What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

This year I am using LC's mix #1 w/ B1's recipe #1 amendments and I am having phenominal growth.

Started with clones on May 4th after mixing this recipe and letting it sit for two weeks.

They are 6 times their size at planting and its all water baby.

B1, question, why would I need to add an AACT to my garden when all of the ewc and compost are already in the mix..just add molasses for microbe munchies and water.

The drainage is great and the moisture level is perfect so I believe the O2 levels are good.

So why add tea when its already in there?

minds_I

Burn 1, I have a question regarding recycling soil. In your experience, have you ever decided to start over from scratch? If so what drove you to do it.

oldguy

Just finished a run of jtr with lc's#1 mix. That was a great mix! I'm going to do another run in it again. Seeing how far I can take same batch with adding just teas of comfrey,yarrow and horsetail along with ewc. Thanks for posting that mix. Cheers!

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Burn 1, I have a question regarding recycling soil. In your experience, have you ever decided to start over from scratch? If so what drove you to do it.
I usually start over from scratch every grow. I like to have complete control over my grow. But I have recycled many times. It just depends on what mood I'm in.

Just finished a run of jtr with lc's#1 mix. That was a great mix! I'm going to do another run in it again. Seeing how far I can take same batch with adding just teas of comfrey,yarrow and horsetail along with ewc. Thanks for posting that mix. Cheers!
Good luck with your grow.
Burn1

NaT805

Burn1 i noticed that you edited the guano tea food recipes. i was wondering why did you take out Arcadian kelp mix and liquid karma? i assume its because the ingredients in those are either already available to the plants or they are better given in a different application. can you enlighten me please? thanks! :)

I noticed the veg mix changed from being all three together to an "or", and the amount of Maxicrop increased and Blackstrap molasses decreased.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed the veg mix changed from being all three together to an "or", and the amount of Maxicrop increased and Blackstrap molasses decreased.
Someone edited my post while I was away.
Typo. Fixed.
Maxicrop and molasses didn't change.
Burn1

wonderful

RECIPE #2

If you want to use guano in your soil mix...
Bongaloid's Guano Mix.
Use all these items combined with one gallon of soil mix.

1/3C hi N Guano Mexican Bat Guano or Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/2C hi P Guano (Jamaican or Indonesian Bat Guano)
1TBS Kelp Meal
(OPTIONAL) 1TBS Jersey Greensand

Burn1

and how much soil should i add those amounts to?

John Deere

Veteran
First run with the mix and looking awesome. Here's my skunkman clones. I potted them up to 1 G smart pots today. Thanks again to B1 and everyone else who's contributed to this thread. Awesome stuff.

John Deere

Veteran
3 weeks later and still doing awesome. I'm loving this mix. Thanks again to B1 and all others who've contributed. I couldn't have done it without all of you.

3gunpete

This was probably already covered, but hoping someone can link me in, or tell me weather i can safely use citrus to regulate my ph safely.?.

Trying to eliminate any un needed bottles from grow shop. Im all natural style living org. Type grower for ur info.

J

jerry111165

This was probably already covered, but hoping someone can link me in, or tell me weather i can safely use citrus to regulate my ph safely.?.

Trying to eliminate any un needed bottles from grow shop. Im all natural style living org. Type grower for ur info.

3Gun - I didn't look backwards in the thread as to your soil mix, but with the use of (quality) compost components - ie: thermal compost, vermicompost or earthworm castings, this will help to buffer and regulate your soils pH. No additional checking of, or changing your soils pH is necessary.

Testing and trying to change pH is for the Hydro crowd. It is simply not necessary in a quality organic soil mix.

Your plants look nice.

J

3gunpete

Thanx Jerry. However it may b more complex than that. As I don't really check or attempt to control ph by hydro or synth standards. And yes for the most part my micro life does the job. BUT in the last couple years since my recipe has evolved, I will experience great growth for a few weeks and then (i think) my ph is soaring. The micro nutes seem to get locked up. My well water is very high in ph. To much to even know exactly by using color liquid drops, but I'm guessing well over 8. I tend to use sea plea at half recommended dosage or hygrozyme to lower my ph of water before applying. This seems to help. But if I don't use amendments to buffer my ph. I eventually see deficiency from what I believe is lock out due to high ph.

J

jerry111165

I don't believe in deficiencies in organic soil - at least a well made quality soil. Also, a pH of 8 is not an issue with water in an organic soil, either. Compost will fix it.

I don't think I've ever had a deficiency...

J

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Thanx Jerry. However it may b more complex than that. As I don't really check or attempt to control ph by hydro or synth standards. And yes for the most part my micro life does the job. BUT in the last couple years since my recipe has evolved, I will experience great growth for a few weeks and then (i think) my ph is soaring. The micro nutes seem to get locked up. My well water is very high in ph. To much to even know exactly by using color liquid drops, but I'm guessing well over 8. I tend to use sea plea at half recommended dosage or hygrozyme to lower my ph of water before applying. This seems to help. But if I don't use amendments to buffer my ph. I eventually see deficiency from what I believe is lock out due to high ph.

Where I live, the water is very alkaline, and taps always have a nice scale coating after a few months (water drops that evaporate leave a white residue, etc).. I cut my hard water with rain or distilled water, you could add a bit of lemon juice or acetic acid if you still feel the need.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Hey B1, is the "Grandma's unsulfered molasses" blackstrap?

minds_I

PS...Excellent results so far with LC's mix and the first recipes of amendments. Lush green growth-phenominal in this local.

Latest posts

Latest posts