What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Diesel.

Dawgz_Daze

Also there is definitely more than 1 Original Diesel, or Diesel, or Headband or whatever ya wanna call it. I'm gonna document side by sides for this exact reason. No more confusion and for the head stash of course.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kinda funny considering JJ is pretty firm on the idea that the Daywrecker is dead...
Again JJ has been following me for years visa versa on Instagram even my old account that had all the Original Diesel work and never once said anything when posting ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was growing Daywrecker I would definitely have pictures. In flower, veg, clone, etc
When you grow it you do that , ive documented it over the last decade online in several X's Regular and Feminized and done the Original Diesel S1 project. My Instagram page was deleted banned last year which had most of my work documented there.

The Diesel story/game is 1 of the most confusing with many stories/cuts/motives etc etc that its near impossible to get to the bottom of it, trust me i been trying for well over a decade, more like 2 decades

Dawgz_Daze

I agree with ya though the story is a cluster fuck. I have an Original Diesel right now which is the one Skunk Tek uses. Getting the Weasel Diesel next week to run also. Then I'm working on sourcing some more.

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with ya though the story is a cluster fuck. I have an Original Diesel right now which is the one Skunk Tek uses. Getting the Weasel Diesel next week to run also. Then I'm working on sourcing some more.
A mate was telling me he thinks the Skunktek looks the most similar he has seen online
Sounds like a good project , if you get all the most legit Diesel cuts you can in 1 run that could be an amazing showdown

Dawgz_Daze

A mate was telling me he thinks the Skunktek looks the most similar he has seen online

Sounds like a good project , if you get all the most legit Diesel cuts you can in 1 run that could be an amazing showdown
Thats the plan. I wouldnt get rid of any of them either. So I would be running them over and over side by side. I've wanted to grow them anyway since I was a kid and read about the Daywrecker. With all the debate and what not going on right now I thought it would also be cool to document some of my grows for a project. I've been very fortunate to come across some wonderful plants pretty early on. Now I'm full blown on the hunt. Doing pretty good so far. Thank the weed gods for that!

Dawgz_Daze

This is the Weasel Diesel I'm gonna also be running. She looks really really interesting. Different from others I've seen
IMG_20220824_031909.jpg

Desert Dan

Veteran
The cut game is even more messy than the seed game with people renaming anything and circulating it with the wrong tag. Anyway it seems like some good hybrids could come from your seeds OJD

The seed game is worse bro! You are trusting that people actually have the cut the claim to be making seeds with… That and/or you have faith in their selections.

Proof is in the pudding per usual 🤙

-DD

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seed game is worse bro! You are trusting that people actually have the cut the claim to be making seeds with… That and/or you have faith in their selections.

-DD
I agree , but the pudding been tasting pretty dam good the last 10 years using the Original Diesel clone.
From my strains using the Original Diesel clone been many heaters including Fuel ( Original Diesel x Chemdog bx2 Male) and Diesel Dipped Cookies ( Original Diesel x GSC Reversed) with both having some legendary followers who have grown along with every cut out there, many cup wins from Diesel Dipped Cookies from 710Savant and many more strains some mentioned in previous post.

Also the new work including the Original Diesel S1 project with 4 Original Diesel S1 keepers and the Chem d Wrecker ( Chem d x Original Diesel) which is some of the best Chem or Diesel genetic ive ever sampeld

Desert Dan

Veteran
I agree , but the pudding been tasting pretty dam good the last 10 years using the Original Diesel clone.
From my strains using the Original Diesel clone been many heaters including Fuel ( Original Diesel x Chemdog bx2 Male) and Diesel Dipped Cookies ( Original Diesel x GSC Reversed) with both having some legendary followers who have grown along with every cut out there, many cup wins from Diesel Dipped Cookies from 710Savant and many more strains some mentioned in previous post.

Also the new work including the Original Diesel S1 project with 4 Original Diesel S1 keepers and the Chem d Wrecker ( Chem d x Original Diesel) which is some of the best Chem or Diesel genetic ive ever sampeld
Oh for sure! Wasn’t calling you OJD… You have been rocking that cut for close to a decade 🤙

I wish I could have gotten some of those fuel seeds… still have 2 packs of the original og chem you released.

-DD ✌️

kro-magnon

Veteran

-DD
With breeder like Karma who is very transparent about his plants I can trust what I get is what I bought. But he is an exception for sure, another who gave me good result with every pack is Bodhi. It looks like OJD is pretty open about his genetics as well but I've not grown his seeds yet. Each seeds pack is a gamble and everybody knows that there is not 100% to find a keeper in each pack when I say the cut game is more messy is because the result is supposed to be guaranted but it's not the case very often. In general the canna world lacks trustworthy info about genetics, it's changing slowly.
Anyway in m'y country I have no Access to the famous cut or when some are available their origin is often shady so my best option to get good plants is seeds.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

It's my understanding there are two types of Sour Diesel - the original and NYCD. NYCD was from seeds made by Soma - it is the one that has the hint of citrus in it. The original doesn't have the hint of citrus. It's my understanding that the original cut is the AJ's and the Weasel because I've heard that AJ and Weasel did a video together explaining that they are the same cut (and my recent grow seems to confirm that). Unfortunately, I haven't found the video yet. I'm currently a bit less than half-way through flowering both the AJ's and Weasel Sour Diesels and I'm really straining to see or smell any difference at all. Both are being grown side by side in the same pot outdoors. This pic shows two of the AJ branches with Weasel in the middle:

AJ & Weasel.jpg

AJ's closeup:

AJ.jpg

Weasel closeup:

Weasel.jpg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
In your first pic if you had not said that's 2 different plants it's virtually impossible to differentiate them. Are you confident in the authenticity of your cuts?
Can someone explain me how a cut is authentified as the real deal?