What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other Hobbies..

C

CTSV

My dream knife. 7 1/4" damascus Santoku
12.802.jpg

C

cellardweller

yeah, CTSV, my dream too..
the only thing is they are a bitch to sharpen due to the high high carbon content in the steel, and if it's not done by someone who knows what they are doing, they can ruin the temper.
For my regular kitchen knives, I am rocking the Globals. Not great, but not bad considering the abuse I give them.

hey there, JQP :wave:
wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your sons handiwork..

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am a chronic masterbater.
its like my favorite thing....EVER!
not even a hobby anymore, more like a job :p

C

cellardweller

i am a chronic masterbater.
its like my favorite thing....EVER!
not even a hobby anymore, more like a job :p

me too, frank, me too..everynight whether I need to or not!
LMFAO!! doh!

Vash, sweet! I'll find the time !

I2KanGrow

reading (good fiction) Dean Koontz,....... good music (no hiphop or rap) hiking and picking my nose hairs out

Well, I don't pick my nosehairs - got one of those round electric thingys for trimmin' instead, but I'm also a fan of Dean Kontz, along w/ Jonathan Kellerman, Steven King & Greg Isles - to name my favorites.

I enjoy photography, I play music - winds (sax mostly), 70's rock (Chicago, BS&T), some 40's swing/big band stuff, and I ride a vintage Goldwing Aspencade, when my back allows it.

Crazy sativa

Fishing is wath i do on al my spare time or holidays.
I fish for carp only and know that this is a nuisance fish in lots of country,s. Overhere they are pretty rare and hard to catch and holding a 30 or 40 pounder after a good long fight is the top for me.

C

cellardweller

:wave: Strainbrain, Botanist, I2KanGrow..
:wave: Crazy sativa..yeah, although carp are a nuisance fish in my area, they do grow up to 30 pounds and even larger around here, and are relatively easy to catch too..we use specialized baits for them. Kind if a mixture of bread, corn, clams and chickpeas all ground up in a food processor, mixed to a doughy consistency. Sure is fun hooking a 10-12 pounder on 6 pound test and a 6 foot fast action rod..

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fishing is wath i do on al my spare time or holidays.
I fish for carp only and know that this is a nuisance fish in lots of country,s. Overhere they are pretty rare and hard to catch and holding a 30 or 40 pounder after a good long fight is the top for me.

Yes, they're more or less the "trash" fish here too, and there's a ton of them around. If you ever hook one, though, it'll be a tussle to remember.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Hey, CD.

Tell me a little more about how you paint your models... I'm guessing from what I know about 'your' version of this hobby that you lay down airbrush, then decals and oils/powders to weather? Feel free to totally nerd out, I wasn't kidding when I said I used to do this for money - you won't lose me. :D

I'm trying to add that to my toolbox right now, the weathering thing. There are tanks and tank-like vehicles associated with 'my' version of the hobby as well and a solid grasp of traditional military modelling/painting techniques would be really handy.

-s, Brother in Tedium

C

cellardweller

Crazy, you lazy fisherman you! lol..j/k bro..

SB..Actually, I have never used an airbrush. It's all done by spray can and brushed details by hand, as well as detailing with powders and such, finishing with a gloss coat, then decals, then a matte coat.
I used to make stencils for the camo out of the sticky type Saran wrap and use a pencil eraser to burnish the edge, then spray the pattern. Hope this helped alittle. When you get yer 75 posts, I'll pm you a shitload of modeling links I used as reference and learning how to paint.
peace
~dubbs

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Vash,
Hi cellardweller,
always nice to meet some fellow-fisherman.
This pics tells what's it about.
picture.php

picture.php

Uh oh.....fish on!! I had to look at that twice. missed that tight line in the second pic. too busy looking at your "best friend". What was on the other end of that line - catfish, maybe? Nice pics, Crazy.

basilfarmer

I like to get really high and fly my airplane around and buzz my old high school.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

thats so fuckin hilarious, just remember to pull up tho :yoinks:

I know this old crazy eastern European guy that used to buzz cross country skiers on the lake; would completely drive em bananas. it was all fun and games till the cops told him to cut it out.

another guy used to fly his plane up and turn it off!! and then restart it and come out of the tumble just in time. fucked up if you ask me, i was just a kid and he offered me a ride in his plane after demonstrating his insanity and my mother almost beat his ass lol

edit wtf??? "you must spread some..." whenwas last time i gave rudedude K+?? man my memory is going.

C

cellardweller

I like to get really high and fly my airplane around and buzz my old high school.

yeah that is pretty high Rand..:muahaha:

hiya Vash, basil farmer..
how you guys doin?
I just about forgot about this thread till the new subforum was put up..
thanks again, OP!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Good thread though, read quite a bit of it today. :yes:

basilfarmer - nice name, I've just actually planted some basil about half an hour ago :biglaugh:

@ crazysativa - is there a bird sat on your fishing rod in that first pic???

Latest posts

Latest posts