What's new

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Grandfunk haze 3 weeks shy a day. A couple tops I had to bend over but nice flexible and sturdy stems so no problem. One plant looks like she's got too much N in the soil, went with a 1/4 strength re amendments but looks like I could have done less still. Some really nice mentholated smell on some of the sticky stem rubs, cleared my nose right out like vics, really excited for these ones. Will put put up a second trellis this weekend, deleaf this week and some final pruning on lowers.

looks great! :respect: that smell comes from trainwreck/thai mother. I am smoking only granfunk these days and my cut smells lemony floral with camphor musk and that chemical honey smell with little livery incense in the background. taste is not strong mentholated on exhale, more just hazy spicy lemony, but after finishing joint I feel that my mouth is cooled, and thats pretty cool :D

I hope you will find one long term keeper at least. fingers crossed!!!

Beautiful plants from everyone, the tropical boogie and grandfunk look great.
And the finishing surreals... mmm

thanks... yours look great too. it looks very quick at you. great resin, I love to smoke shake from haze resin... yummy yummy...

JustGrowing420

thanks... yours look great too. it looks very quick at you. great resin, I love to smoke shake from haze resin... yummy yummy...

Thank you too, yes this one was from seed also and started putting out flowers at 1 week-10 days 11/13, the others are clones and they are already 2 weeks in, looks like somewhere in the next they start forming flowers too. due to timing i will only pollinate the other 4 since this one is already advanced in flowering.
do you think it is worth it polinating a lower branch of it too and just harvest all the rest and leave to mature seeds? or will seeds not mature correctly with most of the plant gone?

Limeygreen

Veteran
The weather is holding up still for me so things are moving quickly tankfully, these grandfunk look like they would like to stack up in the coming months, not done their stretch quite yet, stems still pliable but in the next couple weeks I would expect the main stretch is done, so far very easy going plants and strong stem rub smells.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thank you too, yes this one was from seed also and started putting out flowers at 1 week-10 days 11/13, the others are clones and they are already 2 weeks in, looks like somewhere in the next they start forming flowers too. due to timing i will only pollinate the other 4 since this one is already advanced in flowering.
do you think it is worth it polinating a lower branch of it too and just harvest all the rest and leave to mature seeds? or will seeds not mature correctly with most of the plant gone?
i

it is better if it will mature on whole plant... your pheno looks very bshw, I dont think I got such pheno. I am watching it, keep us updated please.

pheno7, ready to chop imo. resin is getting brownish.. the smell is floral sandalwood musk with some pepper sauce or something...

fetch

and pheno4, calyxes are swollen but resin is milky, it is very visible...

fetch

fetch

fetch

MallardDuck

let be correct, blueberry x nevilles haze. so you will pop more? :D it looks good, they will recover quickly. it is F1 hybrid.

No I wont pop anymore for now... the space is dedicated to Mindblower Haze now :dance013:

The MBs recovered nicely from my mistreatment and I repotted to 8L pots and put them under a net. They are about 1 week into flower now and filling out the screen very fast. Lovely musky, hazey stem rub on MB3 and more citrus hazey on MB1.

20211215_131013.jpg

20211215_131022.jpg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
No I wont pop anymore for now... the space is dedicated to Mindblower Haze now :dance013:

The MBs recovered nicely from my mistreatment and I repotted to 8L pots and put them under a net. They are about 1 week into flower now and filling out the screen very fast. Lovely musky, hazey stem rub on MB3 and more citrus hazey on MB1.

nice!:yay: musk is the word for this cross. I await crazy musk, the most musky weed in the world :D haha.

now I know what that male can do... soo you are in treat bro.;)

this is not typical shy sativa in terps, it will be loud imo. it is hard to describe musk of paki kush thai... it is different and very unusual. thats why I used it and I think it is perfect for Mr. Shine. on the other side at tropical boogie, I feel, it should be different male, some more fruity one... that would be better imo. let see how Sub will like it. there are two more guys with it. I am sure we will see it from them. one of them is lover of old dutch hawaiian haze, and his judge can be very valuable..

MallardDuck

Well, I am relatively new at growing cannabis only a couple years now... My first haze! I am happy to give you my thoughts but they probably arent quite as useful as Sub or some of the others. But its a different perspective maybe than the old heads. The "New" perspective.

I am still having low temps overnight... I adjusted the light schedule (11/13) to turn on earlier in the morning. I would like to get a small heater for night but money is tight right now. Maybe Santa can fit a space heater down my chimney.

I am probably going to hit a branch with a little Guatemala pollen I have been given (male chosen from 30) and some of my Zacatecas Tribute pollen just for fun. The Zacatecas pollen probably isn't anything special, except that is was from my first time making seed. I practiced stressing the male Zacatecas tribute out via drought/overwater and changing the light schedule to check for hermaphrodite sensitivity. What do you think are the ways people should stress breeding plants out to check for hemry traits Maha? just curious. :chin:

2121 o.png

funkyhorse

I accidentally broke the top shot of this Senegal Haze x Ohz girl and a week later I see this, she is already drying. It has amazing smells. It smells like the taste of her mom buds. Her mother didnt smell like this
Senegal haze x seedsman hz (14).jpeg
Senegal haze x seedsman hz (15).jpeg
Senegal haze x seedsman hz (16).jpeg
Senegal haze x seedsman hz (17).jpeg

Besides chopping them in half, I saw that bringing males from outdoors to indoors triggers intersex in some males
From what I am seeing, an intersex boy is not necessarily passing this trait if it is a landrace boy. Intersex girl is a lot of work

Would this girl remain pure girl if the accident would not have happened?

