What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

2 TBS per gallon of soil for the N and the P guanos. Add 2 TBS of the Kelp also. and top dress with the Alfalfa as the season progresses.

V

so 6 tbs per gallon altogether? or n for veg and p for flower

by N guano you mean my 10.10.2 psg? or should i buy high n bat guano

thx alot

bigbudbobfrombc

Forget the above post please. I will be using this mixture:

Or, if you use Pro Mix, Sunshine Mix or Fox Farm mixes...
LC's Soiless Mix #2:
6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up) / Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Light Warrior
2 parts perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered (NOT PELLETIZED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
If you use a 3 qt. saucepan as “parts” in the amounts given above, it equals about 1 cu. ft. of soiless mix and you can just dump in a cup of powdered dolomite lime.
But, a "part" can be anything from a tablespoon to a five gallon bucket. Just use the same item for all of the "parts".

Can I use mushroom compost instead of earth worm castings?

simonh

Hi everyone

I've posted this in a couple of soil/tea threads, so if you've read it elsewhere, apologies

I'm doing an indoor grow in uruguay of Blue Himalayan Diesel (autoflower dwarf strain)

I have 5-6 seedlings on the go and they are 10 days old and doing well with the following mix:

Peat Moss 40% / Coco 20% / 20% Worm Castings / 20% perlite

Also in there is some Dolomite Lime and Sea Bird Guano

As they are autoflowers, in around 10-14 days I will transplant them from one litre pots to 6.5 litre pots and keep the same soil mixture to hopefully minimise transplant shock. Although I will add Bone meal to the flowering mix.

As I'm in Uruguay I have very limited resources in terms of Fert's and Nute's, I need advice on what I can do to prepare the teas before they go into flowering at the end of next week

Do I need to use compost teas and guano teas or just guano teas ??

Just to be clear, this is for flowering only, as I dont think they need anything else other than water for the first three weeks as everything is going ok so far:

What I have / Can Get:

A Kitchen Composter that I am putting used Banana skins in, so i can make banana tea (I was told this is good to do but have no idea what to do when its ready - ie how much to use and how frequnently)

Chicken Guano (powderded) 2-6-3
Sea Bird Guano dont know NPK
Black Strap Mollasses (Rayners Essentials - crude black strap - not sure if unsulfered)
Worm Castings

NOTHING ELSE I'm afraid !

So......can I make a tea with these ingredients - how exactly do I make it (no air stone here or similar), how often to use it etc etc etc

I should have 6 plants on the go once they flower so as a very rough guess I'm thinking around 2.5L of water per day for all the plants - bearing this in mind what quantity of tea per 2.5L

Looking at the Soma book on organics and adapting his Guano Tea formula, I was thinking of taking 20ml of hot water and into that mixing 1.5g of the chicken guano until dissolved and then adding that to 2.5L of water (PH 6.0) and feeding with that twice a week throughout the flowering, then flushing - How does this sound and do I need to also add a compost tea (seperately) into the mix and what about the banana tea idea !

BTW if you're interested, grow journal is here:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=167361

and thanks for reading

V

vonforne

so 6 tbs per gallon altogether? or n for veg and p for flower

by N guano you mean my 10.10.2 psg? or should i buy high n bat guano

thx alot

6 TBS....2 of each. Makes a balanced mix. You are going to just plant wit no transplant....right. Or are you going to pot up?

N guano= 10.10.2 or numbers like that. Could be 11-7-2 but you know what I mean.

V

6 TBS....2 of each. Makes a balanced mix. You are going to just plant wit no transplant....right. Or are you going to pot up?

N guano= 10.10.2 or numbers like that. Could be 11-7-2 but you know what I mean.

V

im starting the seedlings in 14 oz beer cups and then transplanting them into my mix outdoors. so 1 transplant. im using an early strain finished 2 weeks into sept and im transplanting outdoors may 2 4 so they will be veging outside for a month

preparing for a small medical outdoor grow in a raised garden bed ~12 cubic feet.

