What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor adventures

Greaselightning

Lovely looking little patch of heaven :)

Plants looking happy & healthy !

Is it in a valley / gulley ? Im guessing the breeze whistles right up the pass.
Yeh, it kind of works, but the rot, there's no stopping it. I need something super mould-resistant. The blue cheese always does decently, sometimes without rot, but the buds are very small and unproduced. They still have a nice taste, though.

Old Ford

Yeh, it kind of works, but the rot, there's no stopping it. I need something super mould-resistant. The blue cheese always does decently, sometimes without rot, but the buds are very small and unproduced. They still have a nice taste, though.
I did wonder how the airflow was as it looks pretty hampered , airflow would reduce the risk.

RGSC Super 61 fem seems to be pretty special at holding off the rot , i had it out in the miserable UK wet autumn until early november and held out like a champ , comes up huge and very tasty.
Auto wise , SeedStockers Mandarin Panties been the toughest to date , zero dramas , 2wks past her chop date and held firm in the wet & cold , 3 plants and zero rot , seeing it hold up in a few other places too.

Greaselightning

I did wonder how the airflow was as it looks pretty hampered , airflow would reduce the risk.

RGSC Super 61 fem seems to be pretty special at holding off the rot , i had it out in the miserable UK wet autumn until early november and held out like a champ , comes up huge and very tasty.
Auto wise , SeedStockers Mandarin Panties been the toughest to date , zero dramas , 2wks past her chop date and held firm in the wet & cold , 3 plants and zero rot , seeing it hold up in a few other places too.
Thanks for the info, bud. I will definitely check these out.

Greaselightning

Hello, I've been to the plot again recently. The first time, I took a crazy-strong garlic mix and washed every plant. I also used a litre of calmag on everything, as the bottom leaves were yellowing quite a bit from all the rain and such the past couple weeks. When I came back the second time, the garlic wash had pretty much done nothing, and the bugs were still out in force. So I took bug repellent and sprayed everything. cleared the ground and used some of the autos reused soil to cover the little plants.
a1.jpg

a2.jpg

resolva.jpg

Greaselightning

Hello, I went back to the plot again, and everything is pretty much doing well. I took some more calmag and bloom. It seemed they loved the first litre of Calmag a week or two ago, so I gave them more. The bug wash is also doing the job. It has been super windy the past couple weeks, so this could be why the bugs are slowly going away. Next time I go, I will stake all the plants and such.
blue.jpg
bluecheese.jpg

Last edited:

Greaselightning

I forgot to post my water source couldn't figure out how to upload a video. Basically, I was carrying water to the plot until last winter, when I noticed I had a water source close by, the problem where i couldn't get to it, so I got a car fuel pump hosepipe, a battery, and a water pump was made, I have to say it works amazing.
water.jpg

waterpump.jpg

water 2.jpg

Greaselightning

Hello, I went back again. Recently, the blue cheese seed has been doing great; it's almost 7ft. Most of the plants needed support, so I sorted that out and gave them some more nutrients. Plants should be fine now for a good month or so. I'm looking forward to seeing all the colours on everything in the fall.

Old Ford

Real happy & healthy plants mate ! All credit to ya !!

Would love some decent sunshine to be growing in , sadly we dont get much of a season here , short indicas mainly , anything else is a big gamble and require light dep in reality.

Impressive stuff mate, keep the pics coming :)

Greaselightning

Real happy & healthy plants mate ! All credit to ya !!

Would love some decent sunshine to be growing in , sadly we dont get much of a season here , short indicas mainly , anything else is a big gamble and require light dep in reality.

Impressive stuff mate, keep the pics coming :)
Thanks, bud. Yeah, the sun's been pretty crap this year, I've got a feeling it's going to get warm these next couple months, hopefully. Thanks for the heads up on thoose strains will definitely be trying some from RGS next year, along with some other stuff.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I forgot to post my water source couldn't figure out how to upload a video. Basically, I was carrying water to the plot until last winter, when I noticed I had a water source close by, the problem where i couldn't get to it, so I got a car fuel pump hosepipe, a battery, and a water pump was made, I have to say it works amazing.
View attachment 18878609
View attachment 18878610
View attachment 18878612
Absolutely brilliant idea to use a car fuel pump powered by a compact battery to feed irrigation lines from a brook. Silent and efficient plant watering with no labor involved.

Old Piney

Nice thread! like you I'm a gorilla grower from way back starting when I was 14. More recently however I'm not really growing gorilla ,things and the law has changed a bit and it's easier for me now. I do miss the challenge and have many fond memories of those days. I see you got some plants in cages and some not. I always have to cage my plant for bunnies and the damn groundhogs .Also I see you have collers mad of cups around your plants , is that for cutworms? Do you seed directly in the ground? I've never had any luck with direct seeding always go with transplants