned it several times in the past . top notch imo .

anyway the outdoor flowers suffered some size due to lack of rain and my presence . though my visit the other day was,nt a total disappointment .

most plants looked like this , as mentioned lack rain being main issue .
picture.php

was couple nicer killer malawi , that were harvested . the others were left for another 1 to 2 weeks for some
picture.php

the younger outdoor killer lime testers faired better . faster flowering time a real bonus with terps .
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

and the" killer lime" dubi mentioned ( killer malawi x black lime reserve ) when i name a strain i try to keep part of the original breeders name in there out of respect for there work . after all i haven't bred there strain ,
picture.php

killer lime sticky mop pheno
picture.php

sorry if your seen all these before . these for guys in ace forum that are interested . i,d also like to thank you dubi for encouraging people to use your great work .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

some of the original malawi x black lime f1 aka black death range

picture.php

picture.php

and the new kid on the block .....killer orange ( killer malawi x orange glue ) trippy smoke
picture.php

again sorry if your seen some these pics before , its for the die hard ace boys . ....... like me ;)

the next two strains to keep an eye out for are green panama x malawi / black lime ( aka death in panama ) & red panama x cherry chem ( aka red cherry panama )

Last edited:
S

Stone House

That Killer Orange has the most dense tricombs I have ever seen, outstanding!

konopenko

Veteran
Epic grow bro! Trics so dense-it must be dry weather and survival instinct/
plants defense..quality over heavy yield-my choice anytime ;)

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks guys , i was expecting them to be alot larger the plants . but with no rain thats not possible . i was watering for a time , i gave up when i had a bunch of rodents came through and ripped up all the surface roots .....i had some bigger ones totally die . ( i,m not one to give up but i had properties elsewhere as i mentioned )

all the prep work i put in with the composts and mulch attracted tonnes worms which attracted the rodents . no rodent problems year before .

keep adding things to do , to the list for next season to have a good season . i,ll lay chicken wire mats down and pin them over the mulch so they little fuckers can,t scratch through . next season . i,m also setting a drip line so i can just flip the tap on and walk away .

i may mass plant late starts in rows next season , also . either way it will be something malawi

B

BAKED_BEANZ

ran few dubi malawi x purple packi kush

picture.php

prefer the malawi dominate ones ( pic above )

picture.php