What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor malawi thread ,

B

BAKED_BEANZ

there are a lots of good fem strains nowadays!

you look for long flowering haze hybrids or fem sativa landrace strains? or what? lol

i,m only rolling with ace seeds for outdoor strains and hybrids i make from of them ...... from now on .

heat resistance and botrytis resistance is my priority .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

having good rain this season , so my visits have been 2 weeks apart visiting the malhowli , last trip was before the rain to drop same cal mag / gypsum down .

the hybrids are now showing sex and will be taken next week to be put in the ground . all is going to plan atm , cant ask for more than that .
picture.php

had a issue with the malawi hybrids in the 45gal pots , they were going dry and draining too fast, but sorted it now and getting there green back, i was thinking it was overwatering so they got held up a little . . they are mal x orange glue, mal x black lime #7 and mal x irene .

received 2 ace orders , durban poison & malawi x pck and the panama breeders pack should be here this week and i,ll pop them all . looking to seed some ladies and make new hybrids with new aficionado males and defiantly looking for a south fork cherry chem male also .

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

well its nearly been two weeks , and its back to the jungle to see the killers , 2 days and counting down ....... though good news as always the ace team has blessed me .
seed mums will be found and hit with hybrid males from aficionado .
picture.php

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yeah , i don,t have a lot of experience with panama . i have grown some years back so long i barely remember and they weren't from ace . they were big tall plants bright red pistils .

getting back to landraces is exciting , mainly because they deal with the elements so much better . i,m not really sure what i,m looking for in the panama , i,ve just started reading the thread on it . :) sounds promising thus far.

more than likely i will seed the lot with different males and smoke test the females then go from there with the offspring .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

anyone know whats in the tropical mix freebies ? is it random or pacific numbers of certain strains

B

BAKED_BEANZ

picture.php

well the killer lime , went on there road trip today ..... to there new homes . got to get through the boring shit before the good stuff . though seedlings are very exciting too me ..... i love the anticipation and transformation of the whole journey

all the preparation work has paid off and the worms have come to collect , they will be lapping it up , and kicking along ,
picture.php

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

ok so its been two weeks again , the weather is keeping me to limited visits .... which is great.

no signs of any pistils yet , i like bigger plants ..... but it has its good and bad points .more work and more breakages ...... but less numbers . though i will be reverting back to smaller plants next season , i prefer the youthfulness and more robust framework . basically these are the size i like .... slightly larger .

these will double in size yet if not more .....

anyway we are well underway ,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

they all pretty much the same , there was couple doing not so well , but that was soil related not genetics .
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

BAKED_BEANZ

no idea what soil issue is , i,ll be soil testing next season though . plants aren't showing any sign of issues , just aren't as vigorous . which was my experience with the same area,s last season ...... but i figured my prep work would have sorted the issue , but it has not . :(

no cages here bro , quickest way to free board and breakfast , stakes and cable tie ... forks on branches ....... sit back and remain the crash/ braise position and hope for the best . another reason i like smaller plants :) though i chose this place for protection from major wind directions and weather

gorilla ganja

They are looking great BAKED_BEANZ .

Love the spacing and layout. Makes for great camouflage. Only thing I would add is a short growing cover crop to the mulch to green up the mounds.

The plants look nice and healthy under your care.
keep up the good work

Peace GG

B

BAKED_BEANZ

killer orange testers ( killer malawi x orange glue ) there 10 testers all up of these . i,m hoping for lankly 6 footers put in this time of the season , i,m testing for next seasons lineup
picture.php

konopenko

Veteran
Lovely guerilla place & ganjas BB, they developed realy nice in 45 days! Are you planning to prune them after strech?

Latest posts

Latest posts