What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Chocolate Diesel + 3 More Diesels!

exoticrobotic

I had 2 amazing white rhinos years ago. One fuel smelling that cured to plasticene/silly putty smell the other smelling of baby sick/bleach and spice.

Both were amazing smokes.

I'd go with the Shiskaberry, not that i've ever tried it but from a preservation point of view, i dont think there are any other Shiskaberry strains around. Also, if it is breeder Steve's favourite...Well :D

Last edited:

als_weed

More Seed Fun

First, thanks everyone for your input. I'm interested in any experiences with growing or smoking any of the genes we are looking at.

As for Space Rhino, yes it has Space Queen and White Rhino in it, but also something else I can't recall. The beans are from 3LB, or 3 Little Birds.

3LB posted here, as well as other boards. Known as organic growing gods, they were mods and have a couple long, rambly missives on molasses and guanos that are still bouncing around the net. I found several useful nuggets in those, but the most important knowledge was in the forums. The use of alfalfa cubes and molasses remains in my tea recipes to this day.

They put out a few seeds but had some mixed reports. They were a little "Organic Nazi" and annoyed some, but their excellent pics and consistent help to everyone won me over.

In addition to Space Rhino, I also have Mistress Midori, the 3LB version of Herijuana. 3LBs were interested in making strains specifically for pain relief and were at the forefront of the medical strain movement.

Sadly, they got famous. They disbanded shortly after that.

SDX013.jpg

A 3LB run might be fun! Keep your ideas coming.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

als_weed

Germ Report - another 48 hours

SDX012.jpg

Strain n Germ Sprout Dead
CTSD 9 6 3
APSD 11 11 8
CMDD 10 6
SSDH 7 6

Germ - confirmed tail
Sprout - through the dirt
Dead - confirmed dead

We have some CTSD through the dirt! The APSD is kicking it, being the youngest seeds. Concerned with no sprouts from CMDD and SSDH.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Final Germ & Sprout Report

Here We Are:

SDX014.jpg

Strain - n , Germ , Sprout
CTSD - 9 , 7 , 6
APSD - 11 , 11 , 10
CMDD - 10 , 6 , 0
SSDH - 7 , 7 , 7

CTSD had a late germer that didn't make it. Still quite happy with 6 strong sprouts.

APSD was the fastest and strongest. Being the youngest, this was expected.

CMDD surprised me by just all flat dying in the dirt. I really wanted to see these and it made me sad.

SSDH started later, but won the survival game with 100%.

So we ended up with 23 sprouts to grow out. Pretty stoked about everyone, but my eye will certainly be on our 6 precious CTSD babies.

-al

als_weed

One Week Later

SDX015.jpg

Everyone has survived. Only a couple appear to have the "wonky stem" attribute that seems to appear in relationship to the age of the seeds popped. This normally straightens out with time, but while the tender stem lies in contact with the soil, fungal attacks can happen that critically injure the plant.

I keep a gentle oscillating breeze on the babies to build strong straight stems. Perimeter watering with plain RO avoids blowing out the roots and knocking them over.

-al

als_weed

Another Week Later

SDX016.jpg

Everyone is growing strong and fast. We will be looking for primordia soon!

We have started using al's Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray on schedule with the rest of the mom room. They are also eating al's Dirt Plant Delight Tea at 10% concentration. If you want more information or recipes for these, check the 4 Crosses of Slapz thread for all my tech.

-al

als_weed

Time for a Skirt Trim

Group Before:

SDX017.jpg

It's time for a skirt trim. I trim the bottom sets of leaves to promote the growth of the side branches. Our goal with these plants is to sex them, grow side branches to clone, and keep them alive while we bloom out the clones.

Before:

SDX018.jpg

After:

SDX019.jpg

Showing a Little Leg:

SDX020.jpg

Taking these leaves out prepares the plants to be future mom by increasing light and transpiration to the side branches. The leaves we are removing tend to be the first to die off and normally the first place for trouble with pests.

I'm seeing some early primordia, but nothing yet for final sex determination.

-al

als_weed

First Balls!

SDX021.jpg

An SSSDH decided to show his stuff. There are quite a few indeterminate primordia visible today.

I segregate physically, but don't mark the cup male until it's obvious. Females don't get their cup marked until I see the V for victory. Rarely final sex determination doesn't happen until after the clones hit the bloom room.

