What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

B

Bourach

Budpreacher, shame that renardine is banned, would have been worth giving it a go. Thanks for the info though.

Chicken wire cages are fine for rabbits but totally useless for deer unfortunately. I was dropping off all my chicken wire at my sites today as it happens.

Stoned Wizard, thats something else that wont cost me a penny. I've got 2 long haired dogs so will save up fresh hair and put it inside some of the wifes tights and then hang them around the sites.

Top one man thanks very much

maybe human pis keeps em away ?
think i heard this before ,bit fked on amnesia the noo.. did i make that up ??
maybe try pissin right round outside o yer plot every time yer theyre

B

Bourach

will try that for sure smokinweedgi, I dont think you have made it up as I think I remember hearing it on another forum.

Cheers for the reminder

MJBadger

Veteran
Urine needs a bit of time to turn really stinky , collect in poly milk containers & stick in the garden in the sun for a few weeks .
I used soap here one year & it was 100% effective , Irish spring soap via e-bay Cut each bar into 6 & hung the lumps in large patches cut from tights (black) with some fine garden wire , this also hid the bright green colour & was pretty hard to see. Wired the lumps on sticks/canes around the plant (3 of) . You may have a prob finding it though as the firm that used to be on e-bay is no longer there . Do not buy small individual bars look for bulk boxes .
Renardine was the best at the time but it was taken off the market because it has carconogenic stuff like creosote . If you can find Coal tar oil your near the right thing anyway.

B

Bourach

Don't think the wife will be happy with me, having bottle's of stinky piss hanging around the house:biggrin:

I'll still give it a shot though!

JGP

Finally got my camera working after mucking about with the settings.Pictue of a few plants I'll be putting out in a couple of weeks, strains are Royal Nepal and Flatlandbasic :)

Attachments

• DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 9

rocket high

Veteran
Nice JGP ...they are good looking well established plants you have there good luck with them. I have some Flatlandbasic crosses that i might try out in the next batch to go out in a couple of weeks.

JGP

Thanks m8, goodluck with yours to Rocket

Heres a pic of Flatlandbasic by Lala :)

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 10
B

Bourach

That Flatlandbasic looks sweet JGP!

I was gonna start planting some out this weekend but the forecast dont look too great, plenty cold weather still on the cards,....bbbbrrrrrrrr

Got bloody good germ rates from my HFH seeds, all 26 Hashplant2 are up and 25out of 26 Danish Gold are up too

JGP

Well done on the germ rates Bourach, I'm planting out next week no matter what the weathers says as I need to free up room for other projects.Goodluck with yours m8.

B

Bourach

Good luck with getting yours out next week JGP, I hope you get some decent weather mate.

B

Bourach

I was noticing that looking at the forecast today Budpreacher. Making myself a few coke bottle cloche's for putting my girls out.

Hoots

Cold sleet fell last night by us and froze into a hard sheet. If any of my plants out survive that I will be impressed.

A southerly breeze is long overdue!

B

Bourach

Hope they are fine Hoots I've got my fingers crossed, it's about time the weather got a bit more spring-like!

B

Bourach

Ok guys, fingers crossed for a wee bit of warmth and sun now. Got 30 planted out this week, all very, very small, just starting their second set of leaves but I've put cloche's over all of them.All watered in with some Plant Magic rootstim, a touch of bio-silicon and a a splash of bio-wetter. I'll be back at the end of the week with another 15 to go out, got a selection of auto's, 10, to go out in a few weeks.

In the mean time I've got another 26 HFH seeds to get popped to plant out at the end of the month.

I would love to be able to have got my seedlings a bit bigger before I planted out but after having the cops at my door a couple of months ago I cant take the risk of them finding me with like 50+ plants in my house,......that would not look too good