Have done LC mix 1 with blood bone kelp dry fert recipe indoors with great success. Does that dry fert recipe #1 have enough to sustain an outdoor grow till the end? Planning on planting mid june.

Or should I make slight alterations to the dry fert recipe to compensate for a longer outdor veg time?

Either way I really like the plain water/liquid karma till the end application of it. So easy... Maybe I should just stick with the original recipe and see what happens.

I'm sure I'm not the first to wanna bring this awesome water only recipe from the indoors to the outdoors.

Anyone know the way to go? I'll have it animal proofed...

311devon

Which food source for compact SOG?

Which food source for compact SOG?

I have a Dr Bud style Compact Sog. i currently use a soilless mix very similar to LC #1. Mine has a couple parts vermiculite and a little more ewc and mc mixed together as a single component. I've been using chemical ferts and want to switch over to organic.I like the simplicty of recipe #1 and #5. #1 being my first choice, however, i am concerned that with the tiny amout of soil used(approx 20oz)the girls will run out of food before they finish....any thoughts? :plant grow:

if i took lcs mix and mixed it 50/50 with native soil would i have to use double the recommended ferts? for ex.

1 gallon lcs with 6 tbs dry ferts

1 gallon native soil (add another 6 tbs of ferts?)

outdoor grow

V

vonforne

preparing for a small medical outdoor grow in a raised garden bed ~12 cubic feet.

Have done LC mix 1 with blood bone kelp dry fert recipe indoors with great success. Does that dry fert recipe #1 have enough to sustain an outdoor grow till the end? Planning on planting mid june.

Or should I make slight alterations to the dry fert recipe to compensate for a longer outdor veg time?

Either way I really like the plain water/liquid karma till the end application of it. So easy... Maybe I should just stick with the original recipe and see what happens.

I'm sure I'm not the first to wanna bring this awesome water only recipe from the indoors to the outdoors.

Anyone know the way to go? I'll have it animal proofed...

june until when? it should be good enough for outdoor. I would lessen te amount of perlite a bit. And change it to clay pellets as not to be seen from the air as well as perlite.

V

Maybe I should just stick with the original recipe and see what happens.

good idea. Keep us posted in here so all those who want to use it outdoors will have a reference to go by. Thanks.

V

vonforne

I have a Dr Bud style Compact Sog. i currently use a soilless mix very similar to LC #1. Mine has a couple parts vermiculite and a little more ewc and mc mixed together as a single component. I've been using chemical ferts and want to switch over to organic.I like the simplicty of recipe #1 and #5. #1 being my first choice, however, i am concerned that with the tiny amout of soil used(approx 20oz)the girls will run out of food before they finish....any thoughts? :plant grow:

in 20 oz cups? I would stick to the chem ferts until you can get more soil volume.

V

V

vonforne

if i took lcs mix and mixed it 50/50 with native soil would i have to use double the recommended ferts? for ex.

1 gallon lcs with 6 tbs dry ferts

1 gallon native soil (add another 6 tbs of ferts?)

outdoor grow

Try and see. Make sure you take notes. But I do think you would be fine.

V

Wooderson

What's the best way to tell how much and how often plants in LC's mix need Water? I know it's a broad question, I'm just curious of some good rule's of thumb for watering in a mix like this ?

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
What's the best way to tell how much and how often plants in LC's mix need Water? I know it's a broad question, I'm just curious of some good rule's of thumb for watering in a mix like this ?

Weight. Water them until they bleed out the bottoms, then pick up the pot and get a good idea of how heavy it feels. Then when it starts to dry out, you'll notice when it needs water because it'll weigh about half of what it did. The plants will also tell you (I know, sounds so vague and hippy-like, but it's true). When they droop, they're already past needing water.

Wooderson

Weight. Water them until they bleed out the bottoms, then pick up the pot and get a good idea of how heavy it feels. Then when it starts to dry out, you'll notice when it needs water because it'll weigh about half of what it did. The plants will also tell you (I know, sounds so vague and hippy-like, but it's true). When they droop, they're already past needing water.

How can you tell they need water before they Droop?