What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor adventures

Greaselightning

The dappled sunlight shows this grow to be under a loose tree canopy so it is great to see the plants thriving in partial shade. I have a few younger plants out in similar conditions just starting to bud while stretching nicely with deep green leaves thanks to a mackerel buried just beneath the root zone.
love the mackeral idea, i once, put some fish in my soil. where sum tasty bud it deffo adds flavour.

Greaselightning

Looks nice man. At the start of this thread I wasn't sure if there would be enough light in that gully, but they ended up lookin pretty good!
yeah thanks bud its very low light, but does great when summer months are hot. as i dont need to water much, next year ive got some better spots with more light/ open area. hopefully the plants should do way better.

Greaselightning

Nice thread! like you I'm a gorilla grower from way back starting when I was 14. More recently however I'm not really growing gorilla ,things and the law has changed a bit and it's easier for me now. I do miss the challenge and have many fond memories of those days. I see you got some plants in cages and some not. I always have to cage my plant for bunnies and the damn groundhogs .Also I see you have collers mad of cups around your plants , is that for cutworms? Do you seed directly in the ground? I've never had any luck with direct seeding always go with transplants
thanks bud the cups are for slug traps. they work pretty decent to be honest, the ones that are caged are different plants to the little ones. pretty much just got put right in the ground after rooting 1 litre pots. where the bigger ones i amended the ground soil a we bit.

Greaselightning

hello again, its been like ten days since the last visit, i had to go again i couldnt help myself. as the past couple days has been super hot above 25 degrees, so where wondering if the plants needed water and such. so much for not going for another month, lol i got battered by nettles and such stingy one. took me good few hour in total. when i got there everything needed nutrients so i did 2 water runs with probably 25 litre each added cal/mag and bloom. i also sprayed everything with biobizz leaf coat, its my first time using this stuff so far it looks good, im hoping it does well. other then that the plants are doing great.
leaf coat.jpg
s.jpg
f.jpg

Greaselightning

hello so its been a couple week since i whent back to the plot, everything is in flower now hopefully they make it until around mid November with out rot, when i got there the big blue cheese had fallen down so sorted that out. gave some more nutrients, i had to shake every plant as these lil brown leaf type things land on the bud and cause rot so gotta keep on top of that too. also i had a few autos chuck some Hermathrodite parts anyhow i picked them off and let them be. if they manage to make seed fair plays ill have some more seed.
fallen bc.jpg

plots.jpg

bluecheese.jpg

these are little brown things that land in the bud, pretty annoying but it is what it is.
b.jpg

Greaselightning

check out this little thing at first i thought this where a biker lemon, but pretty sure now its the biker og. could tell this where something special from the leafs of the get go, anyhow past couple week sinse it started flower now ino how good it is. smells crazy, super strong smelling.
biker.jpg

biker.og.jpg

Greaselightning

hello growers ive had some branches brake the past couple week. but the bluecheese is still standing i where out other day, and at one point the plants where hitting the ground and bouncing back up with the wind lol. anyhow its all looking good with no rot so far, the wind seems to be helping a lot keep moister levels down. so all good on that. heres the bluecheese plant before and after the brake
branch snap.jpg

bbbluecheesef.jpg

bluechheseout.jpg

Greaselightning

this is the little plant i call annaseed, it all ways comes out looking the same. ive done a few of these same seeds over the years outdoor, and all ways does good is probz one of the best outdoor weeds ive tried/ grown. ill after try make some s1s of these at one point as its so un familiar its like a aniseed mint like taste. with a crazy good happy high, also the branching is super nice and neat it branches like the perfect plant such a great plant ive had it 2 year now from some seeds found in bud.
annas.jpg

anna.jpg

annaseed.jpg

Greaselightning

these are the other little autos i have, they where made from a sweet seeds strain. by my father a few years ago, anyhow this year they didnt flower until the normal photoperiod times. which where a bit confusing because last year they flowered out mid season. any one any idea whats going on, with them id appreciate the help as there pretty much my first ever autos ive done, apart from the one or 2 last year.
auto.jpg

Greaselightning

hello i have been, to the plot again a few times recently. had nothing but rain here for the past few weeks, so ive had to go like every other day to shake the plants and all. so far theres just minor rot on the odd few autos and the tall bluecheese, everything is looking pretty nice i did take the odd auto that where rotting. as some smoke is better then none, i got a couple pics of a few photo strains too. also thanks alot to everyone thats been following.
plot1.jpg

bbbcoutbud.jpg

bbbcct.jpg

2 bluecheese plants. the bottom one is smelling way better, full blueberry fresh scent.
bikerlem.jpg

biker lemon. has a full lemon like zest smell with some lime in there.
bikerogplant.jpg

bog.jpg

biker og. smells like fizzy sweets super crazy terps.
ss auto.jpg

sweet seeds auto. has a gassy cali terp smell.
annaseed.jpg

annaseed, the smell i cant describe if i could it would be like a aniseed ammonia smell, i will visit again soon check if theres anymore rot. peace.

Greaselightning

so i whent back, to check if the rot had progressed and it where hitting the odd auto. i took most the autos down just left the odd bottom buds, so far im pretty happy with what ive got of the autos. id say around 2 oz dry probably. everything else is pretty good with no rot the biker lemon showed a little, so might after take that to in the next week or so. buds are premature but it smells amazing.
plot.jpg
sweet seed autos.jpg
plot d.jpg
aauto buds.jpg

Greaselightning

so i have been super busy with the plot this week guys, so didnt have time to upload until now. so far ive had a ball this year proper enjoyed it, pretty much did everything on my own this year. i got like 50 gram dry of the autos, and its actually decent. i took the biker lemon other day probably got few oz of that, the big bluecheese seed started to rot a little. but i caught it perfect just as it hit the most top dense bud, so been at that today, the big bluecheese plant has smashed everything on yield, real keeper outdoor plant the best bc outdoor ive done to date, ill upload the final yield on the bc when dry.
bc plant.jpg
bcbudw.jpg

the biker lemon where pretty nice to, considering the climate.
bl.jpg

bikerlem,.jpg

Greaselightning

ive got a few more plants in the, ground that are not rotting yet so let them be. all 3 are awesome looking plants my favourite is the bc though. cant pick out the other 2, what to keep i do have a few seeds of each still. but still cant decide out the sfvxpurps and annaseed.
this is the sfvxpurps.

sfvxpurpsf.jpg
the annaseed plant.
anna..jpg

annaseedp.jpg

this one is my bb bc cut. now this plant is amazing it changes everytime like gets better.
bbbccut.jpg

bc.jpg

Greaselightning

hello so the bluecheese seed yield, where just over 110 gram. the taste is lacking on this pheno, dont no whether it where because it where outdoor or not. the buds however are pretty decent nice high to it i have a clone of this pheno indoor, so will see if its any decent on flavour when i run it next indoor, the biker lemon yield where 30 gram i actually prefer it over this bc on the taste/ flavour.
bbbluecheese outdoor.jpg
bcoutdoorcut.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts