What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Tea Party with The Rev.

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
i read this thread only today, november 2014, 7 years after your first post Jnugg,
i of course know "teas" since a long time ago, but already i found here inspiration for next outdoor sessions;
great!

Bongstar420

Some microbes produce humate/fulvates

Others consume them

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC106677/

http://www.pjoes.com/pdf/9.4/267-271.pdf

There are 3 reasons for doing anything with compost tea:

1: Reduce Disease
2: Increase Yield
3: Augment Quality (I did a tea once which caused 0.022% 2-Carnene to appear in the terpene profile when all the other profiles reported 0% 2-Carnene)

When you say your plants are "loving it," do you mean you are getting more/better quality/yield?

I quit lots of recipes because they did not increase cannabinoids and the terpenes were only slightly effected. Disease is controlled with specific stuff and I don't lean on teas unless they are ferments of isolated stuff...like Bacillus subtillis tea vs tossing stuff into a bin and fermenting it.

Also, I'm pretty sure my plants have a higher disease load because I used unsterilized stuff to make compost. Any plant part can come with disease as only the most serious things specific to the crop get screened in agriculture. Using grain from the health food store or alfalfa from the coop are great ways to introduce new pathogens to your grow. Cook your stuff and find inoculants if you wanna avoid that!

Really good read, Jnugg. Thanks for posting it.

One thing that I have been adding to my tea lately is humic acid ore. I add a cup or two every five gallons. So far, all my plants seem to be loving it. I emailed Down to Earth (which makes 45% humic acid ore) and this is what they said:

Although he goes both ways on using it in a tea, other resources say that it does not hurt anything. Here is what wikipedia had to say:

Humic acid allows for better nutrient uptake by the plant, meaning that less nutrients is necessary to achieve the same effect.

Has anyone else tried or added this to their tea?

Latest posts

Latest posts