What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Diesel.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I'm a bit confused about Original Diesel, I don't remember anyone mentioning it before 4/5 years but it's supposed to be an earlier version of ECSD. I can't find any grow reports of it in the old pages of this forum. I don't really understand how a supposed old strain is not mentioned anywhere when ECSD and NYCD were the queen in the 2000's.
It is mentionned numerous times way back to the early days of this forum if you dig enough, maybe not in the grow report section but instead you should try to search only with keywords like Daywrecker, Original Diesel, Diesel#1...

Old member @ghostnugz had amazing pictures and description of it, his grow skills were on point displaying a nice senescence like it should :

1661262729400.png

1661262673200.png

1661262591000.png

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is mentionned numerous times way back to the early days of this forum if you dig enough, maybe not in the grow report section but instead you should try to search only with keywords like Daywrecker, Original Diesel, Diesel#1...

Old member @ghostnugz had amazing pictures and description of it, his grow skills were on point displaying a nice senescence like it should :

View attachment 18747755

View attachment 18747752

View attachment 18747751
Not trying to start any trouble but that looks more like the ECSD Capt krip cut , amazing looking( as the Capt Sd cut was)but the Original Diesel is mich more Chem looking with extremely dark green leaves

Last edited:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
No worries ojd, I was also having a bit of doubt about his clone origin when seeing that ghostnugz's veg plant pictures grew quite stretchy with narrow leaves like ECSD but the nugs still looks quite dense and with more of a "square" shape like Chem 91 and Daywrecker, not running those dense foxtails as the ECSD normally do for most of us...

Also the senescence is almost the same colors displayed by the ECSD Chaco cut when done properly, mostly yellowish with a bit of that neon purple tinge. Your Daywrecker didn't fade like that if I remember well the pictures you posted some years back.

Maybe it's just a phenotype variation showing us a near perfectly grown ECSD? My bad if so...

Since yours is verified, show us more full flowering pictures when you have time !

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Original Diesel would never throw any pink/purples ever , straight Dark green and only if flushed extra would go yellow.

Capt krips ECSD cut would throw those same pinks/red/ which was a great way to identify it from other ECSD cuts again which would never throw out pinks/Purples And always either green or yellow.

The Capt krip ECSD cut was an amazing cut and it was a sad day when i lost it.

The Original Diesel clone has a very similar look to the Chem 91 cut

both have that dark waxy green leaves and insane stench and a taste of the Dankest Dank you ever tried.
and the Original Diesel is defo a Daywrecker with unbelievable Indica potency up there with the best Indica dom strains i ever sampled.

mack 10

Veteran
Need that Orig Diesel!
Thanks for all the pics an info OJD.
Itarzan also got that fire.
Big ups to all Diesel holders,
Sour, ECSD or Orig Diesel,
It's all fire.
Post up if ya holding.

Wish I had snagged some of those S1 Diesels you did...
How'd I miss that.

Last edited:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Original Diesel would never throw any pink/purples ever , straight Dark green and only if flushed extra would go yellow.

Capt krips ECSD cut would throw those same pinks/red/ which was a great way to identify it from other ECSD cuts again which would never throw out pinks/Purples And always either green or yellow.

The Capt krip ECSD cut was an amazing cut and it was a sad day when i lost it.

The Original Diesel clone has a very similar look to the Chem 91 cut

both have that dark waxy green leaves and insane stench and a taste of the Dankest Dank you ever tried.
and the Original Diesel is defo a Daywrecker with unbelievable Indica potency up there with the best Indica dom strains i ever sampled.
Thanks for the additional infos ojd.

Everything become more clear now : only the Daywrecker stay green you're right but I disagree with ECSD Chaco statement where you say it get only yellow fade as it could under certain conditions (good flush + cold nights) take purple colors when fading.. Chaco, Beancounter, Rez and many more had some colorful pictures of it.

I do personally believe now the Captain Krip Sour D was in fact the mysterious cut that circulated under the tag ECSD DHK in US & Europe back then (around 2007). Another member on IC grew this "DHK" cut aka Captain Krip Sour D and he had the same colors when fading as the pictures I've posted from ghostnugz... I also ran it a few time before loosing it but never had the colorful finish nor the same yield ghostnugz did lol. I and a few others even thought it was a cut coming from an early Rez stock at the time like ECSD V3 or early 06' release. Miss that cut... A friend did cross this clone to a Sour D IBL from 2010 and gave me a few F2's to work with.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
The cut game is even more messy than the seed game with people renaming anything and circulating it with the wrong tag. Anyway it seems like some good hybrids could come from your seeds OJD

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm not sure it's for me in this condition, the bullshit is quickly killing the fun for me.
As example of the confusion in the cut game, I was sharing my cuts with a growshop where I live so they could offer to some of their clients some clones. I had a selection of Blood Orange from Bodhi who was stellar, everything any grower wants in the same package but as it was totally unknown in my city so they called it Agent Orange and for a while growers would buy some AO to find the same phenotype they had tried but they could look for ever in those seeds.

Last edited:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I was ironic on the "fun" part !

I also think it get quite boring after so many years of researches...

:sneaky:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You been growing it for a decade but got no flower pics? Huh?
Ive posted pics over the years on this website, you can find some online , i dont have any saved pics no , i have pics on my Instagram also , had alot more on old Instagram account that got deleted.
I been using this cut for years and made many strains with it including
Fuel = Original Diesel clone x Chemdog bx2 Male
Dank Haze = Original Diesel clone x SSSDH
Diesel Dipped Cookies = Original Diesel clone x GSC clone Reversed ( several cup wins by savant seeds)
Original Diesel S1 = Original Diesel clone x Original Diesel clone Reversed
Chem d Wrecker = chem d clone x Original Diesel clone Reversed and many more

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Ive posted pics over the years on this website, you can find some online , i dont have any saved pics no , i have pics on my Instagram also , had alot more on old Instagram account that got deleted.
I been using this cut for years and made many strains with it including
Fuel = Original Diesel clone x Chemdog bx2 Male
Dank Haze = Original Diesel clone x SSSDH
Diesel Dipped Cookies = Original Diesel clone x GSC clone Reversed ( several cup wins by savant seeds)
Original Diesel S1 = Original Diesel clone x Original Diesel clone Reversed
Chem d Wrecker = chem d clone x Original Diesel clone Reversed and many more
Any coffee aromas in any if the s1's?

Also if any more became available I would deffo be interested

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

No none at all , no lemon either .
Just that loud Gas/Diesel tone that all Diesel cuts are known for in their own way and loudness but this is the loudest ive seen .
The cut we got is very tired now after all her years and hardship, she grows slow and weak hence the Original Diesel S1 project that was very important for us to try and find a back up/replacement and after 4 projects i finally produced enough seeds for a tiny release and the rest for the treasure chest to have as a back up use through the years in my seed project as i do with all my lines ive made from early days.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This clone is almost impossible to produce viable pollen and after 4 projects producing not even 10% of my normal seed pull and even 1% on a few it wont be repeated. But what im doing now is working through the best Original Diesel S1 clones ( 4 different phenos we kept from 6) and will Reverse the best pheno onto the Original Diesel clone and the other S1 Phenos and hopefully it will be strong viable pollen instead of the near sterile pollen the Original Diesel clone produces

Latest posts

Latest posts