What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

V

vonforne

thebandit777 said:
HELLO BURN 1, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME BROTHER... I HAVE BEEN USING THIS DOLOMITIC LIME THAT I WAS GIVEN A WHILE BACK, BUT IT'S PELLTIZED... :bashhead: ,,,, IS THIS LIME NOT EVEN AT ALL USEFUL, OR SHOULD THERE BE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO USE, IF SO, HOW MUCH SOULD I USE PER 5 GALLON GROW BAG, USING "OCEAN FOREST" WITH 25-30% PERLITE.....

HOW SHOULD I WORK THIS, ALSO ANY INFO ON USING R/O WATER IN AN AREA WITH A PPM OF ???????? 450 IN THE TAP WATER...????????????????

IS 450 PPM'S NOT THAT BAD? OR SHOULD I JUST DO HALF TAP / AND HALF R/O WATER??/

THNX AGAIN....

An old blender and 5 minutes is all you need to make that pelleted lime powder.

And the OF has lime or rather Oyster shells in it for a ph adjuster and calcium. So, I would lessen the amount of lime as not to over so it. Just my 2 cents.

High B1. How is it going these days. Congrats on the promotion.

V

maryj315

Hey Bandit777 my water is 430 ppm i have been working with it for 2 years now

The reason Vonfarm told you to just add 1 tbls of lime instead of 2 your water contains high amounts of calcium and iron along with the calcium in your soil that's a lot

Also yours and my water will always creep up on the ph its hard to control

Here is what i do mix 50/50 ro tap to between 175 to 275 and i add cal mag every other feeding i also ph anywhere below 7 lime is going to bring it back up to 7 anyway

Burn1 says you do not have to ph the water i have not tried this myself so i do not know i also use ocean forest

Hope this helps

Mj

marali

Hey organic peeps. I wonder how would you go using and combining this two products in guerrilla plots? They are prepared tera preta style... If you need more deatails please let me know.

product#1 - a bag of dolomite lime (powdered)
45% MgCO3
55% CaCO3

product#2 - a bag of different rock dusts (powdered)
MgCO3 1.5-3%
CaCO3 98%
also SiO2, TiO2, P2O5, Al2O3, S in small amounts

I was said i can overdose with the second one, and i can with dolomite lime. So, using and combining is my question. Thank you.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marali-
Post your question in the open forum. You'll get more responses.
But there is no food in those products. No N-P-K except maybe a little potassium if I'm reading that right.
Burn1

V

vonforne

What is the soil make up? Clay or what? Is there a good npk rating in the soil .

V

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Marali use 2TBS per gallon of soil mix of the first and use none of the second, calcium carbonate is rather useless if it's not balanced with a dose of magnesium (magnesium carbonate MgCO3.

marali

BurnOne said:
there is no food in those products. No N-P-K except maybe a little potassium if I'm reading that right.
Burn1
I'm not really into food with this stuff. It's giving additional life and activity for composting process that's going on. And cuz of that composting i want to buffer ph a little bit but not too much! But yes, product#2 does not provide any food. product#1(dolomite lime) gives food. it releases calcium and magnesium. btw, how it's potassium available? is this connected to the caco3 or what?

vonforne said:
What is the soil make up? Clay or what? Is there a good npk rating in the soil.
Well basically i have two different soil structures at my plots.
1. One with black looking soil. Leaves are basic food and mulch. Soil is healthy humus looking, no ideas about npk ratings.
2. Brown looking soil. Clayish in a way, but still healthy, and not to compacted. Leaves are also the basic food and mulch there.

Suby said:
Marali use 2TBS per gallon of soil mix of the first and use none of the second, calcium carbonate is rather useless if it's not balanced with a dose of magnesium
It's not soil mix. there is a lot of different Terra preta amendments in which I mix native soil when filling the hole.

I'm not sure i want use to only dolomite lime. this info from 3lb's makes sense to me.
Dolomite Lime itself has a pH above 7 . . . There's a common misconception by many in the community that it's "neutral" in pH . . . But that's not true . . .

from a purely chemical standpoint . . . Dolomite lime (calcium magnesium carbonate) has pretty much the same pH as Calcite Lime (calcium carbonate) . . . Of course it also has an essential element that plants can be "hungry" for . . . Magnesium . . .

we are actually advocates . . . Of mixing plain calcite lime and dolomite lime together in appox. Equal parts . . . In our long term soil remixing scheme . . . It makes the Calcium / Magnesium / Potassium ratio closer to "ideal" . . . At least that's our experience . . .

even very finely ground dolomite lime can be a bit slow in breaking down . . . And many growing using a soil mix the 1st time see magnesium shortages . . . The best solution is epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) as a fast release source of magnesium . . .

some growers add more and more dolomite lime into their initial soil mix to compensate for the fact that dolomite lime is a bit slow in breaking down . . . But too much magnesium in the overall calcium / magnesium / potassium ratio causes additional soil compaction . . . And can actually "lock out" calcium . . . Which is needed by the plant in larger amounts than magnesium . . .

Here is what i'm going to do.

I'll be mixing equal parts of calcium product with dolomite lime. way less than tbs of each and adding this to a gallon of native soil which will be mixed in layers while building and filling up the hole with TP amendments.

