What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Diesel.

St. Phatty

Original Diesel clone only Feminized project.

Clone Reversed from Female to Reversed Male for making Feminized seeds.

a bunch of Pods ive picked of to hand pollinate Female flowers.
I like to use pollen fresh of the plant and pollinate immediately not dry the pollen

View attachment 18850310 View attachment 18850312 View attachment 18850313 View attachment 18850311

In nature, the only drying the pollen gets is after pollen release, as it is floating through the air.

Aggressively dried pollen is not the same.

An interesting side experiment, but for best results, I also use fresh un-dried pollen.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In nature, the only drying the pollen gets is after pollen release, as it is floating through the air.

Aggressively dried pollen is not the same.

An interesting side experiment, but for best results, I also use fresh un-dried pollen.
I just stated that as alot of people dry pollen/freeze for a later date , I don't dry Regular or Feminized pollen I just pollinate fresh from plant.

For any newbies If your storing pollen you need to dry first, then can last for years in Freezer but I prefer fresh myself but still save some pollen in Freezer of most special varieties just because special pollen is worth more than money

Last edited:

Dawgz_Daze

So which Diesel cut did you Reverse ?
First pic looks like how the Chaco cut Reverses.

You won't be getting much pollen of that at all , Diesel is 1 of the worse clones to Reverse, either Reverses poorly or gives 90% sterile pollen so I'd repeatedly hand pollinate any buds you want seeded until pistils die back then you know its pollinated.
Also I would focus on certain buds until you know they pollinated then move on to others or you will just end up with a few seeds here there in each plant
I reversed 4 different cuts. The La Kush Headband and the Albany Sour reversed the best. I put the Albany in the room to pollinate the 27 plants. Thats the stretched out ladyboy plant in that picture. I shoulda went with the LA Kush Headband though. She is dumping the most, and her pollen seems to be the most viable. I'm collecting and storing pollen from all 4 of them. Gotta get on that this week. I'm sending some out to friends and a couple breeders so it can get used. I got a couple more cuts coming and I am gonna start up another reversal on them after summer. I need to finish out these two rooms and then do a deep clean and reset for the year. I will have the Skunktek/Chaco, an old ECSD cut from Massachusetts, the Amish, and the Millenial Sour Diesel by then too. I plan on reversing the Millie and the Amish. The Millie was picked up in Oakland in 1999. She is quite unique among the Sours as well. Looks a lot more like Chemdog than any of the other cuts I have seen. I am wondering if she could be one of the early seed pops. Might reverse better. Eventually I am gonna find one thats gonna dump enough to get a whole room fully seeded out.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Reversing the mac and I'm going to hit chaco ECSD, Chem d and Chem 91 with it see what we can find! You know who had the best sour back in the day?? Joebean91 I wish I held onto some of the seeds! Best sour ever go check out his old threads

Dawgz_Daze

So which Diesel cut did you Reverse ?
First pic looks like how the Chaco cut Reverses.

You won't be getting much pollen of that at all , Diesel is 1 of the worse clones to Reverse, either Reverses poorly or gives 90% sterile pollen so I'd repeatedly hand pollinate any buds you want seeded until pistils die back then you know its pollinated.
Also I would focus on certain buds until you know they pollinated then move on to others or you will just end up with a few seeds here there in each plant
Definitely right about the pollen. I should have used the LA Kush Headband in the main room. Her pollen is super viable. The Albany is working but does not wanna pollinate herself or her sisters very well. I got 14 of my favorite cuts in flower in the other room on day 28 so its about the last day I can pollinate them. I will hit some branches tonight with LA Kush Headband pollen. I am really liking the cut too. Badass Sour/Original Diesel plant. Knowing all this now, I think retrying this pollination, but instead reversing 4 plants of just the LA Kush now that I know she dumps well.

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely right about the pollen. I should have used the LA Kush Headband in the main room. Her pollen is super viable. The Albany is working but does not wanna pollinate herself or her sisters very well. I got 14 of my favorite cuts in flower in the other room on day 28 so its about the last day I can pollinate them. I will hit some branches tonight with LA Kush Headband pollen. I am really liking the cut too. Badass Sour/Original Diesel plant. Knowing all this now, I think retrying this pollination, but instead reversing 4 plants of just the LA Kush now that I know she dumps well.
You can pollinate much later than that you just need to wait until seeds have fully developed ( 4 weeks) and just go past the harvest window

Dawgz_Daze

You can pollinate much later than that you just need to wait until seeds have fully developed ( 4 weeks) and just go past the harvest window
I am still planning on growing most of these females for flower as well. If I would have gotten enough pollen too seed the entire room I would have, but this works just fine. I should get at least a dozen beans from each plant. Enough to pop and find some good cuts to keep around. I am gonna go at this again though with just the LA Kush and half the targets. Now that I got an idea of how it works and which one seems to have the best pollen. 4 weeks is plenty of time for beans to develop? I was overestimating then. Good to know. I assumed 6 weeks to be safe.

Dawgz_Daze

Fem pollen is weird. Some plants I hit with the Albany took pollen really well some did not. S1's did not really work. I got a solid amount of the Deathstar x Albany though and a few others. I got a few full branches of Deathstar fully pollinated. I was able to get the TK, Giesel, Skunkband V2, 97 Super Silver Haze, and Dogwalker OG pretty good also. Not as much as the Deathstar cross but plenty to have a decent little hunt.

whereisbrianV.

Chaco got the ECSD from a crew of lesbian bikers in P-town. he didn't stick his name on it, others who got it from him did as a way of keeping the lineage straight.

Skunkteks ECSD and Chaco's ECSD are 100% the same grown side by side for me and others here for a couple seasons now.

lots of folks passing ECSD that isn't ECSD online, both as Chaco's and lately as Tek and Notso's too, I see it every time I go to an event. sour flowers that are notso, lol

just grabbed a clone called original D a few weeks ago, we will see come October....
What events have you had notso's sour at? Who is passing that cut around, because it's definitely not one I have ever seen passed?

LostTribe

Premium user
Original Diesel clone only Feminized project.

Clone Reversed from Female to Reversed Male for making Feminized seeds.

a bunch of Pods ive picked of to hand pollinate Female flowers.
I like to use pollen fresh for said projects of the plant and pollinate immediately not dry/freeze the pollen and use later or for another crop

View attachment 18850310 View attachment 18850312 View attachment 18850313 View attachment 18850311
Hey OJD!

Just curious as to what you normally use to reverse the Sour Diesels?

I recently tried to make a new batch of STS from regent Silver Nitrate crystal and Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous. These ingredients worked before but I hadn't used them in about 3-4 years. The plants reversed but I didnt get any pollen this try. I used the same ratio as the sts thread from @Douglas.Curtis .
I am awaiting fresh ingredients.

Nice work keep it up!

I am loving the Albany but took her a bit early. Its definitely the real deal.

LostTribe

Premium user
Unless the ingredients were exposed to moisture they're still good.

The number one reason we get balls and no pollen is over application of silver. ;)
They are dry. What about temp? They were very dense like the time I used CS and they didnt open. I didnt see any dust after drying thoroughly. Well hard to say as it was very dry and a bit of resin but not much.

No seeds no fem pistils either. I only sprayed day before 1 time and 1 time about a week later. The sour also took forever and they were under shop lights but I havent had issues this way w males.

LostTribe

Premium user
Albany
full

full

LostTribe

Premium user
The Real Sour
full

Chaco
full

These turned out completely different and much better under the Samsung board vs the brigdgelux bars. I got totally different looking plants under the bridgelux. Still good smoke but they morph and don't look right. maybe I had it turned up too high but I am leaning on heading back to hps and hydroton, runs like a well oiled machine. I am about over the coco and led fad. Yeild is shit and I never had an issue with quality.

Goes back to "Use what you got and do what you know", I suppose.

Killahbeez

What events have you had notso's sour at? Who is passing that cut around, because it's definitely not one I have ever seen passed?
He's saying he sees folks vending "notso" sour flowers at events that are most likely not legit along with fake Chaco sour, and fake skunktek sour

Dawgz_Daze

He told me Pipsweed said the same thing.
It was when I first started being active online a couple ish years ago.
Since then I probably doubt he really knows, and I doubt Pip ever said that. I thought I seen Pip grew Notso's Sour and it was different.

Latest posts

Latest posts