What's new

Original Chocolate Diesel + 3 More Diesels!

als_weed

Day 0 Bloom

Unit:

SDX037.jpg

Cover Sheet:

SDX038.jpg

CTSD Row:

SDX039.jpg

Finally made it to the bloom room! I gave them a couple extra days in veg to hit the sweet spot where we planted no runts. Everyone is between 12 and 18 inches tall, with healthy roots and shoots.

I have added a few extras: ANTR, SBRZ, and GSTP. It will be fun to compare some modern strains with some of our living fossils.

I am so happy to see the CTSD looking so lush. They dominate the center of the canopy shot.

Just so excited to see the girls transplanted with a vigorous start.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX040.jpg

Lots of happy plants and new lush growth.

Data:

SDX041.jpg

The plants have started to eat regularly. We have had a couple early pH adjustments, but are keeping in a stable zone. The lights have been cranked to full power and this diesel train has left the station!

Side:

SDX042.jpg

The APSD are wide leaved, deep green, and leathery.

CTSD Row:

SDX043.jpg

A lot of growth for 7 days. They have put on 2 sets of leaves and look ready to rock!

SSDH Row:

SDX044.jpg

I've started pinching these tall girls already. They grew over a foot in their first week.

I'm very happy with the direction of this grow. No runts and pretty even growth across the strains. No transplant shock, they just hit the room running.

As always. Your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX045.jpg

Everyone is looking happy and well advanced for14 days bloom. As expected, the SSDH has far outpaced the field, doubling in height already!

Data:

SDX046.jpg

A lot has happened as the plants have continued to eat regularly. I did swap a couple APSDs positions to even the canopy a bit, notated on the cover sheet. Shoot pruning, selective fan removal, and trellis tie ups have started as we wrestle with trying to control this group.

Side:

SDX047.jpg

Nice thick structure, healthy leaves, and the results of shoot pruning, show in this shot.

Canopy:

SDX051.jpg

Pretty even canopy with the exception of the SSDHs. Shoot pruning helps keep the plants columnar, giving every individual adequate footprint space.

SSDH Row:

SDX048.jpg

Growing like, well, weed! I'm pinching stems every day, but still think these will hit the light. I'll put another level of trellis in, and strap them down like grape vines if needed.

CTSD Row:

SDX049.jpg

Our center row girls are lush and showing some variation in height.

APSD:

SDX050.jpg

Just lovely looking plants. Wide, vibrant green, waxy leaves and vigorous growth show this strains pedigree. By the looks of it, this was somebody's long term project.

The next week is filled with explosive growth and the first res change. Let's see if SSDH will try to double up again.

-al

Attachments

• SDX048.jpg
    SDX048.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66

als_weed

Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX052.jpg

Welcome to the jungle! Here we are at max stretch. Pinching and picking every day to shape the explosive growth.

Data:

SDX053.jpg

They have been eating steadily and are ready for their first res change. We have a slight tip burn on some, while a couple are showing signs of hunger. This is the result of our compromise nutes for all these different plants.

Side:

SDX054.jpg

SSDH:

SDX055.jpg

Already getting close to the top, these rangy ladies are starting to spread out.

CTSD:

SDX056.jpg

Our 3 girls are showing their individual personalities with varied heights and flower formation.

APSD:

SDX057.jpg

Pretty plants that look quite consistent.

Canopy:

SDX058.jpg

Res change is soon and a PK shift is on the way. I'm happy with their current development, and they seem content with my care.

More trellis work and training is coming as we finish out stretch soon.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX059.jpg

The stretch is slowing as the buds emerge faster. I going to break out another level of trellis for the SSDH as it gets close to the light.

Data:

SDX060.jpg

After the res change, the plants have been eating heavily. They continue to get foliar sprays and are close to getting their first PK boost.

Side:

SDX061.jpg

SSDH:

SDX062.jpg

Most of these are into the light and will need to go horizontal on the trellis.

CTSD:

SDX063.jpg

Looking lush, all three have well developed flower rushes.

APSD Pheno 1:

SDX064.jpg

One of our taller girls, looking exotic.

APSD Pheno 2:

SDX065.jpg

Some of the shorter phenos, with dark wide leathery leaves.

Everyone is doing well as we approach the midpoint of this grow.

Be sure to check out the walk through on YouTube posted above for an up close look at these in the lab.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Day 35 Bloom

Unit:

SDX066.jpg

Data:

SDX067.jpg

The plants got their first PK boost along with a res change. They have been eating steadily and continue to get foliar sprays on their bottom leaves. We have a hint of tip burn, showing we are pushing them just enough.