We will start doing the formal roundup of the males shortly. Some consideration will have to be made for any CTSD males. Full sex crosses mean a lot of wasted resources when Femmed are just so much more efficient. Hopefully some pretty CTSD girls will show up and make the argument moot.

-al

als_weed

First Male Roundup

Here's our stats on sex determination so far:

Strain , n , Male , Female , Unknown
CTSD , 6 , 1 , 3 , 2
APSD , 10 , 3 , 2 ,5
SSDH , 7 , 4 , 3 , 0

These are preliminary and based on the smallest of primordia. I'm pretty good, but have certainly been fooled before.

I physically segregate males until they confirm their maleness and get wacked, I mark what I believe to be females with a plus. When they are confirmed, the plus is circled.

The slowest to show sex is the Alder Point, while the SSDH has revealed everyone. Most importantly, we have 3 confirmed CTSD females! And 2 more to go!

Here's Our Remaining Participants:

SDX022.jpg

We have 8 females and 7 left to figure out.

I'm so excited!

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

als_weed

To the Cloner!

Our Males:

SDX023.jpg

These have all definitely shown their balls and are culled. Since we have found more than 2 CTSD females, I'm comfortable in letting the males go.

Our Remaining Contestants:

SDX024.jpg

Now we will assign identification numbers for each individual. I line them up by height and number accordingly. This gives me a clue for planning the eventual bloom layout.

I know there are males to be found yet. The Alder Points are taking the longest with the most indeterminate primordia.

CTSD:

SDX025.jpg

APSDa:

SDX026.jpg

APSDb:

SDX027.jpg

SSDH:

SDX028.jpg

Now that everyone has a number, it's off to the cloner!

Cloner Day 0:

SDX029.jpg

I've set up the cloner using al's Rootin Tootin Cloner Setup Sauce. You can get more info and recipes in the 4 Crosses of Slapz thread.

We have three cuts of every individual in the cloner. Our goal here is to get at least one healthy clone of each individual. Any leftovers give us options such as: extras in bloom or replacing the original mom if needed.

Moms After:

SDX030.jpg

Because of their training, each plant is now pruned and ready to be a potential mom, with plenty of branches to harvest while retaining the best hormones for rooting. Now we just have to keep them alive while we bloom out the clones.

-al

als_weed

Cloner Update

SDX031.jpg

We have some slow rooters that prompted me to take some backup cuttings. The SDHs are bit out front and I will probably use the backups to avoid them dominating the grow.

Every prospect has at least one cutting with roots, albeit some are a bit ugly.

We have 4 weeks to get them looking good and ready for the bloom room.

Moms:

SDX032.jpg

We still have some sex determination to do. I figure we will know the rest of the story in a couple weeks.

-al

LarWayne

I can’t believe you still have that choc d! What are your plans with those? You going to make seeds or?? I was part of the skittys choc d crew here in Colorado more than a decade ago. Skitty is a good friend of mine.

And blackberry widow!!!! My man, good memories! Key to breeding that old blackberry stuff is using the purple males.

als_weed

I can’t believe you still have that choc d! What are your plans with those? You going to make seeds or?? I was part of the skittys choc d crew here in Colorado more than a decade ago. Skitty is a good friend of mine.

And blackberry widow!!!! My man, good memories! Key to breeding that old blackberry stuff is using the purple males.
We have 3 Choc D females to look at. Reversing the best and bumping it into the best 18 strains available is prolly where we are going with the project.

Besides BBW, I have a bunch of interesting history in the vault to drag out to do runs with.

The next project will start soon!

Thank you for your interest.

-al

als_weed

Cloner Update

SDX033.jpg

These are about ready to be thinned out after taking a little extra time to root. There are 2 individuals that have not fully revealed their sex.

We are still on track to hit the bloom room in a few weeks.

-al

als_weed

Cloner Update. There can be only one!

Cloner:

SDX034.jpg

Moms:

SDX035.jpg

Diesel Corner:

SDX036.jpg

I have moved everyone going to the bloom room to their own cloner. This gives them plenty of space and light to grow out over the next week or two.

I selected individuals to fit together as a group. So relative size and health were the main factors to get picked for the show.

The moms are still doing fine. We have 2 APSD that still refuse to show their stuff.

I'm not tossing anything until we get well into bloom, resulting in 'Diesel Corner'.

-al

Latest posts

Latest posts