JustGrowing420

Hi! Surreal v2 #7 at 47 days looking hungry, but maybe also temps as they dropped a few degrees last days. Smell is berry/grape-cheesy-hazy for now.

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I accidentally broke the top shot of this Senegal Haze x Ohz girl and a week later I see this, she is already drying. It has amazing smells. It smells like the taste of her mom buds. Her mother didnt smell like this

Besides chopping them in half, I saw that bringing males from outdoors to indoors triggers intersex in some males
From what I am seeing, an intersex boy is not necessarily passing this trait if it is a landrace boy. Intersex girl is a lot of work

Would this girl remain pure girl if the accident would not have happened?

who knows? maybe not :D

yes, they use intersex "males" in Thailand for example and still get lot of non problematic females from it..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hi! Surreal 7 at 47 days looking hungry, but maybe also temps as they dropped a few degrees last days. Smell is berry/grape-cheesy-hazy for now.

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

shit man, I am envious. I wanted grapey one... no grapey one for me... looks hungry yes, so you will add some N into it? it should take some lower temps, but of course, higher temps are better :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That's beautiful.
What is Surreal 7?

7 means number of phenotype I guess and he wrote surreal, but it is not accurate. there is surrealV1 which haze/oaxacan x bshw, but this one you see there is surrealV2 which is bshw x haze. so it should be surrealV2 pheno 7 :D

JustGrowing420

Yeah sorry for confusion, edited. I think next feeding it will get some N as its early still, I have now also heating during nightcycle to keep temps around 20c.

MAHA KALA most if not all of your phenos look far more hazy than this one, so maybe the one I got is BSHW as you said and that's why its more grapey, let's see what I get in the other 4 :biggrin:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
7 means number of phenotype I guess and he wrote surreal, but it is not accurate. there is surrealV1 which haze/oaxacan x bshw, but this one you see there is surrealV2 which is bshw x haze. so it should be surrealV2 pheno 7 :D

I'm almost sorry I asked. :biglaugh:
But thanks for clearing that up. bshw x haze sounds excellent and it certainly looks great.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I'm almost sorry I asked. :biglaugh:
But thanks for clearing that up. bshw x haze sounds excellent and it certainly looks great.

hahahah it is not so complicated, but you will forget it anyway hahahaha. maybe even I will forget it...

sure bshw is good breeding tool and I think it is ideal for haze, it should not disturb haze high anyhow, it shouldn't shorten duration of haze high, it should not make it more body or too relaxing, it should not make it crashing devastating feeling or confusing/disoriented feeling, and mainly it shouldn't make it narcotic, opiate pills like... it should not change haze terps too much as it is in similar smell spectrum. only it should make it more chunky and shorten flowering time up to 90days.

cheers.

fetch

fetch

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Yeah sorry for confusion, edited. I think next feeding it will get some N as its early still, I have now also heating during nightcycle to keep temps around 20c.

MAHA KALA most if not all of your phenos look far more hazy than this one, so maybe the one I got is BSHW as you said and that's why its more grapey, let's see what I get in the other 4 :biggrin:

:wave: yeah yours have also small calyxes compared to mine, so very bshw, but not identical to bshw I am sure. I love that hazy grape smell... I dont like grapes at purple urkle or gdp... I didnt like grape pheno of sour diesel x nevilles haze. so I thought I am not lover of grape terps. then I found that grapey bshw individual and.... boom! I love haze grapes :dance013:

Well, I am relatively new at growing cannabis only a couple years now... My first haze! I am happy to give you my thoughts but they probably arent quite as useful as Sub or some of the others. But its a different perspective maybe than the old heads. The "New" perspective.

I am still having low temps overnight... I adjusted the light schedule (11/13) to turn on earlier in the morning. I would like to get a small heater for night but money is tight right now. Maybe Santa can fit a space heater down my chimney.

I am probably going to hit a branch with a little Guatemala pollen I have been given (male chosen from 30) and some of my Zacatecas Tribute pollen just for fun. The Zacatecas pollen probably isn't anything special, except that is was from my first time making seed. I practiced stressing the male Zacatecas tribute out via drought/overwater and changing the light schedule to check for hermaphrodite sensitivity. What do you think are the ways people should stress breeding plants out to check for hemry traits Maha? just curious. :chin:

people are doing things like Cannared mentioned, plus ph fluctuation etc. simply anything what can stress plant..

yeah it is tropical plant mostly, so it loves warm nights. cold temps can slow down it a lot and also quality of smoke can drop, which is what you dont want I think. try to think about it. of course, it is strong F1 hybrid, so it can take a lot, like you said it recovered quickly. but warm nights are ideal.

nice skull, you like these nature scenes? how you call that pic, touch of death? :D hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts