What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

rocket high

Veteran
This is the 500th post on the Outdoor in Scotland thread so i might as well make it a
update on my baby's progress.

They are at 2 weeks or there abouts.
There's also been a few seedlings who didn't make it , they have been replaced but they're a week behind the rest ..im going to start a new batch in the coming weeks to make sure i have something to smoke come sept/Oct/Nov time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JGP

Plants are looking lush rocket, when do you plan on banging them out?

I've just started germinating a few RoyalNepal seeds. I couldn't get my Timewarp to sprout, must be a bad batch :ying:

rocket high

Veteran
@ JGP i plan on chucking them out next week and do some plot prep this weekend. the weather is too bad right now so im delaying them till then.Then again i don't want them root bound before they go out so it's a bit of a catch 22 tbh.

@ bud preacher. im not going with autos for this year i might do some next year .

better bought in pounds tho ... lol ;)

B

Bourach

Any of you guys had any luck in Scotland at lat 57?

I know its a bit far north but I'm gonna give it a try, got some Hash Plant and Danish Gold and a selection of some auto's too. My preps been started and completed at one site, going to do the rest of my prep at my other 3 sites this week.

No beans cracked as of yet, Im just gonna get them cracked wait for the second set of leaves and throw em out, I'll start planting end of May beginning of June

Good luck for the summer guys, lets pray for sun

B

Bourach

Alright Smokinweedgi, thanks for the welcome man!

Glad to hear it's not too far North. What doesn't provide half decent bud will be getting bubbled and oiled so it so it wont all be in vain

B

Bourach

Nice one JGP!

Evening rocket high, thanks for that info, if Hoots gets nice plants in the Highlands I'm bound to get some sort of decent results, not quite as high altitude as him I'm further along the coast ;)

MJBadger

Veteran
There are a lot of growers on this site from europe above 55*N . Check out some of the Scandinavian/Danish etc threads . I always like to see how they do because if you can get any finishers in Scotland & N Europe they`ll do us sissy southeners .

B

Bourach

I'll have to go and do a bit of reading then eh. Good advice there MJBadger, cheers!

Kinda feel like a noob all over again going outdoors, never paid much attention to anything about guerrilla growing up until indoor growing was taken away from me so it looks like there's lots and lots to learn.

One really good thing is I've had loads of fun already doing my prep and planning. Far more fun than I ever got out of indoor growing and my seeds aren't even popped yet:biggrin:

B

Bourach

See Hybrids from Hell seeds, whats gonna be the best for my high lat of 57, Danish Gold or Hashplant 2.

I've already got a pack of each but I'm gonna buy another pack and don't know which to choose

JGP

I would probably choose something else for a bit of variety or toss a coin, it's aways tough choosing which strains to grow.

B

Bourach

Well couldn't make up my mind on which seeds to plump for so I bought another pack of each. That makes it 26 Danish Gold and 26 Hashplant2 to plant out, should get a few girls out of that.

B

Bourach

Thats 4 sites all prepped today just need the plants to go in it and the chickenwire cages.

Oh and I also need to ring the areas off with fishing line in an attempt to keep the deer I saw there this morning away

4 down 2 to go

MJBadger

Veteran
Do not expect great results with the fishing line , sometimes it will work . I only have munties here & the bastards will spook up a couple of times with a tight wire/line then step over it & the same goes for most deer

B

Bourach

Cheers for the advice MJBadger :biggrin:

I suppose there's no tried and tested method for keeping deer away but I've got to try something, and fishing line is cheap and easy.

Anyone got any other tips about deterring deer, there are definitely deer where I'm planting out, at every plot in fact.

there used to be a pest deterrent called renardine that worked well, but its banned now

Why You Should Not Be Using Renardine As A Fox RepellentThere is a lot of old information circling around on the Internet about Renardine as an effective fox repellent, so to make it very clear, as of 30th June 2005, Renardine is banned in the UK and cannot be used, sold, supplied or advertised under the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986

your best bet surely must be chicken wire/mesh to prevent being eaten by rabbits or deer

I've read of people putting dog hair around the area where their plants are to try to deter the deer. I have no idea if it would work I'm a bit sceptical myself.

Has anyone tried the strain 'freisland' in Scotland?

Latest posts

Latest posts