Side:

SDX068.jpg

I have been taking leaves out of the intermediate bud zone to make sure the buds are not overly shaded.

SSDH:

SDX069.jpg

I put another level of trellis up and am bending the tops over. I'll just strap them down like grape vines from here on out.

CTSD:

SDX070.jpg

I'm loving the look of CTSD1. She's stacking bud and has an oddly acrid sweet perfume right now.

APSD:

SDX071.jpg

Thumb sized buds in tight rosettes across everyone. Lower leaves have a slight fade going.

Corner:

SDX072.jpg

This shot gives you some perspective to see how the plants fill the space.

Half way through the bloom and I would say we have good representatives of every individual.

Heavy bloom starts now and we will shift the nutes to the PK side, while also encouraging terp and oil production with more organics.

As always, your comments and questions are always welcome.

-al

als_weed

Day 42 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX073.jpg

Data:

SDX074.jpg

After the second res change, the plants were fed regularly with 2 additional PK boosts.

Side:

SDX075.jpg

SSDH:

SDX076.jpg

We have a nice spikey pheno and a couple medium branchy ones. The very tops are growing sideways, but there are several side branches that will show us some nice upright buds.

CTSD:

SDX077.jpg

CTSD1 keeps drawing my eye. She's the tallest and frostiest so far of the three.

APSD:

SDX078.jpg

They definitely look like sisters, even though there is plenty of variation to choose from.

Old n New:

SDX079.jpg

Here's a shot that shows an old time weed in contrast to a modern cookies variant. Animal Tree (Lemon Tree x Animal Mints) glistens in the foreground, while our spear pheno SSDH towers in the background.

This is what the market has wrought. Lot more visual appeal, but something in the buzz has been lost in all the cookies and cake.

That's why I'm looking back at older genes for candidates to cross to all the newest strains.

This run is only the start of my Relic Hunt!

-al

als_weed

Day 49 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX080.jpg

Buds are getting fat, while trichome formation is getting to the velvety sheen stage.

Data:

SDX081.jpg

The plants are eating less and got an additional PK boost. They are still getting al's Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray on the lower leaves.

SSDH:

SDX082.jpg

Finally the stretch is done.

CTSD:

SDX083.jpg

The short CTSD3 is looking extra leafy, while her sisters have better bud density.

APSD:

SDX084.jpg

We have some fuel terps coming in.

Other Side:

SDX085.jpg

Some very nice plants.

CTSD 1:

SDX086.jpg

I'm liking the structure of this one!

I'll be upping the biotics and adding terps to help preserve those produced by the plants as we get closer to the finish.

-al

als_weed

Day 63 Bloom Update

Unit:

SDX087.jpg

Just a little bit of jungle!

Data:

SDX088.jpg

We had one more boost before the res was halved and terps were added to help preserve our flavors and aromas.

Side:

SDX089.jpg

SSDH 1,2 &3:

SDX090.jpg

SSDH1 has sweet spears, while 2 & 3 are more branchy with fuel overtones.

SSDH 4:

SDX091.jpg

This branchy one has purped with sweet fuel smell.

CTSD Row:

SDX092.jpg

We ended up with 3 distinct phenos.

CTSD1:

SDX093.jpg

I really like this one. Sticky to the touch, nice trichs, taller structure, and funky fuel stank.

CTSD2:

SDX094.jpg

Mid sized and finishing with pretty colors, she's sticky with firm floral fuel buds.

CTSD3:

SDX095.jpg

This shorter plant has the old school leafy diesel buds. It has the worst structure and the best complex smell.

End Part 1

Attachments

• 1678475537622.png
    1678475537622.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 46

als_weed

Day 63 Bloom Update Part 2

APSD Group:

SDX096.jpg

We have everything from short donkey dicks to medium tall branchy plants. Colors and smells vary from vibrant green white wine aroma to dark purple gas.

APSD5:

SDX097.jpg

I like this medium height branchy plant that purps.

APSD8:

SDX098.jpg

This taller chunkier version has less color, but more fuel.

Old & New:

SDX099.jpg

One more comparison shot of modern versus old school buds.

Here's a walk through for more information:

Old Tyme Diesel Crosses at 63 days Bloom

This is probably the last update until the chop reports are filed. I'll start cutting in a few days, so expect to see final results in a couple weeks.

It's been fun, but now is when we find out if the effort will be rewarded with new keepers and breeders!

-al

1678475878259.png

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Wow awesome run! They got really huge on the left side

So on the last picture Old Tyme Diesel is the one in the backround?

SSSDH and APSD looking fire! Do they smell like classic Sour Diesel?