What's new

Original Diesel.

Dawgz_Daze

At the time Sour and Original Diesel came about, Greg was supposedly filling rooms with Chem91 x Super Skunk. Not even growing the 91. So the bagseed these different crews were popping thinking they had Chemdog probably had a Chem91 x Super Skunk bagseed. Which would make a whole hell of a lot of sense. The stretch in Sour could absolutely be recessive traits coming from either Chemdog91 or Super Skunk popping up in the S1 progeny.
Edit: Swell and Vondo collected the Diesel bagseeds from 1992-1994. Those were the bagseeds that they popped the Diesel #1 and Diesel #2 from, and Diesel 2 is the mother to the Sour cut Manny popped in 1996. The Diesel #2 is the plant that they called Daywrecker, and also was called Headband by 1 person I believe. He called it Headband because how it made him feel. Everyone else called it Diesel. The Weasel also had a "Diesel" at the time but it was just Chemdog91. Chemdog does not really herm and make seeds so I think the popular theory is that the Super Skunk hermed on the Chemdog and thats what made the Diesel seed Swell and Vondo collected.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Original Diesel S1 clone ( 2) = Original Diesel clone x Original Diesel clone Reversed.

extreme loud Diesel smell/taste and heavy Indica potency

Feminized Original Diesel project nearly finished , extremely dominant the Original Diesel in X's and especially when Reversed so your guaranteed to get at least 1 Diesel leaning pheno in any of the X's.

20220831_123007.jpg
20220831_122917.jpg
20220831_122954.jpg
20220831_122951.jpg
20220831_122959.jpg

PlasmaTube

I'm from CNY, I selfed the upstate cut mid 2000's from 2001 seed I pulled one from an elbow, the rest is history.. you want real ECSD, it comes from here..... my biased opinion - some decent pics above

it always herms at the end, very rarely producing any mature seeds IME
Binghamton area here. About to work this 96/Albany/Weasel. IMO being an east coaster comes with an obligatory Haze and Sour badge, lol. But also, after looking at different clones I wanted to work with, the original D represented the best qualities of sours I used to smoke in mid/highschool before moving to NEPA. Back in NY..... Back 2 The Sour. Love this thread.

Plookerkingjon

Boy does this seem like a f****** rabbit hole
Probably can only be found at a phish show and some rare obscure parking lot, so some Dunning Kruger pollenchucker can bottleneck it some more yar

Piff_cat

Yes, The originals would need to be sequenced. There are DNA services for cannabis. I've used 1. It's too late now. Most of the old cuts cant be 100% verified anymore. It also helps with people renaming cuts.. This is a huge problem.
im not sure dna sequencing would be most effective method. most of the phenotypic traits between cuts is plasticity of secondary metablite pathways. dna could expose a clone if it had a wrong parent/outcross but deciding between f1 clone, f2/s1 seed pop would be very difficult. a standard profile template designed to identify unqiue genes on a strain by strain basis could be a good way to go. for example. chem91 has 5 thc synthases and its genome is actually annotated. so that could be a good place to start.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im not sure dna sequencing would be most effective method. most of the phenotypic traits between cuts is plasticity of secondary metablite pathways. dna could expose a clone if it had a wrong parent/outcross but deciding between f1 clone, f2/s1 seed pop would be very difficult. a standard profile template designed to identify unqiue genes on a strain by strain basis could be a good way to go. for example. chem91 has 5 thc synthases and its genome is actually annotated. so that could be a good place to start.

I would disagree. It's a perfect method to certify any clone is legit. The original would need to be sequenced 1st for this to work. The same cut/Clone will not produce a different DNA sequence no matter who has it. The only way to change that is through Genetic modification which involves adding a specific stretch of DNA into the plant's genome, giving it new or different characteristics. The plant’s genetic makeup is inherited from its parents and its blueprint for growth. Cloned marijuana plants, however, exhibit identical DNA profiles that allow for the tracking of plant material derived from a common genetic lineage. The genotype details the entire spectrum of possibilities for a particular cannabis strain. The reality is that no two genotypes will be identical, even from the same family – unless a plant is cloned.

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present

led05

Chasing The Present
I would disagree. It's a perfect method to certify any clone is legit. The original would need to be sequenced 1st for this to work. The same cut/Clone will not produce a different DNA sequence no matter who has it. The only way to change that is through Genetic modification which involves adding a specific stretch of DNA into the plant's genome, giving it new or different characteristics. The plant’s genetic makeup is inherited from its parents and its blueprint for growth. Cloned marijuana plants, however, exhibit identical DNA profiles that allow for the tracking of plant material derived from a common genetic lineage. The genotype details the entire spectrum of possibilities for a particular cannabis strain. The reality is that no two genotypes will be identical, even from the same family – unless a plant is cloned.
Whom determines archetypes / baselines? Phylos - lol…..

LostTribe

Premium user

Crazy Chester

taste the original as well as the east coast this weekend.

2-6pm Nov 5 2022 Lincoln Hill Farms, 3792 NY-247, Canandaigua, NY 14424

screen-shot-2022-10-21-at-11-26-13-am-png.18771838

I'll be doing 3 tastings, hazes, sour/chem/og kush, and then dessert strains

come taste my sungrown herbs...

View attachment 18777372

View attachment 18777373

View attachment 18777370

View attachment 18777371
Chunkypigs - you are killing it outdoors!

When I was a NY outdoor grower, probably half of my crops were spectacular until the last two-three weeks of flowering - then I'd watch all that hard work and all those big beautiful buds just rot to death during one of those late flower rainy weeks.

But, when that late fall multi-day rain doesn't come - IMO, upstate NY grows even better bud than the Emerald Triangle in CA. I think the higher average humidity helps get the resins extra sticky/greasy with stronger terps than the drier resins produced in CA.

Hats off to your dedication - I know NY outdoor can be challenging and is heart-breaking some years.

Last edited: