What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

V

vonforne

The flowering gunao mix instructs to use every watering. If you water every 3 days or so and it takes about 3 days to make a good brew this means your brewer is running 24/7. It seems like you'd go through A LOT of guano if using 2/3 cup every brew. Do you have to mix up a new dry mix to hang in the tea every 3 days or can you just keep using the same mix for a week or so? How long until you've exhausted it?

It takes 24 hours to make a tea. That is the Optimal for a compost or manure tea.

You use new guano every time. So do not re-use it.

Only about 5% of the guano is water soluble.

V

V

vonforne

I thought recipe #3 was suppose to be "brewed" as well. Please inform if im wrong. Using 65 gallon root pots and wondering how much of the tea to use? Will 5 gallons water 65 gallons of Mix #2? I have never used this big of pots. Also do i dilute the tea or use it straight?
wondering how much of the tea to use?
Depends on your plants and what stage of growth. I go by the rule......Less is Better you can always increase but never take away. Burnt plants......are just that......burnt plants. There is no recovery.

RECIPE #3 (My favorite)
If you want to use guano tea and kelp...

Guano Tea and Kelp:

it s just what B1 said it is Guano Tea and Kelp. It should say Guano and Kelp Tea. But I am not going to be the one to tell B1.
V

It takes 24 hours to make a tea. That is the Optimal for a compost or manure tea.

You use new guano every time. So do not re-use it.

Only about 5% of the guano is water soluble.

V

Thanks, that clears things up! Not sure where I got the 3 day brewing time, I think from Teaming with Microbes ? But either way I won't reuse my ingredients, just chuck em or can you top dress a plant with them, just saying I hate to flush them they have 0 useful value?

Phatty

Depends on your plants and what stage of growth. I go by the rule......Less is Better you can always increase but never take away. Burnt plants......are just that......burnt plants. There is no recovery.

So should I dilute the tea or is recipe #3 a starter point?

V

vonforne

Thanks, that clears things up! Not sure where I got the 3 day brewing time, I think from Teaming with Microbes ? But either way I won't reuse my ingredients, just chuck em or can you top dress a plant with them, just saying I hate to flush them they have 0 useful value?

Top dress or add them to the compost bin or worm bin.

C

Carl Carlson

Attachments

• MOFGA%20FS%2011%20Sources%20of%20Plant%20Nutrients.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 57

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I'm using the first soil mix from the very beginning of this thread, and now I'm having a bit of a high pH problem. Not too high, but enough to cause a few of the plants to seem have the beginnings of lock out. With this soil mix, what would be the best remedy. We're talking a pH of 7.0-7.5. My water's pH is fine.

twrex

I'm not sure if it would work or not but it would make sense to water with slightly acidic water. The dolomite should prevent the ph of the soil from going too low but this might help get the ph down some. I'd wait for a pro for confirmation, but it's an idea anyhow.

Alternatively I know some folks use sulfur for adjusting ph down.

twrex

can i flower a plant until its showed sex then revert back to veg?

First off, why did you post this here? Not only is this not the sub-forum for this (new growers) but this is a thread that has NOTHING to do with your question.

To answer your question though: putting a plant into flower and then trying to get it to re-veg would put the plants through way too much stress. It would be better to take a clone and put it in 12/12 to show sex, or just go all the way through flowering and then re-veg after your harvest.

necro001

Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with EVERY watering./QUOTE]

how many grams are 2/3 cup?
thanks

V

vonforne

I'm using the first soil mix from the very beginning of this thread, and now I'm having a bit of a high pH problem. Not too high, but enough to cause a few of the plants to seem have the beginnings of lock out. With this soil mix, what would be the best remedy. We're talking a pH of 7.0-7.5. My water's pH is fine.

Did you allow the soil to sit for a minimum of 2 weeks?

If you did you will be fine. Do not guess.

V