What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
A Tale of Two Sisters

A Tale of Two Sisters

I just thought I'd share my two Orient Express plants. To say they are two different phenotypes would be an understatement. Kinda like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito in Twins. Or a female version of Laurel and Hardy

attachment.php

Here's a solo shot of the tall sister at 54 days of 12/12. I'm using a 400wt HPS and the Hempy bucket method...I think my buckets are 5 qt or 1 1/2 gallons, I don't remember. There are seven other plants of assorted variety in my small little space (2' X 3' or thereabouts) so conditions are crowded. Still, I'm thrilled with how this plant is coming along. She was a finicky eater from the beginning and I could never tell whether she was nute deficient, overnuted or ph locked. At the same time, she is a monster producer given the environmental conditions. And a beautiful plant.

attachment.php

Here's a bud shot. I wish I was a better photographer but these buds are beauties.

attachment.php

Here's the little sister. An entirely different plant. She's short and squat and incredibly leafy. The leaves are long, thin and delicate. What the mad profusion of leaves hides, however, is a massively thick cola and all the side branches that are bursting with bud I should add that I kept them purposefully small because I wanted to have room for the nine plants in the grow space. I'm delighted with how she is turning out.

attachment.php

I haven't sampled yet. I can't wait, though. They are so different and yet each spectacular.

My only question now is how long to let 'em go. At this point, I'm thinking maybe another week to ten days but feel free to pipe up and share your thoughts.

scaramanga

Wow Mayan, those are certainly opposite ends of the spectrum. They both look good. They look like they may need about a week; but that is personal preference.

Mayan I'm curious as to what they smell like.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, scaramanga...thanks. Yes, I've started flushing. My birthday is next week so I think I may be spending the day wet trimming. That will be nine weeks on the nose. The trichs seem pretty cloudy....and I prefer an up high to the amber couchlock. So, they are going to go through the transformation sooner than later.

As to the odor..I'm not very good at describing the odor and they are growing in this ridiculously crowded space (2'X3') with several other strains (Nebula, Swiss Bliss, Delahaze, Bambata) so it is difficult to hone in on their scent. But I'll try to keep a nostril out and start paying attention.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day mayan,

Yes, looks like you got very different expressions in your OE grow. The short squat chinese indica pheno is usually the most frequent (aprox half plants would express this structure), it's usually leafier and fast flowering.

The taller VB structured pheno is less leafy, higher yielding and takes 2-3 weeks more to finish than short chinese pheno. It's less frequent (aprox 20% or less).

Both phenos share same aromas, kind of effect, ....

B

bocil

Good Dubi, the promised, these photos are of the indoor of my friend Iñaki, of five put seeds, have remained two females and three cutting males, these are the photos.

scaramanga

Bocil, those are some nice pics. I'm just starting to sex mine at the moment so its always nice to see some that are a little more advanced.

I particularly like the sativa leaf form with the tight internodal spacing.

L

Lilly456

Nice OE!! That's one strain I'm glad to have 2 packs of in my freezer.I wish I still had some left but a half pound of that doesn't last long, it's too good.Enjoy the rest of the grow, as to the harvest I have yet to see, myself anyway a sub par OE female.All the best, Chaco.:joint::joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good Dubi, the promised, these photos are of the indoor of my friend Iñaki, of five put seeds, have remained two females and three cutting males, these are the photos.

High bocil

They look healthy, with enough budsites to give a nice yield! Looks like he did a late topping on a tall one :smile: Thank your friend for the pics!
Best wishes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice OE!! That's one strain I'm glad to have 2 packs of in my freezer.I wish I still had some left but a half pound of that doesn't last long, it's too good.Enjoy the rest of the grow, as to the harvest I have yet to see, myself anyway a sub par OE female.All the best, Chaco.:joint::joint:

Thanks Lilly for the warm words :smile: Im glad you enjoyed here!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Well, harvest time is one of joy. Here's my second Orient Express. The tall one. This one was grown in a 5qt (or perhaps 1.5 gallon) Hempy bucket. Under a 400 watt HPS. It shared a 2X3' chamber with eight other plants...it is a magnificent plant! Eccentric looking but regal in her own right!

attachment.php

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Just a couple of more shots of the OE

Just a couple of more shots of the OE

Delicate, coated buds...almost seeping

attachment.php

attachment.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for share this moment of joy with us mayan, a good harvest is always a happy moment for a gardener.

Hope you find it tasty and mind expansive!

scaramanga

lovely plant Mayan. How long did she go in flower, what was the yield, etc?

I'm excited because mine start going in to the flower chamber in less than a week, although only one at a time; perpetual harvest.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, scaramanga...thanks! She was under 12/12 for about 75 days. I have no idea as to the yield, as I don't sell so I don't weigh (and besides, she's drying now)...but if you look at the above pictures, you'll see her after being cut apart for trimming...she was definitely one of the most productive plants I have ever grown. Keep in mind that I purposefully kept her small by keeping her in small containers...the Hempy bucket was only a 1.5 gallon (or less). As you can see, she formed multiple colas and each cola grew flowers vociferously all the way down the stalk. On this pheno, the leaf/calyx ratio was outstanding. I haven't yet smoked her but the resin was thick and practically flowing. I LOVED this plant...hated to bring her down.

L

Lilly456

I think that this thread syas very much:OE is the weed for those of us who enjoy the exoticcrazy oriental buds we've all been looking for for soo long...I just put all mine into flower and have 4 females already, short, stocky, robust, the whole package...I have strains all over but I see those OE there and my mouth waters...Best to all OE lovers, it's like chinese food...:joint::joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts