What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Diesel.

kro-magnon

Veteran
i must be missing something, or be a shitty grower ...probably both the statements are true.... i bought, still have a shit-load of rez's seeds... from the 1st sour diesel,alpha, sdkush (which i have a plant growing) , strawberry, double strawberry.. and some others, so far (and it been lots of years), i have NEVER found anything close to an elite... some good weed, sure, but an elite...nope... yet karma and some others have found, and using as a base his genetics.... i just don't get it..
You certainly don't grow the same number of seeds, it's easier to find a good plant when you choose between dozens of them.
So far all the hybrids I've grown with Karma's SD were of very high quality. The Headbanger line became a classic and many breeders have used it to make hybrids themselves. Many people are selling clones called Sour Diesel who come straight from his SD Bx2 and Bx4 without saying they are from those seeds and those who say it comes from Karma's seeds sell their clones for pretty high prices as well.

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

i must be missing something, or be a shitty grower ...probably both the statements are true.... i bought, still have a shit-load of rez's seeds... from the 1st sour diesel,alpha, sdkush (which i have a plant growing) , strawberry, double strawberry.. and some others, so far (and it been lots of years), i have NEVER found anything close to an elite... some good weed, sure, but an elite...nope... yet karma and some others have found, and using as a base his genetics.... i just don't get it..
I’ve found some nice stuff in seed form, but I’ve NEVER found a real sour diesel in seed form. Even karmas has a slight kushy taste that isn’t there in real SD. That being said it’s pretty nice looking stuff, just not the real McCoy. I will say however, S1’s are pretty cool sometimes. I found a super nice ghost OG this round that tastes like straight loud gassy, piney, OG kush terps with a potency that will peel your fuckin wig back
IMG_1947.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
You certainly don't grow the same number of seeds, it's easier to find a good plant when you choose between dozens of them.
The Headbanger line became a classic and many breeders have used it to make hybrids themselves.
true true... i usually start 2 or 3 seeds every grow , hoping its a lady and an elite at that.... as to headbanger, i have 1 plant growing, it my 3rd or 4th run with her... i find her nice, but underwhelming, however 2 friends smoked some last year, they are not heavy smokers like i am, and my buddies were ripped.... one of em i was getting nervous about.... i will post some pics of the current banger next week when home.... rock solid buds...

bigherb

Veteran
Grown OutdoorNYC its a Diesel bagseed , harvested early, around end of October. I'd say first second week November would've been her sweet spot to maturity

Ironic/ interesting to me , in regards to Genetics and length of flower

Because I've flowered 3 different Nevils Haze phenos in the same / similar location to maturity. Latest i could harvest in my area was second week of November due to weather

I've only ever found 2 seeds over the years i was able to aquire her flowers . Soo I assume it was self pollination a late nanner

Dont recall exactly Pics from 2008ish

I was excited to find these so excuse the poor quality . This was a true story as all of minebare ,aside from my no Pic posting for many years

Soo in my opinion this shows more similarity to Original diesel that the Multi tag Sour Clones floating . Large flowers inner leaflets get more NLD / sativa look . Colas lean as they mature

I found the last diesel seed and 2 Hawaiian seed from the same connect in the valut

1luvbigherb
20240222_111046.jpg
20240222_111142.jpg
20240222_111152.jpg
20240222_111130.jpg
20240222_111307.jpg
20240222_110829.jpg

Jonestown88

who has the ecsd cut that was going around the forums around 2003? The stuff you can smell down the block when its in your pocket, flavor that sits on your tongue forever... Been through 4 cuts, even a diseased piece of garbage direct from JJ. I need her back in my life. Im sure I can make it worth your while in trade. View attachment 18846575
View attachment 18846576
Shes right here and she’s always have been right here in appalachia mainy the ohio valley southern oh southern wv and eastern ky but the reason you cant find her is bc she was never new york sour what you seek is roadkill skunk aka va superskunk but she’s actually from eastern ky born and bred you will never find what your looking for in chem and sour cuts dint get me wrong some sours have great fuel terps and chem have some great sourish notes but there not the rks! Everyone is looking in the wrong places and ny was our biggest customers in the 90s and early 2000s and apparently some people got famously claiming there cuts was ours i see why they was paying us 5000 a lb at the time it was unheard of back in appalchia u couldnt get over the 1500 lb bi matter of what the weed was stupid us i guess!