Last edited:
*WITH OUT QUOTING EVERYBODYS POSTS, BUT MEANING TO:*

AFTER READING ALOT OF THESE POSTS I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT: ALL OF YOU WHO HELP US WITH QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS ARE OF THE FINEST OF PEOPLE, .... I TRULY THANK YOU ALL, I AM JUST WANTING TO TAKE THE TIME AND GIVE BACK TO YOU WHAT WOULD USUALLY BE A FAT JOINT OR FOUR OR SEVEN, BUT SINCE WE CAN'T ENJOY THOSE FAT ONES, THAN HERE GOES,::::

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP US ALL WITH OUR QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS, SOME OF US HAVE BEEN GROWING FOR A WHILE, SOME OF US HAVEN'T, SO NO MATTER IF I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 1, 2, OR 10 YEARS, I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, I AM HUMAN AND WILL NEVER STOP LEARNING WHAT THIS EARTH HAS TO OFFER, AND THE POPLE THAT ARE IN IT....

BLESSED ARE THOSE OF YOU WHO GIVE YOUR TIME FOR THE CAUSE, AND I AM INSPIRED BIG TIME TO GIVE EVEN MORE THAN EVER HAVE,

I AM ONE WHO GIVE TIME AND GIVES.... AND WE HARDLY EVER GET THE RECOGNITION WE DESERVE, AND STILL WE PUSH FORWARD IN FULL FORCE TO PROVIDE WHAT IS NEEDED FOR OUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WITH OUT ASKING FOR A MEAR THANK YOU,

AND HERE IT GOES AGAIN:::

THANK YOU ALL, AGAIN AND AGAIN,

SINCERELY AND TRULY,
TB DR7 :D

marali

+1! it's exactly how i feel about this whole organic forum and it's people!

a big thanks from me also... enjoy your days and nights guys and girls...

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hello all,

you`ll notice my "rep" function is off?...that's because all I ever ask of the person I'm helping is a simple thank you.
No karma whoring, just plain help when and if it's needed.

So bandit777 this spliff is for you :joint:

Marali there are a few growers in this forum that have real experience with TerraPreta, they will ALOT more to say than I have because I have never made TP or used it.
Calcium Carbonate is faster acting than dolomite so that's a start, 3LB have never steered me wrong so can trust their info.
Myself I NEVER use calciumcarbonate, I balance my calciums needs out because I use Bone meal which has alot already in there.
Ashes are very alkaline if my chem days serve right, that will help balance the soil ph some, check the forum for the TP thread and ask there, you'll get a more rounded and relevant response.

Peace
S

Oh and that you B1 for all you time and making this thread a success :cool:

V

vonforne

thebandit777 said:
*WITH OUT QUOTING EVERYBODYS POSTS, BUT MEANING TO:*

AFTER READING ALOT OF THESE POSTS I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT: ALL OF YOU WHO HELP US WITH QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS ARE OF THE FINEST OF PEOPLE, .... I TRULY THANK YOU ALL, I AM JUST WANTING TO TAKE THE TIME AND GIVE BACK TO YOU WHAT WOULD USUALLY BE A FAT JOINT OR FOUR OR SEVEN, BUT SINCE WE CAN'T ENJOY THOSE FAT ONES, THAN HERE GOES,::::

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP US ALL WITH OUR QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS, SOME OF US HAVE BEEN GROWING FOR A WHILE, SOME OF US HAVEN'T, SO NO MATTER IF I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 1, 2, OR 10 YEARS, I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, I AM HUMAN AND WILL NEVER STOP LEARNING WHAT THIS EARTH HAS TO OFFER, AND THE POPLE THAT ARE IN IT....

BLESSED ARE THOSE OF YOU WHO GIVE YOUR TIME FOR THE CAUSE, AND I AM INSPIRED BIG TIME TO GIVE EVEN MORE THAN EVER HAVE,

I AM ONE WHO GIVE TIME AND GIVES.... AND WE HARDLY EVER GET THE RECOGNITION WE DESERVE, AND STILL WE PUSH FORWARD IN FULL FORCE TO PROVIDE WHAT IS NEEDED FOR OUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WITH OUT ASKING FOR A MEAR THANK YOU,

AND HERE IT GOES AGAIN:::

THANK YOU ALL, AGAIN AND AGAIN,

SINCERELY AND TRULY,
TB DR7 :D

I think this man understands. A simple picture of a health plant is all the thanks these men need.

V

marali

Yea Suby, ashes acts really strong on the alkaline side and can be overdose really fast. I'm only using them in small amounts in my compost piles.

aloha

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
smokadepep said:
is there a way to give an organic PK boost for flower in soil???
I'm not positive how organic it is?, but you could check out Alaska More Bloom 0-10-10. Also, I know there is a company that makes an organic version of PK 13-14, but I'm having a stoner moment and can't think of it right now lol Maybe do a google search for it...... I could care less if someone gives me "rep" for helping them. Jus knowing that they don't get discouraged and quit is good enough for me, not ta mention the happy plants! I jus get frustrated fighting the ignorance of some who think there way is the -only- way there is ta grow, when I know very well it's not, because I've done it! Take care... BC

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
smokadepep said:
is there a way to give an organic PK boost for flower in soil???

Use 1TBS dry high P bat guano and 1 TBS liquid seaweed and mix it in 1gallon of water, you can also add 1tsp of molasses to boost the microherd.

Liquid seaweed is essential in every organic gardeners cupboard.

marali

Dried plants like comfrey could also be used in a flower soil mix. Comfrey contains around 20% of K in a npk scale.