Attachments

• 6977304E-F0C3-4870-943B-8FBD65C74127.jpeg
    6977304E-F0C3-4870-943B-8FBD65C74127.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • 659EFBAC-143B-4A0B-A125-112DD55EF335.jpeg
    659EFBAC-143B-4A0B-A125-112DD55EF335.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • BC903EF8-E7EA-4051-B94B-F1C9FDDCEC70.png
    BC903EF8-E7EA-4051-B94B-F1C9FDDCEC70.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 75
  • 79045AEA-81DC-4CB3-AB1A-6444A4DE7F8E.jpeg
    79045AEA-81DC-4CB3-AB1A-6444A4DE7F8E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70

JetLife175

Veteran
Think the dog came from Colorado and Joe b was in California but I could be wrong on that,been a while since I pondered all this stuff haha

Joe and PBud were both in Colorado. The batch that was called dog bud came from the camas valley area in Oregon. That's as far as we've been able to trace back the dog bud. That comes directly from Joe Brand. Joe was the connect. PBud just helped out move the bags.

Rgd

Veteran
have orig diesel bud that should be dry tomorrow.

[along with a chemo/og clone bud]

will update

I don’t care a lot about taste but this plant gets a 10 for taste

slight muted fuel and strong delicous home roasted coffee after taste

coats the mouth ..smells up the room

the high was pleasant and balanced and not too couch and lasted quite awhile

wlds are not my thing so thats as far as I can go..

..easy to grow manageable plant

RicoD

Shes right here and she’s always have been right here in appalachia mainy the ohio valley southern oh southern wv and eastern ky but the reason you cant find her is bc she was never new york sour what you seek is roadkill skunk aka va superskunk but she’s actually from eastern ky born and bred you will never find what your looking for in chem and sour cuts dint get me wrong some sours have great fuel terps and chem have some great sourish notes but there not the rks! Everyone is looking in the wrong places and ny was our biggest customers in the 90s and early 2000s and apparently some people got famously claiming there cuts was ours i see why they was paying us 5000 a lb at the time it was unheard of back in appalchia u couldnt get over the 1500 lb bi matter of what the weed was stupid us i guess!

Its certainly possible, but i dont see any similarity in our photos. I hope youre right though. As far as I can tell shes long gone. If anyone has her they could retire in a weekend.

Jonestown88

Its certainly possible, but i dont see any similarity in our photos. I hope youre right though. As far as I can tell shes long gone. If anyone has her they could retire in a weekend.
I could be wrong but i doubt it but i bet if u smelled my skunk bud they wouldn’t be a doubt in your mind but this is just my theory

RicoD

Perhaps this is why some don't share. Not everyone is in it for the profit....
yea ive thought about this, too. I just dont buy it. Im not as well connected as I was 20 years ago, but I do have friends who maintained libraries in that time and it just seems lost. Anything with that kind of profile seems to have faded away. My latest theory is that at some point early on she got sick with a person who was an early and large sharer. She still put out her trademark stench for a bit after that, but it was a steady decline to where we are today. Its definitely possible shes still out there, but I think the money thats on the table if she were around would pull it out of hiding. Im not saying this is a good thing, just something that is. If you knew me, youd know I believe deeply in sharing freely as that was how old timers taught me very early on and I try to waive that flag any time i am able in their honor. Rising tides lifts all boats.

JetLife175

Veteran
Not sure if this has been mentioned but afficianadonis reallyy hyping up their original diesel lately. Any relation to the one OJD has?

Jonestown88

yea ive thought about this, too. I just dont buy it. Im not as well connected as I was 20 years ago, but I do have friends who maintained libraries in that time and it just seems lost. Anything with that kind of profile seems to have faded away. My latest theory is that at some point early on she got sick with a person who was an early and large sharer. She still put out her trademark stench for a bit after that, but it was a steady decline to where we are today. Its definitely possible shes still out there, but I think the money thats on the table if she were around would pull it out of hiding. Im not saying this is a good thing, just something that is. If you knew me, youd know I believe deeply in sharing freely as that was how old timers taught me very early on and I try to waive that flag any time i am able in their honor. Rising tides lifts all boats.
Im telling you i have it and have had damn near my whole life its in the mountains of wv u can believe me or not but im not trying to sell u anything and i gifted daz nightowl a cut to work with and i tried to gift notso dog csi and matt riot a cut but they blew me off

bimblebrains_1

Bro not trying to cause an argument and not disbelieving that's a stinky skunk but that is one sick looking plant,needs some serious micro nutrients.... respect for keeping her alive this long tho

Latest posts

Latest posts